Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    EA made it harder to refund as well.

Serves people right for pre-ordering all the time.

That said, i still hate EA with a passion :)

lucidus likes this.
  2. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Man, the campaign is just pure fast food, a 4 hour walk in the park, no substance nor gameplay mechanics whatsoever. And the end is, let´s say it´s not there.

3. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    @Monchis Just tried a lit bit of the campaign, thanks to origin access, and the only thing I see is massive graphics, story content or gameplay I didn't saw nothing special so far.
    The optimization in this game though it is excellent.
    I can average 45-60FPS with high settings 1080P with my specs, can you believe that?

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix Gaming
    [​IMG]

lucidus and XenthorX like this.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Finished the campaign on the hardest setting. I must be a minority but I actually enjoyed it a lot, expected it to be a lot worse. It's short, true (took me like 6-7 hours), but it's not boring for a bit. Good voice acting, nice cutscenes and visuals are fantastic. I especially enjoyed the fact that it had a lot of starfighter action, as I was horrible in beta at flying, now at least I got the chance to learn the ropes. I'll definitely play it again for the collectibles.

Now multiplayer, haven't touched it yet, but I liked it in beta, will probably still like it now. I don't mind grinding, but the lootboxes crap is really bad. At least they dropped the season pass, I will never buy a lootbox with real money, that's for sure...

sverek and Shataan like this.
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
    Since I'm only interested in the SP that's good to hear.
    I enjoyed the Force Unleashed games and even remember renting and enjoying the poorly received Phantom Menace game on the PS1 :)

Not that I plan to buy it anytime soon, if ever as will probably wait until it's on Origin Access. Maybe all this negativity will help get the price down or onto Access quicker.

EA is likely to end up losing money with this game, the license is probably a fortune.

7. Thelmet

Thelmet Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
    I'm a few hours into the campaign and it is the worst thing ive ever seen. I'm just beating my face against the wall trying to finish it for the rewards. I despise the new Iden Versio character. It is pure torture. I may have to huff paint to finish it.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 ACX2.0 4GB
    Just reminds me of people claiming Wolfenstein 2 or Mafia III were the worst games ever made... and blah, blah, blah.
    The campaign seems to be the one thing about this game people have been talking up. With some stating the story is a bit boring, but the campaign itself is fun.

9. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Of course I believe your performance, every console port should run like that on 7850/gtx660 level video cards. I had this last card and it used to run ports 50%-100% faster than ps4 first couple of years on console settings, they can´t anymore because lazy devs stop optmizing as soon as games get playable on their gtx1080, not because the hardware can´t handle console games.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    long are gone the days where we had great games from EA, desert strike, jungle strike, road rash, and nfs 2... long are gone the days of a good dev that i used to support.

HonoredShadow, chispy and lucidus like this.

11. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Kotor, original Battlefront 2, bf2142, F1 2002 moddable :(

HonoredShadow, chispy and ramthegamer like this.
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp
    reddit for the last 48hrs is nothing but "EA is Evil" memes

KissSh0t likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix Gaming
    [​IMG]

I have awesome paint skillz.

Solfaur likes this.
  14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For those interested, perf article has started.

Check out performance analysis here.

KissSh0t, AsiJu and DocStrangelove like this.
  15. ren008

ren008 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB SLI OC'd
    HFTS shadows murder performance and just seem to darken everything way too much... Bugged? Even PCSS isn't worth the hit imo vs bumping up the resolution scaling.

https://imgur.com/a/GErsR

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    PCSS filtering is demanding and HFTS which features shadow filtering at a much higher resolution would probably be too much in modern games without a very high-end GPU.
    The Division where this debuted even compromised by having night time revert to PCSS if I'm remembering that correctly, still seems to manage pretty good framerates in those images though but the drop in percentage is pretty high.
    (For a 120Hz screen neither would be fast enough to sustain 120+ frames per second at least for that level.)

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Well, since I'm still locked at 60 FPS I played with PCSS and haven't noticed any drops (card usage is very high though), so I can imagine that high frames with it enabled isn't doable.

Played some more of the multiplayer, I still like it, the gameplay that is. But the fact that in like 2-3 days there are people who have so many purple starcards (especially with starfighters) is bullshit. I don't mind the locked heroes, but the fact that some who either bought crystals or farmed points with starfighter exploit in galactic assault and have such a huge headstart ALREADY is messed up. To top it all off, I can barely last 30 seconds when I get in a starfighter myself... all in all, a very unfair system that ruined an otherwise good (or with good potential) game.

18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Yah, the loot cards have really wrecked the MP.

Instead of unbalancing the game via season pass, now they are doing it via loot cards :rolleyes:

I've also heard people on youtube saying that there will be paid DLC, EA are just going to wait a while before trying that on.

EA's greed has pretty much ruined this game tbh, I'm not even going to bother with the MP at this point. I just hope that they add to the arcade mode and hopefully they will add a bot match as well (although it took them 12 months to do that in BF1). I'm not sure why this is always omitted by DICE as the much decried CoD implements it in every single release without fail.

The SP, while good (well, mostly), was way too short and felt 'bolted on'.

Solfaur likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix Gaming
    It looks like the EA game dev that said he received death threats doesn't even work for EA.....

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Should’ve called the player base misogynistic. Nobody would’ve gone sniffing around :p