Bend it like an iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 24, 2014.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I don't really feel like bending my phone to prove a point tbh (plus it doesn't have glass in front of the LCD either), I don't know how isolated the 5 or 5s bent cases were, a google result just pulled up a small amount of cases, it was more just in response to you posting it bull and that it would shatter
    I agree, people are dumb, don't put it in your back pocket.

But this is likely also affecting front pocket.

2. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    If ask me it believe the reason why the iPhone bent so much easier is due the fact the has more half round edge doesn't help things unlike older 5 model that has a flat edge which make it far more strength

3. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    The problem i see, is not really that it bend, but more that it dont come back on this normal state.. whatever is the pressure and whatever is the use, after a long time use, this could potentially lay some other problem on the table.

This said, i will wait more results and feedback on it before jump to any conclusion.

The ring / side of the I6 is a complete copy of the HTC ( and of the Meizu released 1 year ago who was copy HTC ring design ) and this one you cant bend it, it seems the problem is just the aluminium is too thin and dont prevent it. Unlike plastic who will come back to his normal state, metal like aluminium, if it can bend like this will stay with the bend untill you apply an opposite force to it.

Its basically what you see in this video ( its not the best, because he really apply a lot of pressure on it ), but you see the Note3 coming back to his "normal" state, not the I6 who stay like that.

Anyway you could try with the Note4 and Alpha, or HTC One, you will not arrive to this result, because the metal ring around is made for prevent this.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I was just about to post that, lol. "But will it b(l)end?"

5. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Oh! People are bending them by placing them in their back pocket and sitting down on it? I can't view the video while at work. Websense blocks it. If thats what's happening that would be a bad idea. My concern is would it bend if I keep it in my front pocket when I sit down?

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    Using the right metal would cut into profit. Why make a good product when you can make an average product and have people buy a 2nd or 3rd phone.

7. spider

spider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    It will blend and probably bend too.

8. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
  9. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    Im a little confused to why so many comments are suggesting this only happens in you back pocket. I own an iPhone 5s(but I really miss my nokia lumia) and im not sticking up for apple, but people in here are assuming these are 300lb people with these in their back pockets, and im willing to bet its 120lb hipsters wearing their moms pants with their phone in their front pocket

10. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Its not really the problem of the metal itself anyway .. Some use magnesium+aluminium, some use carbon + aluminium ( LG, and Lumia ) etc etc

The problem can come by the way you teint it by electrolyze ( for teint the metal ).. Looking at the past history with Foxconn, the problem can just come from that. (( you remember the HTC and i5s launch ? )

11. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    thanks for clarifying.:)

12. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    Should have waited before Pre-Ordering. They were happy they sold 10 million phones. Now they have 10 million pissed off iPhone 6 owners. It is still yet to arrive. I will keep it nicely sealed and maybe I'll just sell it to an Apple fan boy. Or wait until I get me a nice Spigen Tough armor case.

I'm really confused. What to you think guys ? Sell it sealed once I receive it or keep it and get a nice hard case ?

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Your Apple love will make you buy the reinforced case :3eyes:

14. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    It's just stupid how did the 6 Plus pass QA with this Major deffect in it ??!! Feels wrong specially when paying a 1000 bucks.

15. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dont trust all numbers send in the wind ... it account for all major distributors FAI who hope sold 100K Iphones in their country ..

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I pointed this out to a iphone fanboy friend of mine. His reply was "now imagine what would happen to a cheap plastic samsung phone" to which I replied "nothing, the note 3 doesn't bend like that, see the video".

He called me a geeky idiot. haha, typical.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I've never heard of the new Apple Bend feature before.. that is like next gen..

The Apple Wave feature is my favorite new feature... I mean.. um..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Little

Little Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    Now the iOS 8.0.1 update is killing off cellular service and disabling TouchID.
    They pulled the update from servers. LOL

19. orky87

orky87 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    iPhone 6 Plus should have a new slogan...Bends like no other! or simply iBend Plus!

I bet Apple fans will still find a way to defend this.

Geniuses!
    Talk about levels of intellect lol!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so should alot the other issue that poped up in other other iphones.