Battlefield V Returns Towards World War II theme - no premium passes or DLCs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2018.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Although BF1 might have sold pretty well the game was a disaster for me. No wonder they are not doing PP and paid DLCs anymore since they pissed the player base off with their free DLC's for everyone but paying customers.

I'm done with the BF series until MAYBE BFBC3 comes out.

-Tj- and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    I wish there would be a new Battlefield like this. I suffer from 'too many choices' syndrome. :D Too many weapons and attachments. Don't care about the leveling either. Too much work to unlock those weapons with personal objectives that in most cases don't help the team to win the match. I want it to be simple but with teamwork and tactics. And gore. We need gore. Although I do laugh when I see someone flying from an explosion.

Do you play RS2: Vietnam?

3. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Yeah, my grandpa told me a lot about female snipers o_O

HandR and Solfaur like this.
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well there were female snipers during WW2 but idk if they were cyborgs.

5. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    They said no premium or DLC but they never said anything about no subscription model. I will watch cautiously from a distance.

6. Timothy D Smith

Timothy D Smith Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 1080ti
    "She... SHE!!!... How DARE you assume zer's gender!" Lol. Hilarious.

Solfaur likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    If you talk trash about men, natural sex from birth, straight people, Christians or patriots you are legal and loved by communities, countries and forums. You are an agonist and an educated rebel.

If you love LGBTQI+, Jewish, Feminism, Woman's superiority to the level of enslaving man, Atheism, Satanism etc, you are the beloved man of the new world order they build. Welcome new age. Welcome history re-written.

If someone is of old order, respects history, he is conservative and loves all the above in the first sentence, he is hated, he is banned, he does not deserve to talk the democracy itself bans his freedom to live like his ancestors. FU system with your open-minded fools.

Netflix, series, movies, games, everything fakes history and data. Battlefield became victim. Nazis never existed neither swastika.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    This is some next level hyperbolization.

The bottom line is women served in WW2 in multiple different areas - from snipers like the one I linked above in the Russian army, to the Night Witches air force unit, spies like Nancy Wake, or Wanda Gerts who commanded an all-female battalion. EA choosing to represent these women with a single character is a sign of respect to the women who served, not an SJW history-rewritten renaissance. The fact that I've read dozens of comments that claim no women served in WW2 is basically proof of how ignorant people are. I also find it amusing how angry people are getting over it - who were the snowflakes again?

9. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Maybe a bunch in Russia, and not taller than males. They were in the resistance, never read about female snipers on the front.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Ignoring the fact that I can't even find a shot of them all standing on the same level to verify the accuracy of your implication, who cares? Why do I care if she's taller than the men? Why do I care if female snipers didn't fight on the front? It's not real. The battlefield games are full of historical inaccuracy.. I won the Battle of the Budge as Germany in BF1942, 10 years ago. Last time I checked history wasn't rewritten, no university books got an 11th edition, updated in order to reflect the new historical findings presented by Electronic Arts.

It's a video game. Women fought in the war, in the resistance and at home to support troops.. maybe there wasn't a female sniper on the front, I don't know.. but why can't I or anyone else play a woman sniper on the front? Why is that so terrible? Nazi's who gassed millions of innocent people can win a battle they lost in real life, for the sake of gameplay, but god forbid they add a female frontline sniper to represent the larger backing of women in the military and help the inclusiveness of female gamers. Can't have that.. too unrealistic and the payoff totally not worth it.. /s

yasamoka, gdallsk and fantaskarsef like this.

11. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    So why not laser guns? That female character is good for mad max or wolfenstein, not for Bf.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    The answer is simple... the nazi's could just as easily have won, so it still feels authentic when they win, even if they didn't IRL... women were generally not a part of the army in that way IRL, even if there were a few exceptions (just as black men weren't fighting for the german army in europe during ww1... yey for political correctness... not), thus is feels unauthentic for ea to portray women as leading the frontline...

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    I guess we can ignore the 7500 in the Indian reserves, the British Anti Aircraft gunners, and thousands of resistance fighters in most occupied countries. You've been shown that the Soviet Union had hundreds of thousands of women in combat roles so I want you to tell me EXACTLY what has to be shown before you accept that there could be a picture with a woman soldier in it in a combat role. Because as far as I'm concerned, you have to be completely stupid to still be droning on about how women weren't in the military and political correctness while you're being shown that, at a minimum, hundreds of thousands of women served in combat roles.

I know, you probably get really tired of people calling you sexist, or racist, but you have to understand why people keep doing it to you. It's because you insist on continuing to spout bullshit as you're consistently proven wrong, but continue to push through on the back of sheer blind ignorance.

14. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    Not this talk in here too... Really?

Its Dice/EA:s unique take on WW2, so no its not about full realistic or authentic in history way.

Proof @ 20:40:

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    They could have just presented it as alternate history "aka" using artistic license to make something roughly based on World War Two and there wouldn't be any issue with what was shown.

With that said the reveal trailer was terrible, and not for the reasons relating to the disabled British woman fighting on the front lines.

Dragam1337 and Solfaur like this.

16. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    No, just -- no.

17. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Master Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT Red Devil
    Guru3d forums confirmed as an incel nest.

yasamoka and DesGaizu like this.
  18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    This... it's a game... and with complaining about a woman in this game, it's like... the other side of the SJW coin. And I'm fed up with it somewhat, it's all about that female character and her arm / hand prothesis, not the gameplay mechanics at all, or what the new game modes might do etc. It's not about the game but about it's visual design and how people interpret them. SJW-dom at it's best.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I tried looking up what that means and from what I can tell it's something to do with someone feeling as if the world owes them sex?

gdallsk and Solfaur like this.
  20. This is how trailers use to be made! Now you can't tell me that the BF:V trailer is more exciting then the BF3 trailer. In the BF3 trailer you saw gameplay footage of everything, vehicles and all. On the subject of women in video games pushing a narrative, we'll you'll love this story. In my country the local council is going to change the pedestrian crossing symbol to a "women"..to be more gender equal. This is not a joke....https://au.news.yahoo.com/council-changing-pedestrian-crossing-symbols-female-211125438.html