Best 1440p 60hz monitor under 250$

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Zoleek, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Zoleek

Zoleek Guest

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix 1070
    I'm trying to find a VESA compatible 2k monitor under 250$ and I found two options but I don't know how good they are because they don't have a lot of reviews. The monitors I found are the Acer CB271HU bmidprx and the ViewSonic VA2719-2K-Smhd. I use my monitor for gaming but I don't want a 144hz because my 1070 won't be able to push that at max settings. All the monitors that are in "Best 1440p Monitors" lists are well over 250$ and usually around 400$. I would love any recommendations because I just want to find the best one I can buy for that price.

2. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Don't worry about the specific model. Spend some time reading up on panel types (TN, VA, and IPS) and color depth (8bit vs 10bit). Then make a list of any features you want, like inputs, usb hub, ergo adjustments, etc. Use that information to do some filtering on a site like pcpartpicker.com to see what QHD monitors have specs that match your taste. Newegg and B&H photo are also good sites for gathering information as they typically have detailed specs listed for their products.

Personally, I would look for a VA panel with 10 bit color, then save extra money to get the one I want, rather than drawing a line at the price-point. To me, the monitor is the most important part of a gaming PC and it's the last place I want to settle. I've done that before and regretted it. All the stuff inside the PC case is there to push the experience, but the monitor and speakers/headphones is where it counts.

Any brand can have a bad panel with light bleed, stuck pixels, etc. You're rolling the dice every time you place an order. I've dealt with around 2 dozen monitors between home and work, and I've had issues with 3 of them. Just make sure you buy from an online store that offers free returns in case there is an issue. Don't buy from a random seller who is selling through Amazon - buy it only from Amazon directly. And be careful when you unbox it not to damage any of the packing materials since it may be heading right back after opening.

3. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M

5. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    jep monitors ok, but shop looks like scumm :(

6. Zoleek

Zoleek Guest

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix 1070
    So do you think I should listen to those lists and find a really good 1440p monitor and ignore the price?

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What about Asus monitors? are you able to find any within your price range? they usually do pretty good monitors, BenQ is another ok brand.