1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    You know.. Testing stuff haha ! Was surprised by the latest update of DX12 for Battlefield 5, wanted to see if they added those upgrade to the engine to Battlefront 2 during last patch. Had a good experience with DX12 while testing it, might need to look closer into it.

Also the map looks a lot more 'hand made' than this desert map from battlefront 1 which looks like a straight topological import from actual world data. The whole "photogrammetry" approach feels tone down. I'd rather have maps with a good flow btw :eek:, but battlefront 1 maps were so realistic, loved it!

2. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Is that new map 64 players? Or are they still stuck with 32?

Battle of Geonosis isn't gonna cut it with just 16 on each side for me.

For a reference, canon info from the book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, that battle included 192,000 Clone Troopers, 212 Jedi; about 1 million Battle Droids (and about 3.96 million stored in reserve on board Lucrehulk-class Battleships). And a lot more beyond that. Obviously I'm not saying they should replicate that, lol. But just saying... if it's 32 players only... meh. I wanted their biggest maps to be 64 players from the beginning, even back in BF1; never happened. The irony is it's DICE, and they had a dynamic map size system for their Battlefield games at some point (I think it started in BF2 but I'm not 100% sure, maybe it was BF3 and beyond), where if not enough players are available / present on the moment the map loads (and if it's a big map) then the boundaries of the map are reduced to accommodate a smaller number of players.

Buuuuut... nope, never happened in BF1 nor BF2 (unless that update changed something about that).

Solfaur and XenthorX like this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Fair enogh :p i am personally not touching dx12 unless forced to do so.

Imo it just looks more sloppy made - i am always going to be disapointed with a graphics downgrade, no matter the reason. Especially when a sequel is a graphics downgrade compared to its predecessor. Still very disappointed with tomb raider in this regard aswell, especially as i consider textures the most important part of graphics :)

4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I have to say, Geonosis is pretty fking awesome.

DICE really turned this game around after the shady launch, great game.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti G1 GAMING OC
    Not bad for 5 bucks.

DX11 Runs better , About 4 or 5 FPS ,GF Experience eats a few fps when recording.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Appears that between latest updates, promo, and star wars trailer, game had its players base back to release month level over April.

Loaded up the game and played the new mode, pretty fun !

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    YES!!! this has been my go to evening session game for months now even befo the new CS mode was introduced so i am left wonderin what is the longest time you have spent on CS before a win or defeat??? i think mine is about two hours ten minutes and it so great. cant wait for them to go live with the new Kashyyyk map on 24th as i have already clocked 281 hours in multiplayer which is pretty insane i think about it but the game keeps imrpoving all the time

[​IMG]

oh yer the game is £3.74 on origin right now which is a price you cant ignore esp to try out the one true mode that is pleasing old school Battlefront fans so much go on buy it and may the force be with you

TekkMarine and XenthorX like this.
  8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Well, looks like I am going to have to reinstall this when I get home seeing how much its come along and the positive updates from you all. Nice!

*EDIT*

So installed it and played a few rounds. Seems the discount really helped! Servers were packed! I can see they did quite a few improvements which is welcoming to see.

DX12 running very well for me like BFV which is also good to see.

Still having a hard time getting kills though. Too used to other shooters, but I did have my moments which were very satisfying.

Will def be playing more of this and regular basis.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    XenthorX and Stone Gargoyle like this.
  9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Try to avoid ADS and just hip fire, I felt that helped me a lot when I first started playing since this is a slightly more arcadey shooter... and you know, lasers tend to travel in a straight line with very little bullet drop.

I booted this up the other night as well to check out the game again, hadn't played for quite a while and its still a blast to play and there's lots of people playing too.

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    The flying is another thing for me. I cannot fly in this game to save my life! They did a great job capturing the way the fighters flew in the movies, but its just so slippery for me. The force is clearly not with me :(

XenthorX and Stone Gargoyle like this.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can't log in at the moment to post my flight settings but basically if you turn all the sensitivities way down for most of the flight controls, it becomes a hell of a lot easier. Have a play with the settings and it should work out.

12. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    stayed up way too late watchin Shroud playing this last night to 37k viewers with lots of positiveness in chat of ppl saying they were gonna pick it up and they were surprised how fun it looked so good even the likes of whaddaweirdo and EA Star Wars were both in chat!!! oh and i had a game of Capital Supremcy go on for three hours i was mentally exhausted by the time i came off. damn.,

XenthorX likes this.
  13. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Incoming Transmission.

We're increasing the level cap for all units, up to 1,000. Upon hitting level 1,000, the level will say “MAX” in gold. Troopers, Heroes, Ships, everything!

[​IMG]

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    from.. level 35 to 1000? xD
    Battlefront 2 is a great game, love it. Became my go to game recently, after growing a bit tired of R6S

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  15. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Bought it for a few € in the winter and I come back to it every so often. For the money there is plenty of fun to be had. The capital supremacy mode kinda reminds me of titan mode from BF 2142, which is my most favorite mod ever. I just wish there were more maps.

XenthorX likes this.

16. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    theres a new CS map on Kamino coming on the 22nd and many more are planned

XenthorX likes this.
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Capital Supremacy is tons of fun, and indeed remind me vaguely of Titan mode from bf2142 (i didn't even play this battlefield, but titan mode was in the demo of the game back then)

18. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Haha ah yeah me too, still haven't unlocked the TL-50 yet, a hefty 400 kills!

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    and to make a good game all they had to do was make the worst game ever, so bad governments started talking about regulation LOL.

So now they had to give away the farm to bring players back.

Do not expect bf3 to be so generous less disney put a gun to EAs head.

but nice they turned it around good for the people that bought into it.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Jeez, Kamino on Capital supremacy, cannot wait !!!

Working on reaching level 35 on officer and sniper lately :oops: Barely reached 100h played