Benchmark shows AMD Ryzen 7 5800X processor with eight cores

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    Has to be something else going on for a Ryzen part to beat a 10900k like that in a gaming benchmark, but then they are rumoured to hit 5ghz boost this gen with 15% IPC. Exciting times ahead for real tech fans

Undying and Maddness like this.
  3. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    How come the big difference at 4K resolution?
    As far as I'm aware of the only 'thing' users need for 4K resolution is GPU power rather than CPU.
    But hell yeah give me that Zen3! :)

4. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Dammmm , that is crazy !
    Have fun reviewing it boss. We wait patiently for your 30 pages review .
    Let"s hope it will be this good

5. SmootyPoody

SmootyPoody Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 ref
    The 10900K is still beating the 5800X in the test. the "CPU framerate" is theoretical. It is just a number the bench is producing, but its not a number the CPU is producing in the "game". And lets not get carried away. The Intel system is using 16GB of RAM vs 32GB of RAM on the AMD system.. But we dont anything about clocks, frequency or thermals so this is just fun and games - not scientificly nor objective.. So it does not say anything about anything.

But Look at the pictures posted. It cleary says the Intel 10900K beating the 5800X.

6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Lets say they are very close and that was expected from Zen3 , to lose gap and match intel at gaming . But i think we might get a bit of suprise :)

southamptonfc likes this.
  7. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Perhaps the benchmark decouples the CPU results from the GPU in the same way the benchmark in Forza Horizon 4 does?

8. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    ????
    CPU framerate and again cpu framerate and again CPU Framerate AND AGAIN C P U F R A M E R A T E

IMG_20200930_120447.jpg

9. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Moore law was correct then, said in one his videos when Intel see Zen3 gaming performance Intel engineers will be popping pain killers for headache it's causing them. 8 core 5800x soundly beating 10 core 10900k.

10. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    My 3600 is on sale now. Gonna need that 5600.

Silva likes this.

11. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    According To reviewers, CPU frame rate is the estimated framerate when the cpu is not bottlenecked by the gpu.
    We still have to wait for the unveil. But this sounds true because at 4k we are gpu bound. A 1080p benchmark would have been better.

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I think it will be "THE" Gaming beast for 5y+ , as consoles use simillar hardware , i can't see how 6c/12t becomes obslete ( like 4c/4t) in forseenable future

13. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Being a benchmark, it is what it is, a game loop with a null renderer that emulates a gpu without limits.
    So it counts the fps you could do, but that you will never do probably.
    The differences with 4k could be that at higher res the game engine could have more details to take in account, different lod settings and so more load.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I can especially when games start being developed for new consoles only. 8c/16t will become standard soon so going with ryzen 7 is a smart idea.

moo100times likes this.
  15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    arent new consoles 6/12 ?

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    8/16 for both series x and ps5.

Silva likes this.
  17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Damn , maybe i should go with 5700x then ..... Hope my B550 can cope . Supose it has GOOD vrm :D

Undying likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I expected even 5600X to be a 8/16 but i guess its not the case maybe with zen4 we'll see 8core ryzen 5.

19. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    This is gonna be good. :)

20. SmootyPoody

SmootyPoody Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 ref
    No. It is a synthesized result. Look at the picture. Look at where it says "framerate" that is the actual framerate the "game" is running in. Looking at the "CPU framerate" is like taking the "framerate" benchmark result then doing a cinebench result in multithreaded performance and then interpolating those results together. The AMD processores are of cause gonna do better as they do theoretical multitheaded workloads better, but it is not the actual performance the overall system is doing in the game.

They even did a 1080p and the Intel still was better in the actual framerate result.

It makes no sense to say that the "CPU framerate" is what the game COULD run at if it didnt have a GPU bottleneck, because then why is the Intel result higher but it scores lower in the "CPU framerate" result? Look I am no Intel fanboy. I am just pointing out the obvious that is the result in the test from the image. I am not the one who posted the picture. We all know AMD CPU are better multithread workers. This has been true for a couple of years. As long as it was implementet correctly. I am just stating what the benchmark result is actually saying.

Like everything else. Lets just wait for the actual test where we know the methodology behind instead of getting carried away by pre launch results. And lets look at the correct results before the hype trains leaves the station.