Best $10 steam game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by FaM, Jun 22, 2009.

1. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    So I have 11 bucks collecting dust in my paypal. I own every source based game but thats about it. Looking for the best $10 steam game that I could be happy with.

I have a new gtx260 im looking to test out but im open to anything, hell for 10 bucks, I just want something fun any way I can get it.

Im not into rpgs or even rts though.

Im favoring plants vs zombies because I liked the demo, but I fear that may get old quickly.

Thoughts?

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
  3. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Ive heard good things about deus ex but graphics look hl1ish?
    Any experience?

Never played any of the rainbow 6 games, Im a CS guy. Would I like it?
    Thoughts?

Max Payne ive already got.

GTA vice city.....maybe, never played it.

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    If you've never played Deus Ex I would say get that. Everyone has to play it at some point, it really is one of those legendary games that everyone should experience.

5. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    I'm playing Rainbow Six 2 at the time.....
    If that is the "vegas" one on the post above.....get it , it's worth the 10 $$
    deus Ex it's just great, but I gues it's kinda hard to get a hold on it, if you are used to nowadays visuals.....

BTW, Rainbow 6 it's a *tactical* shooter, nothing to do w/ CS....... at least on the SP part of it.....

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Same thing with Rainbow Six.

Rainbow Six is not as fast as CS, weapons feel realistic, enemy and you can take same amount of damage, you have team mates which are smarter and shoot better than average CS public server idiot.

It's fair game, you have better gear and plans, but not as many people. Both are human (well, bots) and can take same amount of damage.

Vegas: Not real Rainbow Six as first ones were, no planning and more like action game, you still dies quite easily.

Rainbow Six 3 Gold Edition: Game + expansion. More "hardcore" tactical shooter with planning and all cool stuff, last real Rainbow Six.

7. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Thanks guys I think Ill youtube a few of the games you listed and figure one out.

8. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  9. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    I'd say the best game on steam for under $10 is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Don't be turned off by the "Might and Magic" name; it's nothing like the turn-based RPG's with the same title. It's a first-person action game with plenty of dismemberment. The only RPG elements are choosing which skills you want, like being able to stealth and backstab, use a bow & arrow, etc.

Dark Messiah is also a source engine game with decent visuals, which is a big advantage over the games other people have suggested in this thread. Deus Ex and Rainbow Six: Raven Shield are excellent games but by today's standards, they will look extremely dated.

10. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Hell yeah! I really love/d that game. Seriously, if it's in your budget, than it's the one to choose!

I also loved Vice City, guess I'm just a sucker for 80's feelin':p Those are 2 that I recommend!

11. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Yeah, for $10 bucks and still a good looking game, Dark Messiah all the way.

Kicking people into spikes never gets old!

12. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Kicking orc's off the hills is also a good fun!;)

13. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    On a side note speaking of spikes, madworld had lost its fun for me after about a month. Maybe its the fact it was black and white, or so repetitive, but I cant play that anymore. No desire to beat it.

14. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Plants VS Zombies- hilarious game but also incredibly fun and repayable

15. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    take a look at defcon and darwinia. im not sure if its your style, but i love those 2 games!

16. ZeroAndOne

ZeroAndOne Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS AGP 256mb @ stock
    For $10 on Steam, I got myself an Assassin's Creed few weeks ago. It was totally worth the price even though it became repetitive a bit.

However, plants vs zombies is addictive though. After I introduce this to my cousin, she couldn't stop playing it. lol (Well, so do I)

As for replayability for plants vs zombies, I am not too sure yet. Just got it.

17. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I ended up faultering and just buying plants vs zombies

BUT,

Ill probably buy another really soon.

18. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    How you people are able to play Plants vs. Zombies is beyond me. It was fun for like 30 minutes before I realized how simple and repetitive it is. Spending money on a game with the production values of an undergraduate computer science project when you could get a real game seems like a waste to me.

19. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I dunno. Every time I see a zombie with a pair of glasses or a tin can on his head i laugh. Seams ever so increasingly difficult as new zombies approach. Also, my 4 yr old daughter likes to help me play it and soon she will be able to on her own. Kinda kid friendly I guess, as long as your kid thinks zombies are funny. Heaven help us if we are ever really attacked by zombies again.

20. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Again ....?? :funny: