Been playing Prey...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    With all the graphical mods, pretty sweet looking. Looks crisp, clean, looks better than some games released today.

That said, for some reason, Spirit Realm is entirely gray for me. I cannot see crap in it...which is annoying.

Other than that, flawless performance 60+FPS constantly @ 1920 x 1200, 4xAA, all settings on, plus mods to give Soft Shadows & Better graphics.

Gameplay is alright, story seems cool so far, great intro. Spirit Realm issue...really hurting here. I tried to Google, got nothing.

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I remember the demo and it lagging bad on my old PC so I never got around to playing the full game. Wonder why they never made a sequel.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I read it's in development. Prey got great reviews, better than Doom 3, and sold more...haha.

4. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    Prey is a great game and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the story and the voice acting for the main character if I remember right. I was able to play max@ 720P on my 6600 back then.

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I think it's the only non-parody game with a main character that is an Indian, also. Quite awesome. He murders a little to easily though. Like no reservation.

6. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    prey was a great game , hope they make the sequel..

7. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    How exactly do you have soft shadows working in Prey? The mod has only been released for Doom 3 so far, though he has said he will release complete versions for other Tech 4 engine games later.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I agree played it couple years ago and it was a great game. Good news to see that they thinking about sequel.

9. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I love this game, still play it now. Not thought about modding it though ... untill now. What do you recommend?

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    there are mods for this game? :D lol i didnt know that and i have it installed atm.

imo it still looks great, even without any mods

edit: well the ending is made to be a sequel, but that was what 3-4years ago.. lol where is that sequel already :nerd:

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I still play the game to this day. Great game. Graphics without mods still looks great. What mods do u use Mkilbride? I agree I want a sequel. Where is it!!!!!!

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I loved Prey. It ran on my old 6800GT a lot better than Doom3 did too. Still I think I could only play on medium settings.

13. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    Completely grey you say? From what I remember the spirit realm has the look of another dimension where the sky and landscape is in a kind of black & white monochrome colour scheme, but the souls circling your character are a vivid red or blue.

Can you be more precise or attach screenshot? Are you talking about missing textures where you have sound but nothing on screen? Or is there something almost visible that is lacking a colour palette?

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    depends which realm, the one you die or the one you get to meet your grandfather - this one has a sunny desert like vibe no gray textures etc...

15. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    It is a great game but I could never finish it all the way through.

16. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It flashes and I see the swirl around, but the center is gray so I can't see anything. Probably has something to do with the graphical mods, but not sure which...

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Self_Shadows_for_IdTech4;112921

Self-Shadow for Prey 4. Like I said though, one of these mods is causing issues. I'm using the latest Shader pack

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Shaders_Enhancer_D3_ROE_PACK;112087

It says it supports Prey in the readme. I start it using the .bat.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A sequel was announced about a year after PREY was released, it was to be developed by Human Head and published under Radar Group's title.
    But since then... Radar Group sold the PREY IP to ZeniMax and Human Head will not comment if they are attached to the project or if they are working on it.

Right now, it's been almost four years with no real information on the title. I hope for information sometime soon, there has to be something being done with it.
    It would be stupid for ZeniMax to buy the IP and not do anything with it. But, after three plus years... it sucks waiting for sequels to solid titles.

Well, Tommy does comment to his Grandfather at one point that "The Army taught me how to kill... " so Tommy is familiar with combat and defending himself.
    3DRealms really wanted to deliver a solid, emotional story... they didn't want it to be campy or funny. But dark and serious... with some humanity in there. And I feel they really delivered.

18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, I know the Army bit, but you can kill those humans who are just crying in a corner and he just goes "Sorry bro"

I'd think he'd be a little more like "oh ****, I just killed an innocent human being without even trying to talk to them"

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I honestly never tried to kill the humans.

20. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    great game and looked awesome.