Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I dont think so. The whole map design alone is awful, how you gonna change that? For many people the game is already dead of the controverse. I dont think its a great game at all, sure its Star Wars and i love it but the game is just a casual cash grab machine.
    Recent interview with Bach is also funny. https://www.polygon.com/2015/4/17/8444367/star-wars-battlefront-playable-women-stormtroopers

You noticed that hipfire in 3rd person over distance is totally op? I dont think thats suppose to be. But then...the game has made so many bad design choices...

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    They don't make games like they used to. Sigh..

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Repo man, Angry Joe went off on MT,DLC and loot crates on every game. Regarding MT's.. He was worried they would bring it back into the game after Christmas, he applauded them for being gone. Its almost like some of the guys on this site don't have a funny bone. Most of the time Angry Joe is funny. He does a great job presenting and he breaks down the game well. He gives you a real review. Most of the time he nails exactly the problems of a game I'm worried about before I bought it, which makes it an easy decision for me.

If other people don't like him, that's cool. When he starts with you done F'd it up on some games, I think its funny. At least you know which way the game is going. Some of these guys are so blinded by their love for an IP like COD, they don't even listen to someone when they start digging into the problems the game had..

For instance, he was playing Destiny 2 and he could walk right past the bad guys without getting killed. Or in COD WW2, same thing.. They wouldn't even shoot at him. That's the kind of stuff he find outs so you don't have to. The guy does his homework. ACG(Angry Centaur gaming) is pretty good also.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I have high respect for SkillUp's videos. That guy really knows how to investigate topics and explain them carefully in a way everyone gets it. HIGHLY recommended you watch this.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-microtransactions-in-star-wars-battlefront-2

Not that I am even the least bit surprised as anyone with even a semi functioning brain knew that they were not going to give up that easily.

All these people know how to do is come up with nefarious and unscrupulous ways to relieve people of their hard earned money.

Every AAA game (and many that don't bear that irksome moniker) are rife with DLC, more DLC, micro transactions, season passes and then the inevitable season 2, 3 or 4 passes to make sure that you are always paying more and more and more and more and more for a game that should have cost you $60.00.

And these people are so bloody greedy that even after being forced to remove the loot crates, they are already scheming about how to put them back in despite the fact that no matter what their fakakta metrics say, people don't like them and people don't want them.

I've gone back to playing SWG :D

And just for fun, here's some more a$$hattery from that Jorgensen fu*kwit:

https://www.dualshockers.com/visceral-games-closed-linear-games/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That was very very interesting and informative... possibly the most informed video I have seen regarding gambling in video games and EA's attitude towards it's player base in general.

Honestly after watching that I can say I will no longer be purchasing video games published by EA, I am done... no more.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yup, i actually was a bit angry after that video. So much greed it's painful to watch. I really wish this comes crashing down hard on EA.

lucidus likes this.
  9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Bahahahahaha :p

This just gets better and better and better.

Go play in traffic EA :rolleyes:

lucidus and DocStrangelove like this.
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think he has some valid points but it's also very tiring to listen to someone shouting for the majority of a video (and they are really long, like 30-40 min). I simply get psychically tired after some 15mins which is why I prefer the few videos where he talks more than shouts.

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Over 100k already lol, 150k will be hit quite easily i imagine. I wonder how high it will climb to?

I can imagine something happening though, not because of this specifically but all this bad press is hardly ideal for the IP.

Activision are the only ones I think who would be next in line, I can't think of any other publisher that could afford it. Even Ubisoft don't strike me as big spenders, in comparison to EA/Activ anyway.

Sony or MS maybe, console exclusive would be huge, but can't see Disney going for such a thing.

Saying that, maybe Disney and EA are still making a fortune from the game, as this is helping to hype the game even more and the casuals who don't care about certain stuff are still spending lots of money.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    To be honest I wouldn't see any improvement if Activision/Blizzard took over for EA, they're basically the same and I personally dislike them even more. I doubt it will happen though, but we'll see, the exposure was big enough for Lucasfilm to at least contemplate the idea.

As for the state of the game, now with payed lootboxes removed the game became a huge, and I mean HUGE grindfest. So I definitely wouldn't say it's anywhere near "casual", on the contrary lol, that is if you want to somewhat progress your soldiers/vehicles. :rolleyes:

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    True, but Star Was is such a large cash cow that it has to be a publisher who is going to pay a lot for the license and someone who can guarantee to make as much money as possible from the game.

Nah, I don't imagine casual gamers have the free time for that. Never really thought about that as it a side of gaming I have never indulged in.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    What's bad about Blizzard if i may ask?

None of their games have Pay 2 Win.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Ruining my favorite game, WoW, after WOTLK (around the time they merged/partnered with Kotickvison). But at least now there's finally a chance of redemption if they do Classic right.

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
  18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    An easy task to earn extra cash and do the arcade career chores is to setup a custom arcade session with 500 enemies, double player power, one-shot enemies and fast timeout on skills. You can easily finish 4 or more arcade challenges in one go while getting 125 Cr per match.

Solfaur likes this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
  20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Just finished the Resurrection campaign, it was alright. Nothing "amazing", nothing too bad either; passable. That is, in terms of story. Because the actual campaign missions and gameplay mechanics involved is... another story indeed (I.E. not that good). Still, it's appreciated that they even bother to continue the campaign. Maybe they planned that "Campaign DLC" from the start and only had to wait closer to the movie's release to put it in the game; could make sense since... well, I'll let you guys play it, you might then make some connections (at least with Force Awakens).

What I find interesting is that the Campaign's GUI has been updated and shows two 'columns', one with the first campaign, and a new one for Resurrection. However, there's definitely a clear empty column "spot", even two, for possible future campaign addons. I do think that they'll continue and won't just wait for BF3 to resume it. The thing is that they never said anything to start with originally about "continuing" the campaign in the future. That sort of revelation is very new. So at this point we can only assume but due to the way the campaign's GUI looks like I'd say yeah it's almost guaranteed.

Anyway, overall, if I had to score the campaign (so far) with Resurrection included I'd give it a 6/10. It's ok, I've seen way worse story telling, but as far as Star Wars goes and when it comes to "Playing from the point of view of the Empire" as it was originally advertised then that's where it has to lose points (and that's not even subjective; we do NOT see much from the point of view of the Empire; even less from the First Order's).