Battlefield Vietnam!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by maleficarus™, Dec 18, 2010.

1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Meh, too many people want to sit in the "out of bounds uncap" and snipe. A few of the maps are also nade crazy.

It's OK if people want to snipe, just do it properly and not like a uncap campin' fag. Be an asset to your team. Same goes for all other roles, really. Like I said before, some people gotta attack and cap, some people have to sit back and watch their ass. Then the attackers fall back and you wait for the enemy to come to you.

NO ONE GETS THIS SIMPLE TACTIC. They see me defending the cappers and they figure "Herp, sitting on a hill gets you easy kills!". Nope, I'm tryin' to save people. Then the hill gets over crowded and everything falls to crap.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    thatst he thing i dont like, and the post u previously replied to me.. game is not broken, gamers r breaking it somehow...but indeed game structure lets it to happen..well myself dont have a solution for it. i cant say: if devs did this , would be better"...i dont have an idea..just in BC2 somehow while u playing the battle goes on well, but in vietnam players ruing the game..

but let me stop posting in this topic, someone may get SAD and CRY :wanker:

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    this is why i hate the majority of todays multiplayer games. its just run and gun. people cant bear if they die to quickly and have no respawn. tactical play ? nope, not in todays games.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I dont get it. If a hill is full of snipers why not just call artillery on them?

Too late.

Ok serious, plz keep on posting. We all want to know the truth about games, even if it hurts.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hehe, infact whitelightning is right interms of general player mood...in Vietnam, i forgot the maps name, the A and C is the main bases and B is in a HILL..who ever captures the B from that point battles outcome is certain..the team who has the B wins.. and PLAYERS defines this...i saw too many rambos just sit or mindlessly run or just snipes...nobody gave effort to go and capture the A for an example. me and my squad(which r already my friends), 4 people tried it but rest of the team is sht, so they wont be helpful, but in BC2 its a bit balanced interms of a squad can make difference.

Thats all personal likes and dislikes...if u like MP FPS its a good game..if u like BC2 , this is a good game..

but must put this here

[​IMG]

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i love your new sig :)

7. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    u need to play more. ive been in some games where the team i played on captured A and B, defend B, suddenly lose A while enemy has both C & A. not all the time which team captured 2 flags win everytime. gameplay can change, depends on each member of the team.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i think my bad luck was playing with rambo gamers...like happened in Uncharted 2? first impression ruins rest of it?

lol...i want TEAM WORK..can u be my TEAM Sk8?

9. sk8zophrenia

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i was on your team with another guru, Kogaion. i forgot his forum name.
    then u started complaining and u quit to play WoW. ;) that was your first few rounds.
    we need to play more. i can say i do really good in bc2v compare to bc2, idk why it feels more natural. maybe im used to jungle environment :p

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    if you want team work, you should stay near eachother, not go running about every corner of the map. let alone, alt-tabbing to WOW.

>> insert your previous posted banner here <<

11. sk8zophrenia

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    yea this was yesterday :D when playing ffa in BO

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    If you want teamwork you bought the wrong game.

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead is where it's at. And any pc running BC2 smoothly can run ArmA2 nowadays if thats what you're unsure about.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

indeed how rude, getting the highest score each round + playing wow at the same time. + being on the phone, and playing psp i guess.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    if there was only a WW2 variant of it. :) would make it much much better for me.

15. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Vantage Point (the map with the rice paddies up to the top of the hill, dead cow near B flag) is a mongrel.

There's only a couple of ways I've found for a single player to make an impact on the enemy dominating the hill and that is either sneak around the side and take the rear flag to distract the team, or just tank it and go close infantry support. That map is brutal.

Another map I have troubles with is the temple. The US has an infantry side advantage on that map I feel. Although, a few guys can jump in the PBR and give the US a walloping.

The map I have a great, fun time on every time is Phu Bai Valley, the map with the two Huey choppers. You can tank it, you can chopper it or you can go infantry and cut through the bushes and make trouble at the other flags.

Hill 137 is a weird map, the map where A flag is burned to a crisp. The US can cut through the mountain and run from C to A through a one way tunnel, and the NVA can cap A and push to B while covering from the rocks above. This is the map where I say part of team needs to cover and part needs to attack.

At the moment I'm hoping someone will Get Smart and host a 24/7 Phu Bai. :p

16. johnny87au

johnny87au Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 480's / Wc'd ek
    green beret perhaps?? :wanker:

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

People are just jealous of good recon players, they like to accuse us that we are just campers. It is by far the class that makes the most points when played like it should.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  18. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Heh. I was born in '64. Why, in my day, I remember playing with the radio in Battlefield Vietnam (the BF1942-based game). :flip2:

In that game, I remember the music was a lot louder, very much like in Kelly's Hero's. To the point that only idiots left the radio on when they hopped into a vehicle, otherwise the enemy listened for it to know when you're coming at them and from what direction.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    To ur face :biggun:

Wow cant run with BC2 while running..sorry man :D..BO can do that :)..ur memory serves u wrong :D

Besides, lets play tonight and see whats going on..

@ inklimited, yes thats the map iam talking about...

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    ah time for a 2nd pc i see hehehhe :D
    yes lets play again man..
    i also played l4d with sk8 and my friend yesterday, was pretty fun imho.