Bench! and 3D Renderer errors

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by ChubbyChimp, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ChubbyChimp

ChubbyChimp New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire / X1800XT / 512MB
    When I try to run the Bench or the 3D Renderer in the Overclocking menu, I'm met with a series of errors. First, with the 3D Renderer, I get "File access denied", followed by "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000." After all of this, the 3D Renderer box pops up, but is blank, and upon closing the box, this error appears: "Access violation at address 00426994 in module 'atitray.exe'. Write of address 0000000D."

When I try and run the Bench, I'm first met with "File access denied" again, and then recieve "No support for GLSL found! Please update your drivers. Benchmark can not be executed!", then finally "Access violation at address 00426994 in module 'atitray.exe'. Write of address 0000000D." again.

Sorry if this has been touched on in the past; browsing around here didn't turn up anything. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit with ATI 7.8 drivers. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Check your opengl settings and drivers. If ATT says No GLSL support- thats mean you have a problems with OpenGL subsystem. Try to uninstall catalyst, clean up system and install them again

3. ChubbyChimp

ChubbyChimp New Member

GPU:
    I uninstalled all ATI software and ATT, cleaned out both installation directories, and then reinstalled. I then checked my OpenGL drivers and all seemed fine. I still get the same problems as listed earlier.

I tried running ATT as administrator and I was actually able to open both Bench and 3D Renderer, but they both froze and my screen went black. After a brief moment, the display came back and Windows said that the video driver had recovered.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have no idea whats wrong. I have Vista32 + X1800XT and no problems. But I have disabled all stupid things like UAC and siting as Administrator with full access to all folders including windows\system32

5. ChubbyChimp

ChubbyChimp New Member

GPU:
    After reinstalling all of my drivers and then running ATT as administrator, I finally got the tools to work! Looks like there were some problems with my drivers after all.

It's so much easier and faster using the tools than loading a profile, getting in game, and scrutinizing every inch of the screen for anomalies. Thanks a lot for your help, Ray! :)