Bay Area GeForce users w/ random Chrome TDRs after installing 352.86+ driver...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ManuelG, Jun 6, 2015.

1. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    We just want less TDRs, man. I don't care who is responsible but if setting the polling rate higher makes my end user experience better then that's what I'll do.

Yes, we are aware the problem is on Nvidia's end. THIS VERY THREAD IS NVIDIA ASKING US TO HELP THEM FIX THEIR ****. We know that upgrading the latest drivers is what prompted this. That doesn't mean that we can't ****ing put 2 and 2 together to help Nvidia track down what's causing the issue in their driver.

Maybe we should try using smoke signals so no one's offended by the mention of any particular piece of software.

Incidentally, polling rate to 6000 and a clean install of the hotfix drivers hasn't produced a TDR in over 24 hrs. There is likely still a conflict here but at least it's tolerable.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

And I just want to focus on more important things and development instead of being forced to comment fake statements like "AB is the root of problem" or "So Unwinder does need to look into this.." a few times per day. Especially when I'm mentioned as the person responsible for fixing it.
    I don't think that you have a chance to understand me until you create something yourself, share it with a few million community then start feeling on your skin what does it mean to be bombarded by users who just want to play without TDRs and don't care about anything else.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  3. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Credit where credit is due, Unwinder is replying, ManualG has run off

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    Just as an FYI to those directing ire towards software like Afterburner or Precision, I don't run any of those apps on my rig. It's all running at stock. I was getting driver crashes with Witcher 3 (all I'm playing lately) and with Chrome.

It's the drivers. They have issues.

If we were on AMD I'd be worried but Nvidia will release a stable driver eventually.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    For those who want more TDRs option, Ive made an application for this in the past. Its available on my website. Its named TDR Manipulator.

Here is a little screen of it:
    [​IMG]

This is only a *Possible* workaround. And I personally don't really recommend to alter this setting unless it is for testing purpose.
    If you are altering this, don't forget to set this back to normal after testing.
    They are and were created for a reason.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    For what it's worth I'm running AB almost constantly and I had zero crashes in Chrome and Firefox on any recent version of the driver. TW3 did crash the driver for me once on 353.06 but this hasn't happen in any other game I've played since then (and I've put TW3 on hold because of patches and waiting for 980Ti so I can't really say if TDRs are really happening there often for me).

7. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Yes but doing a polling rate fix in MSI Afterburner may well be a BAND AID FIX that stops the drivers from crashing.

Also where the hell is ManualG, he should be in this thread constantly in discussion with the members

8. FDisk

FDisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    He is currently fixing the problem for Bay Area people. It will take a while until he gets to you. lol. /jk

9. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    ah hah :D

10. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    where is that polling rate in evga precision X or OC guru 2?

11. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    So, time to move to the bay area? How the hell is everyone's mom supposed to afford an apartment or townhouse with a basement?!?

12. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Let's hope so, the last stable version of the drivers for me runs UT4 like garbage, the current drivers run it smooth as butter but crash on Adobe apps with GPU accell (especially Illustrator) as well as Chrome & FF.

13. nvanao

nvanao Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti Classy
    @Scalarscience: Your GTX 285 is still working!?? wow?! If yes then I give you congratulations due to the long life span. :)

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still to this date* knock on wood* never seen TDR on my system other then when my 9800gt went belly up cause it ram went. I have seen massive amounts of TDR on the system i made for my uncle that was due to bad motherboard and bad system ram replaced those and that system hasnt seen tdr since

That being said no TDR in games or FF with or without AB runing

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Probably needs to update his sig. Newer drivers do not support the GTX 285.

16. Unwinder

It never stops to amaze me how people change their words when talking behind someone’s back and face to face. Don’t you even assume that I could read whole thread @ OCUK and see your thoughts posted there? What’s a point in coming here and talking to neurotic, who don’t care what his users think and simply don’t know what is going on inside his software? Especially, if you’re even not using MSI Afterburner. Please try to entertain OCUK forum readers in some different way, cross-forum trolling is not the best idea. ;)

17. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I am using the same driver and they work pretty good! Sounds like Nvidia has identified the problem and will be out shortly with a fixed driver. :)

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    lol, captured

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    LoL, Busted!

20. Unwinder

I know that I'm unhelpful, I read it almost every day during last 15 years since day one when the first free version of RivaTuner was released here on July 17 2000. Please return to OCUK and keep enjoying personal attacks there with your pal Pirate. And I'll gladly continue my unhelpful activity there.