BenQ announces E-Sports Zowie 144Hz 24.5inch XL2536 monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    You must not be a gamer or maybe you just missed the part where it says "E-sports". It's a gaming monitor for hardcore's who want fast response times and the least amount of ghosting possible "among other things". It's not for starbucks drinking leg crossing panel snob hipsters. You know the type, desperate creepy guy who pull out his latest iphone whenever an attractive girl is around. Not saying that's the image I get looking at your picture or anything.

Gaming monitor for gaming. Common sense, get some.

3. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    solocreep is right i own a 2k ultrawide ips monitor and a 2k tn monitor 165 hz, and TN monitor are just fine with the colors and the response time is so fast and movement is so much more fluid on high refresh rate. i enjoy game on the 2k ultra wide ips 60 hertz as well, but for shooters online its so much better to play on the tn with high refresh rate

4. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    feel free to refer to SoloCreeps first response.

if you can't get the fact these monitors have a very specific user in mind, namely gamers who above all else want high refresh rates and the fastest response times they can get, then you are an idiot.

we all know there are monitors with better colour reproduction, better viewing angles, and a higher pixel density. you need to let it go.

5. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    just because you cannot doesn't mean that others cannot.

clearly this is a waste of all of our time trying to explain this to you, so i am done.

enjoy being ignorant.

6. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    mental note: avoid the bridge that Kastriot resides under

7. fuzion3153

fuzion3153 Guest

Lol, did you say.. Hardcore gamers? Is this a joke? Do you even know what a good monitor is? E-sports or not you do not need this TN hunk of old junk because someone is afraid of ghosting. The IPS panel people are replying with in here are talking about Ultrawides as well, which is used for business work, not gaming. Compare that to the Asus G-sync 165hz ROG monitor and you won't see any ghosting. THAT's for hardcore gamers, which is actually what is used AT THE E-SPORTS GAMING CONVENTIONS. and I own a Samsung S8 thanks, I just know what's good and what isn't, at least know your facts before you start throwing random crap around on forums.

I own the Asus ROG 165hz monitor, it works great. I'll never go back to TN. Ghosting is not an issue.

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    All this aside why would someone get this monitor for e-sports when there are 240hz monitors out there that in that professional setting would be far better since the lower latency and more Hz the monitor gives.

yasamoka likes this.
  9. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Same I own an AOC AGON AG271QG and there is no ghosting on these IPS 165HZ Gsync monitors.

10. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Do you own that monitor? Is there a G-Sync version (I can't find one at the market I usually buy my tech from)? I'm curious because I'm considering an upgrade and VA's great contrast seems like a good fit to me. I think people severely underestimate how much contrast contributes to image quality.
    I would prefer 1440p but I see that 1440p 144Hz VA are really rare; if you add in G-Sync they're impossible to find.

Also the idea the guys were emphasizing on is indeed ghosting; but I don't understand why they're being so rude about it. I think the point comes from the fact that many IPS monitors are pretty unusable at 144Hz due to their sluggish response time; I remember seeing some LG IPS review recently and the thing was doing ok at 120Hz but atrocious at 144.

11. Timothy D Smith

Timothy D Smith Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 1080ti
    I think you all are missing the point. The real value in the benq monitor is low persistence. If you have never had a low persistence monitor then you probably don't understand how much of a difference it makes. I get that a TN panel sucks but a proper low persistence panel is hard to find. I would take a 1080p/144hz LP panel before I'd buy a 4k/60hz display.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Tn is not so baad anymore, one m8 bought a cheap monitor and it didnt look off., but still Its no IPS or VA when it comes to color/angles..