Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    That Error 327 is starting to get on my nerves to be honest. It doesn't always happen, but now it happens during gameplay in a match and kicks me out of a game back to the main menu. At first, that error seemed to only occur as I was trying to load a map, but if it keeps happening during actual gameplay I'll have to stop playing multiplayer until they fix it. It doesn't happen in Arcade so far, so there's that.

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Probably something related to cheat detection or server/client handshake. Firewall on PC side might be blocking packets or something like that.
    Try verify game cache if there suck option for origin platform

3. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I forwarded the proper ports for UDP and TCP from official support and it didn't do anything yet. I'm only using Windows 10 Defender and the integrated firewall so it narrows it down to Windows Firewall for me. Still, forwarding ports was about the only thing I could possibly do on my side. It's been done, it didn't help. I haven't seen any other 'working solutions' around. The ones I read where people had success getting rid of the error was to forward specific ports which is what I did, but it didn't help for me.

I've been through every pages of a couple of threads on the subject including two from the official support site:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Error-327/td-p/6413877
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...ers-Have-done-various-t-shooting/td-p/6452622

It seems like it's a very common error for a lot of people. Some say that the error can't possibly even be client-side related (I wouldn't know if it was the case, but some say there's nothing we can do about it and only DICE can). Anyway, it's frustrating when it happens during a match. I can deal with it in the main menu or as I load a map since I don't "lose" anything when that happens and I just restart the game and it usually works after that for some time. But when you get kicked out of a game that's a completely different story.

4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I don't think the game is dying at all, I still keep finding games for Galactic Assault and Strike in 5 seconds or less consistently at different times of the day and had no issues with the other modes either but I don't play them all that much. Having said that, on a few occasions its happened to me as well where I end up on a practically empty game with maybe 3 other people and anyone else connecting to that game seems to disapear as soon as they get in. I think it could be a bug of some sort in the matchmaker. If I leave and wait a moment it usually puts me into a fresh game full of players and I seem to recall this issue being in Battlefield 1 too.

The lag was almost totally gone last night and it felt great to play again. Even Kashyyk was playing fine so maybe they restarted some servers or implemented a server side hotfix of some sort. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a patch this week that will hopefully tune the credit gains and fix some issues like Error 327. Speaking of wich...

When I loaded up the game the very first time and played my first round I got the error between rounds and got kicked out and the game wouldnt let me back in, it just kept throwing the error in my face whenever the countdown to join a game finished. I had to restart the game and that fixed it, since then I only get the error when I go back to the main menu but it never happens during a round. Perhaps try going into the EA Account settings in Options and disable "Share Useage Data" if you haven't yet. Bit of a longshot but might work.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is it me or is this game just a wee-bit boring?

I mean it shouldn't be because it's Star Wars and it does look fantastic but as far gameplay goes it feels generic and tired. Having been playing Destiny 2 over the weekend, I can't help but wish that Bungie had made or been involved in this game because the combat in that game is just exquisite IMO.

Turanis likes this.
  6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Angry Joe doesn't think its exquisite.. It looks repetitious.. I'm talking about Destiny 2. I'm scared to buy Battlefront 2.. They need to make a 20 hr single player campaign, this 5 hour crap is a joke!

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Beginning to get tired of the MP tbh. Even with blue cards in the slots ppl just seem to own you easily. So i'm either crap or it's full of cheaters.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    In the case of starfighters I agree (hence why I farmed starfighters lootboxes and got almost all, except bombers slotted with blue cards), for infantry though, it's mostly cooldown reduction, so for the most part you are not on a that big disadvantage, even against purple decked out players.

I made an experiment today, on Kashyyyk, played one round came out MVP with ~80K points ( yet only got 30K since it's capped) and 415 credits (another cap) at the end. Next round, I literally AFKed all of it (same map right), got last place on the scoreboard yet at the end got 380 credits!!! And they are surprised that people use rubber bands and farm credits like that! :oops:

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And thank god Angry Joe isn't the voice for gamers.
    Can not stand that guy.

10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    You kidding me? Thank god he does legit reviews! Saved me a lot of money and frustration..

FOG>Daheee and Monchis like this.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    +1

12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Please explain why you don't like him?

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Why everything needs to be explained!? Its how hes presenting himself, i dont like it, hes unsympathetic. Theres more but Issnt this enough? Sigh..

And why didnt you ask Damien_Azreal?

And btw. im not in the age that i need or want to watch reviews from some random guy. Guess what, i also dont watch letsplay's or even like them. Also i dont like angry people!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Solfaur likes this.
  14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Unsympathetic? WTF? He tells it like it is. Some random guy? really? LOL. Your age? What,like 25?

15. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    What's your problem with Angry Joe? Are you just another hater? And give me a better answer than ShadowDuke, his was a giant fail..

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Whats your problem!? You dont accept other opinions? Sorry, but i stop talking to you its not worth it. Unbelievable..

