Benchmark analysis: Battlefield V Open Beta: PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Am I blind or did they not even test a 5930K @ 3.5Ghz in that review?

2. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    @ gamers nexus

3. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Try 1440p :)

mrrulez911 likes this.
  4. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Active Member

GPU:
    GBT 1080Ti XtremeEd
    I'll try that, but I play all my games @ 4k resolution since the date I purchased my first 4k screen in 2013.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    What a troll. xD

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No more talk of quad core being dead and what not.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    He (@nizzen ) is not justifying his purchase, he is just trying hard to impress everyone around.
    I bet 1/2 of forum readers are already tired from reading his "j3rk1|\|g myself w/ HW" posts.
    That's not behavior of HW enthusiast. It is external expression of illness.

HW enthusiast can be happy with weak, but interesting HW. Or use of old tweaked thing.
    That's difference between: "I rebuilt 1970 camaro" vs. "I just bought new model of Ferrari."
    One enjoys making something with it, understanding. Other enjoys showing it.
    Here we are again, ninjaing me while I type :)

Embra and vbetts like this.
  8. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    I've just ran the Beta on a quadcore 6700K @4.6Ghz and it was smooth, it also wasn't CPU limited - my GPU was at 100% usage and the CPU at about 70% usage with fps between 100-130fps. Quad core i7 CPU is fine in this game. In fact the 7700K got the highest fps out of a bunch of CPUs with more cores in that link that guy gave a few posts back. Quad core hyperthreaded CPUs are by no means 'dead'! @vbetts , sorry - read your post after I posted!

vbetts likes this.
  9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I feel like you answered your own question - it's because of the sports games. And before you say "yeah but what about my point of the governing bodies" they can't do anything as long as EA holds some of the rights. This is why Spiderman was such a struggle when it came to the Avengers movies - Marvel made an agreement with Columbia, back in the early 2000s, so they basically had to wait for that agreement to expire.

In addition to the sports games, Maxis still carries a lot of weight, despite the latest SimCity being garbage and Sims 4 price gouging everyone.

10. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X
    Maybe I just misunderstood your post, or you misunderstood mine... but I almost literally quoted the game's design director, lol

Noisiv likes this.

11. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    It plays decently smooth at 2K with a GTX 1070. However I just do not like the gemeplay at all. It has weird disjointed feel to the game. I had to play a round of BF4, there is something about BFV that lacks the feeling of immersion even know the graphics are better. I haven't worked with the settings much yet to see if the FOV etc can help out.

It's hard to quickly tell enemies from friendlies if you have all the eye candy turned up. There is no spotting enemies. Pistols are very OP right now especially if you can aim. It takes 5 sticks of dynamite to blow up tanks.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    What do you mean it doesn't run well?

Mine runs great, maxed out at 1440P.

FPS generally ranges from 110-130~ in rotterdam.

Pretty good considering beta.

fantaskarsef and yasamoka like this.
  13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    What SLI profile did you use, as SLI does not work.

I had to use the BF1 profile in Nvidia Inspector to get my second GPU to kick in....

14. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Same :)

Inspector with bf1 profile.

15. ScomComputers

ScomComputers New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    2700X +1080Ti 4K DX11....:)

16. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Argghh, played another 30mins of this beta just to see if I was right first time! Another thing I don't like in addition to my previous dislikes (which mainly centred around the atrociously blurry TAA, and poor performance for poor graphics quality in comparison to BF1), the colours are too saturated, looks like a cartoon. Also, the guns are anaemic and don't have any feedback as well as the gun sounds being uncharacterful and wimpy - in BF 1 they had feedback & character and never felt like pea shooters. Fingers crossed for some positive changes before launch, but I feel they can't revamp the whole game. World War 2 must have been a colourful children's party in comparison to World War 1 then - feels like a game for tweenies! (Sorry for being so rude about this game, I'm just surprised by it's creation in general so far....maybe it would grow on me!)

17. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I have similar concerns about technical side of bf5. Overall game is pretty much ok and i enjoy it, it has a lot of big changes over previous bf games (squad revive without necessity of being a medic, medic and ammo stations, etc.) Recently i purchased bf1 revolution edition and, i have very unpopular opinion: last good bf which gave me lots of fun was bad company 2, bf3, 4, hardline were ok but totally not interesting to me and they had big problem: it was possible to farm points by doing almost nothing. It was possible to reach max level without killing anyone. Especially on such badly designed maps like metro which had these dumb chokepoints. BF1 was first bf game since bad company 2 which gave me a lot of fun and i enjoy playing it. After playing bf5 open beta for whole night i confirmed my assumptions which is since i already own bf1 and have good time with it despite new mechanics and cool looking maps in bf5 i do not see any reason to purchase the game and definitely will not buy it on launch.

What some people already mentioned here game looks nice but not as good as bf1 and is running worse than it and i had to reduce details a lot to have it not to hiccup as much as it was on ultra details, but from my hardware i do not expect it to be running this game on ultra as i have 2012 cpu (fx-6300) and 2015 gpu (r9 380 4GB). Maybe later i will record a video of how game runs on this hardware and upload it to youtube.

I'm pretty much confused about proper definition of TAA and how TAA works in bf5. Overall in games if i am correct there are two totally different methods of antialiasing labeled as TAA: one is mystical post-process method which is never described how it actually works beside it is "post-process aa method" and other one is upscaling from lower resolution with added msaa x4 like it was for example in quantum break and recently is in rainbow six siege but in case of siege i'm not sure if it adds msaa x4 on top of rendering in lower resolution. I hope dice will add option to disable TAA, it can be console command bu would love to have such option. TAA confusion is even bigger to some people who, for some reason, think TAA and TXAA are the same thing (similar confusion as SMAA vs MSAA). TXAA is nvidia's proprietary and locked to nvidia gpus only method similar to msaa with addition of temporal filtering.

Nice video, would be nice to see Narvik too. I like this map as i overall like winter, snowy maps in games and also Narvik is lighter in terms of system requirements (i'm getting there more fps and more fluid gameplay).

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    My GPU usage is really low on grand operations, 50-60%, it pisses me off.

I don't think i have this on the Rotterdam map, it felt 100+ fps all the time.

19. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    I think that this is the problem with the Ryzen 1600 CPU combined with this game, saw this comparison video over on notebookreview forums:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...e-lake-cpus-z390.811225/page-37#post-10792011

Particularly, right at the end of the video they're showing sub 100fps gameplay with low GPU usage.

20. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980 / 4GB
    I have a 1080ti, a i7-5960X and get anywhere from 80 to 130fps at 1440p with DX11 and max details. The first time I joined "Narvik - Breakthrough" the performance plummeted to 10 - 50fps. There is most definitely a severe performance bug in the beta, but I couldn't reproduce it. After closing BFV and reloading the game it all came right.

BFV is more GPU intensive than BF1. On my PC the default resolution scale is set to 100% whereas in BF1 I've set it to 120% and still get better FPS. It's all very playable though and, most of the time the game is silky smooth, I assume with the help of g-sync.