Benchmark analysis: Battlefield V Open Beta: PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Well you paired a 1600 with a 1080Ti, that's to be expected in many games.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    That is very disappointing. :(

I hope Dice can fix that, i'm not going to upgrade my CPU until the new ones come out.

What? this is the only game this happens, BF1 runs perfectly fine with GPU maxed out...
    It's the game, not my CPU.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    I'd say it's definitely your CPU that's holding back GPU usage.

Mine stays pegged at 99% usage.

You can verify that by typing perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 in the console.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  4. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I don't get the vram chart on the last page, why is a 580 using so much more memory than a vega card at the same resolution/settings? And how is an 8GB card using 9.6GB of memory?

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Played a few hours worth today - really not impressed with the game in the slightest.

Graphically it's 'fine', but the gameplay is really 'clunky', with a permanent "I'm not connected to the floor" floating feeling coupled to a horrible 'sway' that is really off-putting. It's not clear whether you can bust through a door or not, and end up slamming into a solid wall. It does feel as if the graphics were designed for 2160p, as it is nigh-impossible to make out snipers @ 1080p, and so every outdoors environment becomes a game of "check 270 degrees in X and Y axis all the way to the horizon" to make sure the microscopic dot somewhere is not a sniper.

It's tedious and I went to play a few rounds of Nosharr canals immediately afterwards on BF3, and even the netcode is buggy, it's a lot more fun and engaging.

Other small things annoyed me, like point blank shots to the head not killing someone, TTK crazy high versus low skill, stretching combat times for no reason. They really should have gone for LOW TTK and crazy high skill. Bullet drop is (again, because of the 1080p versus 2160p) nearly impossible to judge, versus BF3 which was nearly perfect, making a 6X 'scoped shotgun kill a very real and predictable thing @ 150metres. Sometimes you have no bullet drop on a sniper rifle and so miss the head, or you hit their knees, quite annoying. No clarity as to what obstacles a TANK can plough through, versus a bush that is made of weapons-grade titanium, so you get stuck. No clarity to the environment as to what you can and cannot vault over, jump over, set on fire, blow up, destroy, use as cover, shoot through etc.

So...big environments, designed by someone who was told to design a level that can handle every single type of player, and so, appeal to none.

Gonna skip this one, just like I did BF1.

But yeah, graphically, it's 'fine'.

ninja edit: I'm sure Mr "If I can't make any money from YouTube, what's the point?" Jack Frags will tell you he is "Super Excited" to be playing it.

Yeah...I bet all the YouTubers will...sheesh.

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Yes, 4k really does make a difference in this game, or even better, 4k with increased render res ;P

Honestly though, it's time people moved from 1080p, and the fact that the ray tracing crap means that even the 2080 ti will only run the game in 1080p if you want decent fps, means it's just not going to be used.

Look at the difference between 1080p and 4k in the same scene.

1080p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes a massive difference to the amount of visable details, including enemies.

mrrulez911 likes this.
  7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ah, because the right chart has a wrong label - it is, in fact, a 1080 Ti. Fixed, sorry about that.

Duke Nil and mrrulez911 like this.
  8. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    "Shaping up to be something really good" ? NOOOOO. It will be an absolute pile of poop. For the masses who also enjoy things such as Lady Gaga and other crap.

Nope. Just everyone with a brain and taste and who actually want some quality and originality in their games, not the same old rehashed games over and over.
    Seems for once, those who agree with me are in the majority!

9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Yep, I had the same experience re not being able to pick out enemy snipers at 1080p. I think a lot of it is due to the ridiculous blurry TAA which you can't turn off - everything at distance is blurry - ridiculous! If they provide an option in the future to run without TAA then I think it will be ok to pick out long distance enemies - it's fine in BF1 for instance with TAA off.

10. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    You're gonna be getting a lower average fps with Ryzen 1600 vs modern Intel when talking high refresh rate gaming, but I agree that there seems to be some issue with BF1 not loading up usage of the CPU enough/properly - especially in that scene where it was only about 90fps at the end of the video. Praps they'll fine tune the performance & get it sorted when it comes to your CPU, I agree it should be running better than it currently is for you.

EDIT: and here's another link to another video reviewing Ryzen vs Intel CPUs, it's some solid testing the guy did, they're a well known review site afterall. So 2nd gen Ryzen having problems with this game too, not just your Ryzen 1600:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018

11. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    Totallly I agree. Listen man, best BF game ever was BFBC2 and you know why? It had incredible and balanced Rush maps. Extreme, very exciting fights were talking place. Then came BF3 that had the most horrible Rush maps ever. Then stopped buying BF games. And as you said I don't want WWI/II themed BF but I'm willing to try it for the fact alone they fixed the "netcode" as you mentioned. Of course I'll do a little searching before I buy it.

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    I hope in High Settings with 2x AA will be able to keep 60FPS VSynced on my rig ( 4690 - 1060 6GB - 1080p ). Otherwise I'm willing to tone everything down until it does - except 2x AA and Low TXAA. I never play any game without VSync and normal Anti-Aliasing. And if it does 4xAA which I consider perfect, no TXAA/FXAA will be needed. I truly hate when the camera moves some elements trembling without proper AA.

At least when i5 9600 will come out with H390 M/B. My next upgrade.

As for the weird FPS all over the place, I remember when BF3 came so did HD7950. In first two months the FPS were between 40-55 and a little 60 ( looking at sky, hehe ). When the 3rd month came, I could play at same settings 60FPS VSynced without dropping below even once. Don't know if drivers matured or the patch of BF3, but I was happy 'cause before needless to say, disappointed. The first GCN card I got gain tremendous stability and horse power after a while almost on most games.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Very impressed with the performance and visuals. Running 1080p, DX 11 ultra settings and smooth framerates. Not bad at all since I'm still using an old AMD 8350 CPU. With DX12 the game is very laggy and in my opinion Microsoft has really dropped the ball on this. They have a lot of kinks to work out.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  14. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Well I am not exactly thrilled with the performance but its acceptable. It is a beta so I am sure it will be quite a bit better when released. I am getting 99% GPU usage and 50-60% CPU usage on an i7 8700k @ 4.7ghz and at UW 1440p I avg 70-80 fps.

15. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    DLC is hate speach guys

[​IMG]

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Free DLC isn't censored though, oddly enough. White seems to be censored too but Egg White goes through last I read about these words so I have no idea how this thing works, algorithm based?
    (Well it's better than having a big list of fun words in the game data, digging that out was always enlightening for some of the terms considered bad. :p )

17. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64 Nit
    I don't have that bad experience with my Ryzen 7. I did some testing but unfortunately I have a 3 year old GPU so I had to lower the setting to minimum to remove the GPU as a bottleneck. I'm aware that some graphical setting have some impact to the CPU, especially "mesh quality" which is responsible for render distance but no way is accounting for such lower fps on Ryzen systems.

18. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Well that is high fps you're getting there with your Ryzen CPU, but I'm thinking (like you suggested) that by turning everything down to minimum you've also reduced graphical settings that have CPU influence, unless there's some kind of a 'bug' associated with higher graphics settings and Ryzen CPUs. Maybe RAM speed & latency on Ryzen systems is very important in this game to Ryzen systems performance - perhaps you're running very high clocked & low latency RAM?

19. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64 Nit
    From that minimum baseline I increase the settings to ultra one at a time and I saw that mesh quality is the most taxing (~7 fps) for the cpu but the gpu usage also has increased. As for the RAM, is set to 3200Mhz with low timings/subtimings indeed.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  20. tyr8338

tyr8338 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 @ 2 GHz
    Wtf is this complaining about being locked after 5 graphic card swaps... Its open beta just make another account :D