Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    yer OG Battlefront was a strictly third person game for me it gives you a clear view of the battlefield and with so much goin on you need to stay sharp the first person mode is like real limited its horrible and cuts out much of what is goin on in your view space. get used to third person its how the game was rly meant to be played. i took a break from the game but gonna install it later today

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Solfaur likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    While it's true that first person is a disavantage, it does feel great :3

I'm constantly switching camera (love their system btw), left/right/first person jump jump, fast 3rd person to peak, back to first person... !! hehe

Tried to make a similar system in ue4 last week:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Though I am kinda late to the game, I am digging this. The things I`m not really digging is piloting. Not a deal breaker by any means. Hard to control intuitively for me. And the forced 3rd person stuff. I would like to switch away from any 3rd person view when "I" choose. Otherwise the game is beautifully rendered and immersive as fox... sucking me into the SWs universe. Almost like I`m playing inside the movie tbh. They really did do SWs justice visually. But the forced 3rd person segments absolutely blow for me. I doubt I`ll bother completing this game because of that shiz. I don`t need or want to see any azzes of my characters. lol

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Had to dig to find this thread !

New patch is up, a brand new map, a new 'midclass-hero' Commando Trooper, a couple game modes in Coop added.

Played the new map and hero a bit if you wanna check it all out:

Video from Jackfrag

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Repo Man likes this.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Holy smokes that new map looks pimp! Need to give it a go. Funny how this game that everyone hated on so hard is getting almost more support than BF5.

XenthorX likes this.
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    It's getting WAY more support. To me it's funny that I played the heck out of it back when it was "bad", but now can't get back into it when it's super polished and an actually really good game. :p

BFV however still feels like it's in beta stage, almost 1 year after release.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yea I know what you mean, I played the crap out of it post-launch but I still go back every once in a while and still have a blast, especially on Takodana which is always nuts.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Same here, i was crunching it really hard when you actually had to earn everything via the random loot boxes because i sure as hell wouldn't give them RL money for anything.

Funny thing now that it's easier i don't feel like playing it. Maybe i would reinstall it if someone would play coop with me but then - next months i'll be kinda busy with GR Breakpoint. And early next year we'll have Cyberpunk2077. So next year is pretty much planned out as well. :D

Solfaur likes this.