Battlefield V and 5700XT

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LeyendaLeyendo, Jan 30, 2020.

1. LeyendaLeyendo

LeyendaLeyendo New Member

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    So i was wondering if anyone can play BFV (MP of course) in DX11 with any Adrenaline 2020 drivers.

Because I just simply can't , hard crash to the desktop with a driver crash too. My system is stable, my card is stable as i can play a lot of games without problem, tested my setup with prime95, AIDA64 and MemTest included in DramRyzen calculator for hours so...

In DX12 the game works nice and smooth at least, but i know that this game works better in DX11, it just that I cant play it with A2020, just with 19.12.1 or older version...

Anyone here can bring some light?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The game is pretty demanding on the Navi GPU's for whatever reason though it can be a good stress test as a result guaranteeing stability but it's a bit too extreme at times with the latest drivers so downclocking while keeping a higher voltage might be required though it's mostly the drivers from my understanding of the issue as earlier ones like 19.11.3 or the 19.12.1 just before Adrenaline 2020 seem stabler though it is interesting to hear that D3D12 is better because I heard it's even more sensitive but I guess it's different on certain hardware then or something like that maybe. :)
    (Might be a bit prone to stuttering but that too could be hardware related.)

So mostly just something in the drivers and while it can be a bit of a stability test it's kinda due to something in the software so it's not the best metric and hopefully it's something AMD will resolve in new drivers unless it requires a game patch for whatever reason.
    (Shouldn't be the case though if earlier drivers make it staple which would confirm it's a driver side issue primarily.)

3. LeyendaLeyendo

LeyendaLeyendo New Member

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil

It's kinda strange that works with DX12 and it doesn't with DX11... also if u check the crashdump, its the atidxx64.dll the file who caused an acces violation exception, this file its the DX11 drivers of AMD... hope it will get fixed. Anyway, my 5700XT its rock stable in any other games... and with any i mean any, i tried benchmarks like TimeSpy or Firestrike, Furmark, Superposition, games like RDR2, Witcher 3, SOTTR, AC Odyssey ( which is very sensitive to OC ) and works flawlessly, but with BFV...hard crash