Before you play Crysis2 in SLI

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rodman, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I imagine most of you already know about this but figured it might help some of you out. When I first fired up Crysis 2 the best performance I could get was playing on high settings @ 1920x1200. Even then It would drop below 60fps. I was like what is up with that. I had the latest drivers installed 260.99 as I dont mess with BETA drivers, just a thing I have.

So I fire the game up with the sli meter thing you can check at the top of the driver menu and low and behold no sli. So I go to Nvidia and notice a SLI patch you install into your current driver to enable sli support. I will mention It mentions using it with the latest beta drivers but it installed and works like a charm on 260.99 drivers. With that said, even the latest drivers will not enable SLI.

Now as simple as this may seem no review or forums I read through mention this, yet I find it pretty important. So now I can run the game at Extreme settings @ 1920x1200 @60fps:)

Hope this helps, link below is the one I used.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-multigpu-SLI-profile-update-v7-driver.html

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti