1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    You know.. Testing stuff haha ! Was surprised by the latest update of DX12 for Battlefield 5, wanted to see if they added those upgrade to the engine to Battlefront 2 during last patch. Had a good experience with DX12 while testing it, might need to look closer into it.

Also the map looks a lot more 'hand made' than this desert map from battlefront 1 which looks like a straight topological import from actual world data. The whole "photogrammetry" approach feels tone down. I'd rather have maps with a good flow btw :eek:, but battlefront 1 maps were so realistic, loved it!

2. Zenoth

Zenoth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Is that new map 64 players? Or are they still stuck with 32?

Battle of Geonosis isn't gonna cut it with just 16 on each side for me.

For a reference, canon info from the book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, that battle included 192,000 Clone Troopers, 212 Jedi; about 1 million Battle Droids (and about 3.96 million stored in reserve on board Lucrehulk-class Battleships). And a lot more beyond that. Obviously I'm not saying they should replicate that, lol. But just saying... if it's 32 players only... meh. I wanted their biggest maps to be 64 players from the beginning, even back in BF1; never happened. The irony is it's DICE, and they had a dynamic map size system for their Battlefield games at some point (I think it started in BF2 but I'm not 100% sure, maybe it was BF3 and beyond), where if not enough players are available / present on the moment the map loads (and if it's a big map) then the boundaries of the map are reduced to accommodate a smaller number of players.

Buuuuut... nope, never happened in BF1 nor BF2 (unless that update changed something about that).

Solfaur and XenthorX like this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Fair enogh :p i am personally not touching dx12 unless forced to do so.

Imo it just looks more sloppy made - i am always going to be disapointed with a graphics downgrade, no matter the reason. Especially when a sequel is a graphics downgrade compared to its predecessor. Still very disappointed with tomb raider in this regard aswell, especially as i consider textures the most important part of graphics :)

4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I have to say, Geonosis is pretty fking awesome.

DICE really turned this game around after the shady launch, great game.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti G1 GAMING OC
    Not bad for 5 bucks.

DX11 Runs better , About 4 or 5 FPS ,GF Experience eats a few fps when recording.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019