BD-R burning...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by nemoreborn, Mar 19, 2011.

1. nemoreborn

nemoreborn Master Guru

GPU:
    currently building
    i just bought my first bd writer drive today !!! and i have no clue how to burn a BD !!!

what software i need ... and i imagine some bd have copyright so what software i need to bypass this ..

can i burn data on a BD same as a dvd !? like a windows back-up or w/e?

thx to help me out yo !

btw , my drive came with '' cyberlink BD solution software bundle ''

wich include : powerdvd 9 BD , powerProducer 5 , PowerDirector7 , Power2Go 6 , Powerbackup 2 , InstantBurn 5 .

good ?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  2. superweapons

superweapons Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Core 216
    Use ImgBurn or an equivalent writing software. If you're just writing data to blank BD-R's, then there won't be any copy protection. They should burn more or less the same way as DVD's.

3. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Imgburn, AnyDVD and BD-Rebuilder are all you need.

4. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    Yes, SlySoft AnyDVD HD is the best Blu Ray ripper but to be able to play ripped Blu Ray movies from your harddrive with PowerDVD you need to follow this guide, which uses ImgBurn to create an .iso file from your ripped movie and Elaborate Bytes Virtual CloneDrive to mount the .iso in such way that you can play it in PowerDVD without hiccups:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24169

Of course you can also use ImgBurn to burn the ripped movie instead of using ImgBurn to create the .iso file etcetera. However, your Blu Ray burner will unnecessarily make some noise, consume power, warm up and die faster if you use it to play movie discs all the time so playing movies from harddrive is still a slightly better choice if you know how to do it. :)

5. nemoreborn

nemoreborn Master Guru

GPU:
    currently building
    warm up and die O.O !? i actualy tough this drive was made to read bluray since its a bluray drive ?!?!?!??!

6. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    ^ All hardware dies soon or later but because it's a burner I'm assuming you want it to burn as reliably as possible for as long as possible so no need to cause wear and tear on it, especially not when even a child knows how to avoid it, eh?