Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    These are of course good news. Except DLSS on Metro apparently still looks horrendous with the above mentioned changes.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    For that the Steam version is possibly using a earlier version than on the Epic store though but there is a changelog for how it no longer blurs the UI so that would be fairly easy to squash if it happens or not as a confirmation if Epic Store 1.0.1.0 and Steam 1.0.0.0 is the same or if the Steam version is indeed entirely missing the day-1 release patch. (I can't test DLSS but it does crash quite frequently and alt-tab listed as a fixed issue is a guaranteed crash.)

And for Battlefield V it seems NVIDIA is still working on the AI model and training so later drivers should have a tweaked profile whatever it is, wonder if users could get access to it and do some tuning but I guess blindly changing flags or what it might be in the driver would be just making it worse.

Later patch for the game itself could also improve DLSS support I suppose, base resolution to target resolution instead of fixed would be nice and I guess if 2x is indeed SSAA just having that as a image quality enhancement would be nice as well.

3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Played the map Twisted steel today. I'm capping "E" out in the swampy area prone next to a bolder. Get killed by a guy with a 1911, he is standing on the bridge at flag B. You can not see flag E from where he is standing, and certainly not through trees and a bolder.

Uninstalled game. Way too many weird occurrences in this broken game.

BangTail likes this.
  4. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    fantaskarsef likes this.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    lol, he lost hope, uninstalled game he bought for 50 or whatever dollars XD

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Lmao..Just tried DX12(DXR Off) and it's butter smooth. DX11 gives me occasional stuttering.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Raytracing aside, i'm really glad DICE/Frostbite stepped it up with DX12 support, it has been crap for years but they've made fantastic progress recently.

There's potentially a massive CPU gain from DX12 usage.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    No difference in FPS, but DX11 is a stutter-mess after the recent patch.

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    First time I wanna to play BF5 so I toss in one of my RTX 2080 cards,thinking maybe I will get same experience as Metro Exodus Not A Chance.Just in start area with no Ray Tracing effects noticeable to me.
    Video setting 3840 x 2160 not a good experience with RTX enabled.Need to play with lower settings which is fine but I think I will stay maxed out at 1920 x 1080 RTX On and see how that works.
    I do not play multiplayer but I do not like these BF games took me over a year to finish BF3/4 and I never finished BF1 yet.These games are a visual treat though I must finish BF5.

4K BF5 RT Off DLSS OFF 60 FPS - Not bad at all and still looks great.
    https://i.**********/F7QttbJM/BF-5-RT-Off-DLSS-OFF-60-FPS.jpg

4K BF5 RT On High DLSS Off 14 FPS - Not playable at all
    https://i.**********/mh9x6ph3/BF5-RT-on-High-DLSS-Off-14-FPS.jpg

4K BF5 RT On High DLSS On 38 FPS - Playable but as soon as you start shooting or bombs go off I can see it in 20FPS range
    https://i.**********/N2mW9FZC/BF5-RT-On-High-DLSS-On-38-FPS.jpg

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Ironically it both looks better, and performs better with both dlss and rtx off on those screens.

11. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes I noticed that also ,I thought Nvidia made a rule where everyone needs RTX in their lives,so I will give RTX a shot for a little bit.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI

This so facking much... i can barely be arsed to do the weekly assignment.

The game launched with only 8 maps (vs 12 for bf3 and bf4) and majority of those maps are not nearly as good / fun as the bf3/4 maps. And the fact that there are no new maps on the horizon for anything other than firestorm (aka battleroyale, which is something i hate) really doesn't make it seem like i am going to suddenly find a renewed joy in bf5.

Solfaur, fantaskarsef and ShadowDuke like this.
  13. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Pity you don't do multiplayer, that is the best part for me :)

14. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Yeah I thought that was sad

15. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I am enjoying a few more fps using DX12 now it's finally working

16. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well I do not do multiplayer because I am old and I have played multiplayer in games but I never seem to be able to kill anyone even if I shoot them in the head 5 times.It is really strange.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  17. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    The more you play the better you get, I'm 67 and play online for an hour or so before bed most days. I'm happy when I get a positive K/D most evenings :)

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I know, it's depressing really... I swear, the only thing keeping me playing is the gunplay, given the right maps in Domination and sometimes Frontlines, it can be super fun. But other than that, it's just such a shallow and barebones experience as a whole. They could have literally released the game 1 year from now and it would not have been too soon. There are so, so many things missing/buggy/wrong, it's crazy.

An especially infuriating thing for me lately is the complete and utter lack of match balance, I can go for 10+ consecutive losses in a row, if I choose not to rage quit before the tide changes. And I'm talking brutal steamrolling. It was a problem in BF1 too, but here it seems way, way worse.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You shouldnt play before going to bed or do other "stressful" things for your heart/bp. This has nothing to do with age, but with health. Its proven its harder to get to sleep if you do such activities before going to bed. ;) docotrs say at least 1 hour before bed, you should be calm and relaxed. :D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Kolt, Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I can confirm myself that playing FPS games before going to bed does not work as well as playing something relaxing, or watching TV.

I too think the weekly assignments want to have people playing every day... honestly, I have left out weeks 2 and 3, played 1 and the following weeks. I can say, if I wouldn't concentrate on playing enough BF5 and not other games which are time consuming (blizzard games...), I would not be able to even earn a stupid weapon skin or a tank. And to me, that's a bit harsh... One already has to plan every day gaming in so you can reach those stupid end of "Lightning Strikes" rewards like the Baron von Zorn skin... So I feel you @Solfaur , I hear you my friend.

Solfaur, ShadowDuke and Dragam1337 like this.