Best Brand Of Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by _A-c-3_, Jun 15, 2007.

1. _A-c-3_

_A-c-3_ Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire HIS 4890's
    Hello all,

My mate wants to buy a 640mb GTS and wants to know what is the best brand? as there are sooooo many around.

in my personal experience MSI sucks for OCing, i have heard good things about Asus, BFG, EVGA, LeadTek and Gigabyte.

but what bout other brands like Palit, ECS sparkle etc etc etc

so what do u all think?

i am thinking EVGA with their step up program :D

2. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC
    My experience with EVGA has been incredible so far. Very impressed...tech support staff is the best. The vid cards are all made by one company, pretty much...it's the customer service and tech support that differentiate...EVGA wins by a large margin

Bob

3. jcorion

jcorion Member

GPU:
    EVGA/7800GS CO
    There is a lot of personal preference involved here. I have also heard that MSI's overclocking potential is poor. I have heard that Leadtek cards sometimes have compatibility issues with certain types of systems. I have no personal experience with either of those. I have had good results from Asus. I've been even more pleased with BFG and EVGA. I would not hesitate to use an XFX card, either. EVGA and XFX like to "factory" overclock versions of their cards. Look at those if you're into O/Cing. My 7800GS Superclocked reference clocks at 375/1200. I still have an AGP system. I know, I know. My EVGA card comes at 430/1300 from the factory, and I have been very stable at 467/1425. XFX factory overclocks the same card at 440/1300. One company that not seems to be overlooked nowadays is Gainward. Their 'Golden Samples" are great. I believe they are based in the UK, so their cards can be harder to locate in the U.S. There are several good brands available. It sounds like you're on the right track. Do some research, shop around, and see what looks good to you.

4. tomgreen321

tomgreen321 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD6870
    All my Nvidia cards have been BFG. I will stick with them from now on.

5. jeffy

jeffy Active Member

GPU:
    GTX570 TwinFrozrII OC
    I like BFG and EVGA. :)

XFX is mediocre for me.

6. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC
    BFG,EVGA,MSI ... and imo stay away from xfx :p i hate them

7. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    I own 6 Leadtek cards and 1 XFX. Like you mentioned before the big brands in the business are BFG, EVGA, XFX, Leadtek, Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, and PNY. Some of the little guys still offer up great cards as well. What you'll find is this is more of a preference situation than anything else as jcorion already pointed out. I personally prefer Leadtek cards as I've overclocked all of them very high for standard versions and I haven't had one issue to speak of. This is involving 5-6 different motherboards, monitors, etc. I've never heard of a compatibility problem with a Leadtek branded card, but that's not to say it isn't possible just as it could be for anyone else.

Your best bet is to shop around and find the best deal for what you're looking for. The market is really in the consumer's benefit anymore with all of the published reviews and tesimonys of products purchased. The clever consumer really gets a good feel of a general consensus on any given product and takes advantage to make the best purchase he/she sees fit.

8. Wu-TanG

Wu-TanG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6970 DirectCU II
    My Top 3:

1: BFG
    2: EVGA
    3: XFX

Btw Lenix, whats wrong with XFX :p

9. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    My vote goes for eVGA.

10. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    I personally think XFX is a quality manufacturer. However, probably the sole reason you get some complaints is the fact that XFX sells many products at large retailers like Wal-Mart and you have many misinformed people purchase and use products and complain when they have problems when probably 75% of the time its user error.

BTW, wtf is a 7800GS XT?

11. Wu-TanG

Wu-TanG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6970 DirectCU II
    7800GS Extreme Edition, i know its EE but XT looks better :p

12. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
  13. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I have a BFG card myself, but eVGA are my favourite then comes gainward and XFX because they do push the clocks higher than most.

Any brand that follows the NVIDIA reference design is pretty much the same, the only real difference is the companies that push the clocks or bring out innovative cooling solutions.

If you had the same 10 cards from 10 different manufacturers and took off the cooler stickers (or covered them up somehow) then you would be hard pressed to find any differences.

14. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    if you live in the states (or any country where the step-up program is available)..

eVGA..i had one, and though i didnt qualify for warranty or step up because of my location, the tech support is just superb..(remember the 7900 fiasco?)

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I do remember the 7900 fiasco (see my current card :)) If you remember back when it was going on eVGA was the very first to release the RoHS (KO) version of the 7900 series which was finally the solution to the problem. They pulled their cards faster and corrected the problem faster than any other manufacture at the time.

I have never had one issue with my 7900GT KO EVER and look at my clocks (650/1650).

I will never buy from anyone else but eVGA unless something major changes.

16. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    mine was weirder, i bought the 7600GT CO and it had a G71 BIOS! lol

so i emailed eVGA and told them my situation where RMA would be next to impossible as i live in the Philippines and the shipping would probably cost a lot..and guess what

the next day i receive 3 emails from 3 different eVGA tech giving me the correct BIOS and instructions how to update..now thats tech support!

17. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    EVGA for the win!

18. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    1. BFG
    2. EVGA
    3. Leadtek

i have had great experiances with these companies, actaully these are the only nvidia companies i would ever buy

i wouldnt go near Xpert Vision as i had countless cards from this company and everyone was faulty......

19. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    1. eVGA
    2. BFG

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i say evga for warrenty, cards themsevles too.
    i say bah to leadtek only cus rma is nightmare,cards so so not bad.
    i say o.k for xfx,the sole reason everytime i get a xxx whatever it clocks its ballz off!