Battlefield Vietnam!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by maleficarus™, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i installed play CSS with u but u dont want it..shame..and i will install L4D again for u guys :)

infact best solution is, u guys need to play WoW with me! no lagging, no stuttering, no loading times, no capture the flags, pure JOY :nerd:

ok now seriously topic owner will be pissed off...and he is right!!!

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i will invite you to CSS some time!! im afraid you will hate it :biggun:

3. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    I dont understand why the 'a' flag in the hill map is at teh bottom of the vc hill in front of the trenches , surely it would be more realistic for this flag to be at the top of the hill which would force some nice fights in the trenches up the hill to take the last flag...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  4. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    You kinda stated the problem yourself... Too many recon players are more interested in points than in helping the team or their squad. One of my biggest peeves is the recon player that's near an enemy flag, but outside its radius. His teamates, or even worse, his squadmates, come along to try and cap that flag. That recon player should be trying to help cover the back of that squadmate so that the flag can be capped: trying to snipe enemies that show up trying to defend that flag. But no, what usually happens is the recon player totally ignores what's going on right in front of him because he's more interested in killing the enemy at some flag far in the 12X distance because it's just easy/marksman points for him. :biggun:

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i agree with this! give backup to your team!

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i cant remember now, in whoch game was that, it was LIMITING the number of specific classes like RECON..what was it? hmm..wish they use it in these games..but like SERVER setting..so just adminds will ON or OFF it.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i would love to see a rifle only server in this game. :thumbup:

8. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    The loadout limiter was annoying. It would just kill you and force you to take a guess at what you would be allowed to have until you could spawn again. I joined a server with it once, got killed like ten times in a row trying to figure out what I was allowed to have and then left.

Albeit, that was a poorly setup limiter, with limits on all weapons, not just the annoying ones like sniper rifles and CGs.

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Just ordered Vietnam....

Hopefully i get the Key fast ;)
    Wanna play it so bad casue all my friends are playing Vietnam and i cant jion theyr servers without the KEY löl..

Add me if u want ;)

--> .::ViruS::.

Greetz Beta

10. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Great DLC if you ask me, didnt rate BC2 online much didnt like how open everything seemed all the time. Love the dense fighting areas much more enjoyable imo.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  12. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    The US wins 9/10 rounds at Cao Son Temple.

Maps like Vantage Point make Heavy Metal seem like the greatest map ever.

No one knows how to play Hill 137, all they do is mob the flags and wonder why they all die.

Phu Bai Valley is the only map with vehicles. Over 2 hours of era music my ass.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    wonder how long it's gunna take to get Operation Hastings ... shouldnt take too long huh.

14. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Guys anyone know why i get no music in tanks ?

I know its minor but its annoying me when somethign doesn't work properly !!!

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Does anyone know how to rip the music ? there is a streaming_sounds-00.fbrb file, but compression is unknown to my system :(

16. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    US vehicles music work, no NVA ones do however.

17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I'm liking it so far. It definitely feels almost like a different game. The maps could be a little better though.

18. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Im loving it it runs so much better than regular BFBC2 my frame rates are way up it runs great and smooth. Ive had no issues other than there where no options for the weapons for a hour or so and they came back.

19. TakeDollaforLOL

TakeDollaforLOL Banned

GPU:
    8600mGT 256mb
    is it true its just essentially same game on new maps, so not even vietnam era style weapons?

i dont think i like BC2 so much (bf2 ftw) but i play cos i get it soon anyways

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The weapons are specific to the time period but will feel familiar with a few new additions but overall there's fewer of them, outside of the flamethrower it's still part of the character archetype equipment and everything is unlocked minus specific "perks" unlocked by increasing your rank and the shotgun which needs Veterancy status.
    (Two Battlefield franchise titles registered to your account.)