Battlefield V: new trailer and Betas at Gamescom

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    EA and DICE will be showing a beta version of Battlefield V for the first time at Gamescom next week, producer David Sirland has shared via Twitter. Later today there will be a new trailer we can ...

Battlefield V: new trailer and Betas at Gamescom

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What is this feeling.... I used to love the series but no longer find any excitement from it... it's a weird feeling.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Battlefield has gone downhill ever since BF 2. Not interrested in the series anymore. EA know how to f*ck up any good title.

4. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    I feel the same. Hell Let Loose or or maybe Post Scriptum are way more appealing to me.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    At least Battlefield V won't be as buggy as PS and it seems to suffer from the same performance issues as Squad does.

6. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    I prefer Hell Let Loose anyway, waiting for the beta at the moment ;)

RzrTrek likes this.
  7. ivan

ivan Guest

Looks like a bunch of hating COD fanboys on here. And BF 2 was was the last good battlefield? HA!

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Haven't played a COD game since Black Ops 1 (and even then, it was just the campaign) and I agree with everybody here.

BFV looks underwhelming to say the least... first time I'm not hyped for a BF game and I have thousands of hours in BFC2, BF3, BF4, BFH and BF1.

Anyway, I hope the beta will change my mind.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. ivan

ivan Guest

BF v might look "underwhelming" to you so lets agree to disagree. But to say that BF series went downhill since BF2 is unfair. I still enjoy BF4 and BF1 almost daily and both are great games in my opinion. And tell me what is so terrible about the BF V for you to say that its not exciting? Have you even played the Alpha? To be honest looks pretty damn good to me other then few minor bugs and revive system which I'm sure will get addressed, and best of all no more greedy ass "Season Passes"

10. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Approaching 20,000 hours of battlefield here. BFV is a joke right now. Movement is broken, teamplay is (still) nonexistent but required, high-skill mechanics have been removed from gunplay to cater to those who can't understand them, planes are painful to fly and balance between factions is broken, tanks can barely drive without flipping over.... I could go on for days. To say the game is underwhelming at this point is a vast understatement.

All we've seen so far is an alpha rumoured to be from a very old build, so it's early days. Let's not give up on the game yet. But let's not beat around the bush. What we've seen so far sucks. Stop being a fanboy. You're not helping anything.

Solfaur likes this.

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Yeah sure it looks great but how many times do we need a ww1 and ww2 based shooter? Round and round we go! Unless they can give me something new like battlefield 3 was I have no intention on playing yet another ww2 game,crap!

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It is unfair, I guess, but then again I only started playing BF games since the "new generation" aka BFBC2. But I do compare BFV to these newer BF games, that I loved and was always excited about from the very first trailer, and BFV simply does a lot of things wrong, from blatant historical inaccuracies to actual gameplay problems that CaptaPraelium pointed out so well.

But no, I did not play it myself as I was not invited to the alpha. All the information and impressions I get from the several videos of others. Hence why I still have a tiny bit of hope left for the open beta.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I hear you fellow gurus... I used to even take a week of vacation when BF launched, this time around I don't even know if I should buy it... EA made it possible that the oldest game series I used to play is no longer interesting. Maybe it's because after all those years I never got any closed alpha / beta access, because they charged me money for expansion packs they gave away for free anyway, or because of their gameplay being dumbed down with every successive title. This time around, I even wonder if I should uninstall Origin since... the only interesting games in that account now is the Command and Conquer collection. Wait, another franchise killed by EA...

Solfaur likes this.