Dont bother answering im ignoring you and dont see your posts...

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah, not many legit reviews left, I liked it when he called it a fisher price game :D .10 year old focused game it is, which makes me wonder because they donĀ“t give a flying about star wars usually.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, for starters... he's annoying.
    An overgrown man-child screaming like a spoiled toddler. His reviews are done for views, for the spectacle and show.... not for the game.

Secondly, I don't find his reviews informative. They are not detailed and insightful about the game. Yelling "You done f***ed up!" says more about him then it does the game.
    It ties back into my first complaint, but he would rather put on a show instead of trying to really get across an honest explanation of why said game isn't worth while.

Sorry, but I long since outgrew the need to a caricature personality to entertain me.
    I would rather have a detailed, informative, mature review. One that clearly explains it's likes and dislikes. One that feels like it was written for adults. A slightly drunk infant flailing about, screaming and cussing just cause... is not entertaining or helpful.

And, if that makes me a "hater"... so be it. But I don't care.
    Me disliking a youtube personality that you like... means nothing in the end. Watch him all you want, just don't be so defensive to learn that others don't feel the same way.
    And, to throw it out there... I hate TotalBiscuit as well. Again, horribly overrated, to full of himself... just annoying to listen to him to prattle on because he feels his words are the end all final word for PC gamers.

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I also do not like angry joe. Guess I am a hater in your category. People have different opinions. You can either accept them or not.

I like rugby, maybe you don't? Do I see you as a hater, ? No.

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Slightly OT but I quite used to like AJ's reviews ( still do ) simply because of the character he is but since hes started to try and cram his film reviews into the channel and then basically throwing a mini tantrum when his viewers said they aren't interested in them, has put me off a bit. Imo, he should have done the film reviews on a separate channel. The other issue I have is him using more and more of his mates in the reviews, people who don't have the sort of experience he has and they often come out pretty cringy. Fair play its his channel and I don't have to watch his stuff but thought I'd voice some of my thoughts on that nontheless.

Now as for his review of the game, I found it somewhat misinformed and it felt like hes jumped on the hating bandwagon with everyone else just because its cool at the moment. His complaint about lightsaber combat being just button mashing is valid but he doesn't really offer any suggestions for a better alternative aside for briefly mentioning the Jedi Knight series, a series which I'm very familiar with since Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and as much as I loved that game and Jedi Academy, I definately wouldn't want to see their lightsaber combat in battlefront which 80% of the time is about using blasters and playing as infantry.

He also mentioned the lack of customization and again its a valid complaint to a degree. I love customizing my characters in online games because its fun to play dress-up and look "kewl" but in a game like this its ultimately a bit pointless as most things like a few patterns on the armor or some decals will be completely missed in the heat of the battle and taking customization too far could potentially make it difficult to make out who is the enemy and who is the good guy. Now having said that, customization is on its way as detailed in this thread https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/86079/megathread-customization-is-definitely-coming/p1
    Not really Joe's fault, as this was only discovered a day or 2 ago.

When he still complained about MT's even after they had been disabled and hero costs dramatically reduced, I just felt like switching the review off. Why complain about it if you've already scored your victory against the big goliath that is EA ? The MT's were removed, weapon unlocks were made so that they can only be unlocked through good old fashioned gameplay. His complaint about the progression system and the credit and xp rewards is totally valid but I'm confident this will be adjusted since as those of us who actually play the game have seen, giving everyone roughly the same amount of credits as a reward regardless of performance will result in credit farmers or botters who just idle in the game. This has been an ongoing issue in World of Warcrafts PVP since forever btw.

The single player length was one of his big gripes too but again, new content is on its way in a few weeks time and afaik this was known at the time but he didn't bother mentioning it ( from what I recall ). Ofcourse what the quality of that content is remains to be seen but its more content regardless. I get that Joe reviews his games as they are out of the box and in a way thats good but at the same time with big online titles, they kinda tend to evolve a fair bit in the months after launch so perhaps he should re-consider his approach and to be fair he has in the past said in other reviews that the game gets score "X" because of the way it is now but if certain things are improved, then the score would bump up to "Y"... but battlefront 2 doesn't ofcourse deserve the benefit of the doubt since its cool to hate on it.

In all of this mess, what infuriates me is that other games released at a similar time are given a pass for similar questionable practices. You got your annual CoD release which lets you buy loot crates with real money and as a cherry on top there will be paid DLC packs that will simply splinter the playerbase between owners and non-owners. We got Destiny 2 with more microtransactions and no one seems to target the hate at those games to name a few, Battlefront 2 is being singled out for some reason even after the real money transactions have been disabled while other, in my opinion equally or far worse offenders get to fly under the radar.

As it stands Battlefront 2 is a great game with some flaws that I'm sure will be ironed out in upcoming patches within the next month. Just a shame that what started out as valid concerns about the games initial practices snowballed into a childish hate campaign but then again, thats internet for you.