Bay Area GeForce users w/ random Chrome TDRs after installing 352.86+ driver...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ManuelG, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    lol yes cause ManuelG is the only persons at Nvidia working on this fix.

He just a community liaison, basically just relays messages to the development team.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Think he got a time out for that 1.

3. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    Just wanted to add I'm having no issues, Firefox has HA enabled, Chrome is not installed (been running without it for a couple months on this rig).

I have Afterburner 4.1.1 always running, with 2000 ms polling (not sure if thats the default or what but thats what it's set to).

Geforce Driver version 353.06, GF Experience is installed (HD Audio and Miracast not installed). Adobe Flash 17.0.0.188 (just adding that since lots of ppl having browser issues). Nothing is overclocked, all stock.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  4. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    ...nvm

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015

5. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Yesterday decided to try one last time trying to get the 353.12 drivers running w/o errors. Clean install using all installer components (except GF Experience - using latest v2.4.5.44). Also used the latest DDU ver. 15.3.0.1 released yesterday (fixes some cleanup issues) to completely remove NVidia software. This is the second DDU released this past week ...

No errors to report ...

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Made me laugh when i first read it tbh.

7. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    It is but it's not my primary card anymore, I haven't updated my system info here in ages :)

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well after a week of playing various games, mostly The Witcher 3, and without any TDR issues, I was browsing using Chrome this morning and my PC appeared to freeze. A minute later a "driver has stopped responding and recovered" error message popped up in the system tray!

On viewing the Event log, there is the usual display crash error but before that there are around 25-30 Event ID 13 errors as follows:

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    Variable String to Large

and

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video3
    NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 5, TPC 3): TEX NACK / Page Fault

and

\Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x52c224=0x80000000 0x52c228=0x0 0x52c22c=0x0 0x52c234=0x0

Note the spelling mistake in the first error...it should be Variable String too Large!!! lol

Anyway, clearly this issue is not fixed for me entirely though I seem to have no issue playing games and I have also been browsing all week too using Chrome. I will have to just continue as I have been doing and see when (if?) this issue appears again. It is a bit unbelievable though that my PC can handle intensive games without issue but I get a TDR doing something as simple as doing a Google search!!!!!!

*EDIT*
    Been playing The Witcher 3, Tesla Effect and Kholat throughout the day with NO TDR issues. I believe the issue on my setup is caused by having Chrome (with hardware acceleration enabled) open while playing games. The browser was open when I got my TDRs while playing Project CARS and Far Cry 4 after installing my new card and, again, today shortly after I'd been playing Blackguard 2 (which I picked up in the Steam sale). If I don't have Chrome open then I can play games fine and just using Chrome does not trigger TDRs either.

Clearly, NVIDIA need to sort this issue out as it is not a recent thing as I've seen reports of browser TDR issues for a couple of years now though I do not generally experience it because I do not normally leave browsers open while playing games.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  9. nvanao

nvanao Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti Classy
    Ok. Thank you! :)

10. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Has ManualG run off?

11. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    My guess is they've identified the issue and are working on a solution. No need for additional feedback ....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  12. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    Or the user who called him a p***k showed how childish some people in this forum are and he decided to pack up from this forum?

13. BrianJ_64

BrianJ_64 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    No problem here, also had the problem with MSI Afterburner only.

14. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3 W/C
    And, quite frankly, who could blame him.

15. BrianJ_64

BrianJ_64 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    No, blame Guru3D for the lack of forum moderation.:eyes:

People are going rampant on this forum and act like dogs needing attention with (for example) topics with a username in the title, FULL CAPS, or offending people/corporate officials directly. The latter is the most common(I feel for you AMDMatt :infinity: ) and the biggest priority for forum mods to prevent.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    While it's possible that might happen and I agree some users post crap .
    Since he is in support , I am sure he has thick skin, you have to to do this kind of work .

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Is that with them games in fullscreen or borderless mode?
    I'm not using Chrome a lot, mainly using IE, but don't have any issues with either when running fullscreen games and alt tabbing between them.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I always play games in proper fullscreen unless they only support borderless window mode, which one or two do, Blackguards and its sequel for example.

*EDIT*
    The issue may be specific to certain games. For example, I have just played 15 minutes of an DX9 Unreal Engine 3 called A Story About My Uncle at 4K and it was fine even though I had Chrome open. I have never had The Witcher 3 crash or TDR either, and again I am pretty sure I may have left Chrome open accidentally while playing it once or twice.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Guru3d has always been quite fair in what your allowed to post. I would not want to see this place run with nazi moderation. I like to have a certain amount of freedom when I post. As for that guy calling Manuel g a prick I found it quite funny tbh. The guy got punished for it and Manuel g if that's upset him the he needs to grow a big pair of balls and just brush it aside and move on as all professionals do. Sometimes people around here go on as if they are at kindergarten and it pisses me off more than on offensive but sometimes amusing bit of posting. Life is short, lets laugh and move on.

Manuel g if your reading this get yourself back in here and come help the community.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  20. EarlZ

EarlZ Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 780
    I havent seen the TDR 353.06 for a long while now on my system.. maybe its been.. 2 weeks I think.. I changed my PCIE lane settings from the bios down to GEN2 instead of GEN3.