benq xl2411t dying

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by FiENDO, Jul 4, 2014.

1. FiENDO

FiENDO Member

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    hey

i think my benq is dying but i want to be sure its the monitor frist so i will explain.

since 2 weeks ago the monitor stated flickering a lot but only after reset but today it completely block all the vision, i cant see anything, so i started on security mode and it was ok again.

installed new windows and got no problems but notice that when i change the lighting from 60% to 20% the monitor flickers again.. i put it again back to 60 and it stays ok..

srry for bad english but i will record a video and upload so you guys can see the problem.

the monitor is almost new, got it last year and never touch it since then, i will change the power cable and test it with a vga cable but i think it wont change anything since when i change the lithining the panel just goes full white.

2. FiENDO

FiENDO Member

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    so i finnaly found my camera and i can explain whats going on with the monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD-0XWsideE&feature=youtu.be

1- the monitor flashes under this refreshes (100/120/144)

2- under 60/85 hz its ok but when i lower the brigtness it happens just like 144hz.

3- i test the colours and it only happens on the black colour (test it with lcdtest)

4- some games work at 144hz (bf4) but again on dark areas the monitor flashes with white lines.

5- i dont have any idea why this is happening but 1 i used to have zero motion blur tweak and i trie to overclock to 4k on the nvidia panel.

i can only see this artifcts with a camera, screen shots is ok.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Sound like possibly an issue with the PWM function of the backlight. Either that or it's the video card. Have you got another means of trying out the monitor on a different video card?

4. FiENDO

FiENDO Member

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    ty for replying.

i did test with another cable and gpu and the problem remains.. the real problem is the colours.. i did a test that displays 5 colours

red- didint flash
    green- didint flash
    blue-didint flash
    purple-didint flash
    black-boom monitor goes full static with white lines.

i can only reproduce this at 100hz cause i can see part of the screen but at 120/144 its completly shutdown, i cant see anything.

i dont have the knolgde to know what it but i think its nothing to serius.

5. akakakak

akakakak New Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8go
    Bumping this thread cause I have the EXACT same problem, even watching his youtube video make it happen to me.

I cant find any solutions anywhere, even when people make a thread about it, no one even ever answer, so I wanna try my luck here. Anyone who can come up with a solution?

It would be so awesome, inb4 thanks.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Sounds like some kind of backlight issue. If the monitor is under Warranty it is your best bet to send the monitor in for repairs or get a replacement.