Bay Area GeForce users w/ random Chrome TDRs after installing 352.86+ driver...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ManuelG, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Spenty

Spenty Active Member

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    Yeah he should be on here on his weekend instead of enjoying his time outside of work doing real life things.

Get a ****ing grip of yourself, should you be sacked for trying to get information on an issue you didn't cause?

Idiot.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I can't believe some of responses being posted here .
    ManuelG posted here to get help, so they can track down better the issue with a system that is easy reproducible crashes .

IMO, If you can't read and understand first post, don't post here or it just turns into every other driver xxx.xx one .
    It won't help anyone,

3. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    You ungrateful sons of .... He is actually trying to help you guys, are you really that stupid? I experienced some crashes with the previous driver when I had TW3 and Chrome open, sadly I can't come to 'Murica right now :p

4. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    I've had *desktop* crashes with 2 machines, one running a GTX580 & the other a GTX960. PrecisionX is only open when a game is running, and no crashes there. So with NO precisionX or Afterburner running, I get complete driver crashes with videos playing in firefox (no chrome in background), firefox completely hard locks (black inside it's window), chrome & firefox together = crash again etc. Nothing else running in background except Eset Nod32 & Adobe CC app...

5. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    How about Experience? Are you guys running this? I have no crashing whatsoever but just audio, physx, and graphics installed.

Some people need to get a grip man. Go back to an old driver and do something else for a bit. Dear god.

6. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Not a single crash in 353.06 WHQL and older drivers. Only performance boosts. :) at my GTX 670 (heavily OC'ed).

Im using precision x as well for years. I truly dont know why people get crashes with newest drivers...

7. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    I had one driver reset earlier with Chrome open, hardware acceleration on, afterburner on and overlay enabled, 353.06, while playing League of Legends. It's not something that happens frequently, however.

Also it's mostly one dude losing his mind. Sounds like a young teenager. Report his posts and ignore him.

8. Shelledfade

Shelledfade Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    I don't install geforce experience. Don't think its G experience causing the issue.

9. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I also don't think it's G Experience ... with latest G Experience and 350.12 no problems. Get errors when using drivers greater than version 350.12.

10. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Some suggest Physx possibly? That may be worth checking I guess.

Yeah, these forums are a little bit more chill than Geforce where a couple people HAVE already lost their minds.:bed:

The one guy with the m a n uel is a de c i e v er is the best! :toke:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

11. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual 580 GTX SLI
    Was running YouTube on chrome, a video was palaying. I launched GeForce experience for the first time and started scanning for new games. Blue screen,

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Not having problems with Chrome (Version 43.0.2357.81 m), MSI Afterburner (Version 4.1.1.7625) and GeForce Experience (Version 2.4.5.28).
    I'm up and running on the 353.06 driver (without the 3D Vision drivers) and played 80 hours of Witcher III, I had 2 CTD's back with patch 1.02 when I first started playing the game, and had no CTD's ever since.
    Chrome doesn't crash either, I don't use any plugins.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  13. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Tips from here
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18675135

14. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    And I just got my first driver reset with only Chrome open. Weird. This is on a very fresh Windows 7 install, too. I wish I lived near the Bay Area and could have you guys take a look but we are talking like one crash per day so far, not something you're going to be able to reproduce except through normal usage.

Upped the polling rate on Afterburner and if I still crash again at some point I'll try not using it at all for a couple days. Thing is, it's a great utility. If the driver is conflicting with it, I'd prefer to just rollback to a different driver.

15. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Seems a lot of people have MSI afterburner in common with these issues, not saying all but just glancing across these forums. Personally, using a utility Zotac made called FireStorm, it's really light, low profile and hasn't seemed to conflict with any NV drivers including 352.86+ I do recall having issues in the past with some drivers and afterburner. Anyways I got tired of precision and afterburner and ended up with firestorm. It's simple but has enough and it's driver friendly up until what I've seen.

EDIT: of course afterburner has more bells and whistles don't get me wrong but worse case could always settle for something else as NV resolves whatever the conflict here is. Not sure if firestorm is manu specific but then again a simple flash can fix that.

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Now that crap about "it is Afterburner" is spreading across the forums. Ignoring the facts that the same TDRs are having place with EPX, ASUS GPU tweak, GPU-Z and naked systems with no tools running. :( "Thanks"a lot to those who actively assist build myths about "MSI AB is common with these issues".

17. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    You're welcome, that's my reply for a dumb post. I'm just voicing an opinion, in no point did I state "the fault is with afterburner" I merely voiced an opinion off of what I'm seeing in these forums. Need I explain myself ? No, but what the hell ... anyways why fret? NV will debug this and flesh it out. Eventually they'll have the sample size they need in the area they want and be able to tie down what exactly is going on. Don't act like I post without thinking or for no reason but ****s and giggles. "moderator" anyways. Don't take this personally I'm just a defensive kinda guy

18. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Well I tried the MSI Afterburner polling rate fix (6000) and so far no crash from 2 - 3am and no crash/driver has stopped responding from 8 till 10am. That's having multiple Chrome windows open, youtube etc

Will test it more today

19. Unwinder

If there is some problem inside the driver causing it to crash randomly when graphics card state is requested via NVAPI by tools like AB, EPX or GPUZ, then you're just minimizing chances of seeing it via increasing polling rate.

20. Unwinder

Post without thinking is exactly what I mean. Especially considering that you add comments like "I do recall having issues in the past with some drivers and afterburner".