BenQ Releases PV3200PT 32-Inch 4K Video Editing Monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Why they not use HDMI 2.0? Instead old HDMI 1.4.

3. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I guess HDMI 1.4 ports are cheaper and it is considered that HDMI 2.0 is not needed for video editing purposes ?

Though I see cost saving to such extents on a monitor that is no doubt as expensive as this one to really not be the issue

It is a shame though an reduces their potential market as I'm sure some videophile home users would love this monitor and also with HDMI 2.0

4. NAMEk

NAMEk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    1000:1 static contrast. Somehow i don't see professionals buying it.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there to this day still no standard on how they're supposed to measure contrast ratio? As in every company says whatever the hell they want. One company's 1K:1 is another's 10K:1.

I can tell you one thing, their listed dynamic contrast ratio of 20M:1 is BS. Their website is very odd. They give you some specifics but leave out any fine details. They don't even mention what type of IPS panel it uses.

That may sound like nitpicking, but when buying a premium product I want to know exactly what it is, especially when there are alternatives.

6. NAMEk

NAMEk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Yes, dynamic contrast is BS. And static contrast is the one you have to keep an eye on. There is a very good website which tests monitors and compares to real numbers. Usually no monitor can reach it's specified contrast ratio at best color accuracy it can achieve. But lower the number - lower results are being reported.

This monitors have no market segment. Gamers doesn't need it, simple office doesn't need it, pros won't buy it...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016