Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not at all saying it isn't happening but from the games I've played I can say I haven't really seen any hackers, could be different in other parts of the world as I play on EU servers. If there have been hackers in my games, they sure as crap haven't been using any hacks that improve their performance when I peek at the scoreboard for both sides. I've only experienced 1 round of Kashyyyk where this one guy kept sniping the crap out of me through what felt like almost the entire map and he always seemed to know where i was but having said that, he might just aswell been playing the game a bit too much and knew the spawn locations and knew where to be and when, which isn't exactly rocket science as long as you play a game ( or any game ) long enough.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The minute you started playing this game with the only solution to progress being starcrates you just had to realize it doesnt matter how often you get destroyed, its just about going for the next kill.

It can't matter to you if you got owned for the 10000000000th time if you got another kill first. You just gotta stop giving a f**k if you want to play in MP.

I only rage-quit to another session when i see the 2 sides are so out of balance that the matches only last 3 minutes. You hardly get credits for those so its in your best interest to search for sessions where both parties last long enough to earn 300+ credits per round.

If it wasnt for the classic trilogy atmosphere goosebumps i get i would've left this game alone weeks ago. But esp starbattles are so awesome.

3. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Hm I wonder if anyone here is interested in teaming up for heroes vs villains. Too many players solo running themselves to death and not sticking together for victory.
    I've even come across people running around in a circle for the whole match, ie. AFK XP earners :mad:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    allright, bought the game !

5. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    1999 - XWing Alliance: Single player focus, full joystick support, in-depth control system, full-fat offline skirmish mode, crappy graphics
    2017 - Battlefront: MP focus, xbox controller support (f-you joystick users), shallow control system, no offline skirmish mode, pretty graphics

fml

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I'm puzzled as to why this game, as the first game in ages based on the frostbite engine, provides such appalling sli scaling... battlefront 2015 gave me 97-98% sli scaling, while this game is giving me roughly 40% sli scaling...

I still think it might have to do with the forced TAA (which is known to kill performance for multi gpu), which is just plain stupid... in the beta you had the option to choose AA off, fxaa, or taa... for the final game they removed those options, and now you're stuck with taa low or high -_-

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I thought this was a very well made and informed video.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    So accurate.

This was purely a money grab attempt.

Where's our remaster of the original Battlefronts

Whiplashwang likes this.
  9. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    I agree. All I want is Battlefront 2 (2005) with the graphics and sound of Battlefront 2 (2017). Everything else should stay the same. I don't get why Dice can't just give us what we f*cking want! I have no hope for Battlefront 3 either because everything EA touches burns in hell.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    You answered the your own question.

EA is why dice doesn't give us what we want.

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070ti
    I got this stuttering issue that many have reported with AMD and the game. Tried a few fixes that were reported to work.

Here is the crazy thing, sometimes I have these stutters and sometimes I don't.

Anyone know whats going on? Thanks.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Could it be in relation to the memory on the 970?

What happens if you lower the texture quality? does it still stutter?

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I'll wait and buy this game for dirt cheap with all of the content that should have been in the game in the first place. I would love for Bethesda to get the license and have Machine games, the makers of the last 2 wolfenstein games make battlefront 3. I can guarantee you, it would be incredible! It would actually have a story.

I'm so sick of watching these movie and game makers just insult our intelligence and milk the public of their money, so the exec's can pad their golden parachute.. Transformers,Star Wars Ect.. Just terrible movies. Having said that, Rogue one is one of the best Star Wars movies ever made.. That's how the new trilogy should have been made. They should have left the originals cast out of it and used Grand Admiral Thrawn as the Bad guy, and had a Sith he controlled.

They should let Marvel make the Star Wars movies, they would actually be good.

14. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070ti
    At current I have a rx570 8gb gpu with the latest Adrenalin driver. With the 970 I would hit that 3.5 gb vram issue.

From what I have read some say its amd drivers shaders. Some say its windows and some say its the game.

What I start a match it stutters for 20 to 60 seconds then usually smooths out. I have monitored my pc hardware when playing. These are some of the results.
    cpu load 100%
    gpu load 100%
    system ram around 5.5 to 6 gb
    temp are all good.

I play many different games. Everything from low end games to very high end game and don't have any of these issue I have with swgf2.

15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    As predicted Electronic Garbage is reintroducing Loot Crates

I have no doubt this is going to go down really well.

16. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Angry Joe called it. He knew this would happen. Who ever is making these decisions should be fired right now! Board members... Well, we can't get away with charging them $69, so lets find a sneaky way to do it.

I would love to see their bottom line on some of these games. I bet we would all be pissed if we did..

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Game is dead by now anyways right?

So it doesn't matter what they do now.

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Actually it isn't - i quite enjoy the multiplayer.

Sadly there is one game breaking bug atm... when you have completed an achievement, thus unlocked a weapon or upgrade, you have to claim it, but this bug makes you unable to claim it... aka you can make zero progress as it stands right now, which is honestly quite frustrating.

19. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    Man I wish I could sell some of these origin games...BF1, SWBF2...recoup some of that wasted money....

mbk1969 and AsiJu like this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Sorry... but about every Youtuber out there called.
    Angry Joe did nothing special other then stating the painfully obvious. There was no way in hell EA was going to roll over on this.

Sorry, I dislike Angry Joe and find people give him way too much credit.

But this... yeah, when EA turned them off I remember youtube being flooded with videos from dozens (if not hundreds) of content creators questioning how long until EA turned them back on.
    Hell, I remember Dragon Ball video creators making comments about it.