Benefits over Riva?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by LedHed, Oct 2, 2009.

1. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    My 295 supports this program so I'm wondering why anyone would choose it over RivaTuner? What does it offer that is unique besides an easier to read GUI?

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Cause i cba with rivatuner its to complex for a noob like me.

3. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I use a lot of things in RivaTuner like: custom fan speeds, force NVIDIA driver, OCing, hardware monitoring, etc.

I don't think this program will be more beneficial to me.

4. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    Afterburner seems like a slimmed down version of Precision with the fan-control interface we've all been begging for. Besides that, Afterburner is pretty well non-automated (no Launcher or Scheduler) so if RivaTuner works for you I can't think of a reason to switch.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    we use alot more features then most so you cant beat the best. alot do not they just want use the o/c and fan parts.

6. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

You guys are professional geeks, so may think Afterburner is too easy. But from MSI perspective, Afterburner is a easy way for everyone to tweak their graphics card. simple, easy and pretty.

7. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    True, and Afterburner would be awesome, especially with the user-friendly fan-control interface. The fan-control curve in Afterburner is what people have been waiting for. It couldn't be any better IMO.

But you can't schedule it so...flop. Might as well spend a few hours (or minutes, if you chance upon the right guide from the start) learning how to automate it with RivaTuner.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009