Best 2.1 Desk Sound System

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Nbz, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    Hello Gurus,

A friend of mine is looking for a new 2.1 desk sound system.
    He has arround 130 to 150€ to spend and he told me hes able to fetch the Edifier S330D for 60€ used but new.

Is it worth it? Are there any better choices for the price range listed above?

2. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Corsair recently put out a new unit, the SP2500. Pricey ($200+ USD), but supposedly very nice.

[​IMG]

3. RexAeterna1987

RexAeterna1987 Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870@stock
    i never really liked computer speakers much. don't get me wrong. some cheap 2.1 logitech my brother has ain't half bad in a way. with that budget i would suggest a dedicated stereo integrated amp or receiver and some 2-way or 3-way floor speakers. if you don't mind going used like craigslist or local trading post/thrift store you can find some insanely good stereo gear cheap if you don't mind being patient and looking around. also if locally see if they let you test out the gear before you buy it.

it's very simple to hook up an stereo amp/receiver to a computer. also if find good enough 2-way or 3-way speakers i guarantee you won't be needing a dedicated sub-woofer unless you need ultra low-frequencies below 25hz.

some 2-way and 3-way designs have some serious punch out your lungs bass with the right amp. also don't let wattage discourage you from a purchase. it's comes to the sensitivity of the speakers that tell you how loud they'll get at a given 1 watt. wattage has nothing to do with how the speaker sounds.

4. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    Creative gigaworks t3 is pretty good.

5. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Acoustic Energy AEGO M 2.1 sound great with a good soundcard

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustic-Energy-AE26-06B-active-speaker/dp/B000MN96T6

the sats are small but sound really great nice highs and mids, the sub is quite big but producers really nice warm bass, it has a few settings to suit for bass tastes :3

when im not using headphones I use a set of these and Im really happy with them.

6. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Good call - spent a lot of time with a set of these and they really sound excellent.

7. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    Thanks guys,

Told my friend to look for the Acoustic Energy ones.

Thanks

8. keskiverto

keskiverto Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte / GTX460 / 1GB
    You mean the single three-way switch for "some", "more", and "lot" of bass.

The power/volume knob is on the bass too.

Cannot blame the sound though.

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    yup thats the one!