1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Kolt

Kolt Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Great news, it appears we will be able to use DLSS + RTX for BF5 here soon!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/deep-learning-super-sampling-dlss-is-coming-to-battlefield-5/

Key note: "According to NVIDIA, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is able to run Battlefield 5 with an average of 90fps with RTX disabled and with an average of 88fps with both RTX and DLSS enabled. Without DLSS – but with RTX enabled – the RTX2060 can push an average of 65fps. What’s also interesting here is that, contrary to Final Fantasy XV which only supports DLSS in 4K, Battlefield 5 will support DLSS in 1080p (we assume when RTX effects are enabled?)."

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080TI 11GB
    I find the snipers to be really good in this BF. I can get headshots from the total other side of the map sometimes. Just need good placement and focus. Just practice and I am sure you will get your desired headshots. I was having a hard time a first, but I am happy to say I can pull them off on moving targets now which is very satisfying.

As for the plane controls, I think they are far superior to BF 1 for example, for me I found flying in star wars really hard! I keep my DPI on 400 in mouse and around (i think) 60 percent in game. With a large mousepad you can really pull off some sweet turns and dramatic dive bomving with the Stuka.

Currenly having a blat with the Stuka slotted with the heavy cannon setup. With some good placement on heavy armor you can kill them in 1 -2 passes. They are devastating against infantry. Of course you need your squad to help you spot targets, but if you fly high enough and focus on the ground by direction of bullet tracers you can find infantry quite easy and when they are all bunched up, it is a slaughter fest! mwahahahaha

3. Evileh

Evileh Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 GTX OC 8GB
    I have 536 kills with the kar98k 326 of them are hs lol.

4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm sure if I practice enough I'll get good with the snipers, I just need to figure out the whole zeroing stuff which was a totally alien concept to me in BF4 ( I skipped BF3 as mentioned in a previous post ) so I always sort of stuck to DMR's and AR's. I sort of got the flying figured out now after some more practice, binding "pitch up" to the space bar helped a bit but somehow the Star Wars Battlefront 2 way of things stuck with me as it just made sense since it was quite similar the Elite Dangerous mouse + KB flight model once you got your sensitivities sorted out.

5. max2

max2 Active Member

Anyway to figure out how many people are playing Battlefield V without opening the game ?

6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ugh! doing this assignment atm where I have to "master all ranges" or something, got my 40+ meter kills, got my sub 40 meter kills but the melee kills are a pain in the ass. Just gotta get crafty as hell I guess, ah well, got 2 weeks off from work so should be done with it by then :p

7. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    This is excellent news! I'll finally be able to play with >60 FPS, 3440x1440 with ultra RTX settings!

8. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    Don't get your hopes up at that resolution. 4K & 1080P may be the only resolutions supported. DLSS has to be learned first, and then implemented in a driver update. So in order for it to work at your resolution NVIDIA would have to put the effort into learning the needed data for scene rendering, and provide the data for said resolution. I game at 2560*1080 so I hope I'm wrong.

9. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Oh boy it didn't occur to me that DLSS could be restricted to ordinary widescreen resolutions. If that really is the case then I'll have to switch out my monitor for a 4K one... I too hope you're wrong!

Xtreme1979 and signex like this.
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    ..when is the next patch coming!?!? The game has still soo many bugs....

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm quickly falling in love with the AG M/42, its such a satisfying gun to use! Just need to level it up to unlock the specializations to make it even better. Initially shrugged it off as just another semi-auto but then I saw a fellow countryman kick ass and take names with it during a grand op and thought to myself that I have to try that bad boy!

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    The only reason i didn t buy this game,is that very few friends bought, and my ping is in the 125 on europe servers, and my love for modern weaponery

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    This month is the next big patch, I know lots of work has been done on bipods (thank frack!) and more network stuff.

Xtreme1979 and BangTail like this.
  14. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Well, my first half an hour experience with BFV. Played some single player, then jumped right into multiplayer and then CTD!!!!!
    How do I know if I’m running the game in RTX? ( I have a 2080ti). Any good optimization tips?
    Gaming on a 144hz 144p 37 inch monitor

15. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    DX12 & DXR must be enabled. The level of raytracing can be adjusted at the very bottom of advanced options.

16. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Thanks
    It's a 27 inch monitor, non-gsync.

Xtreme1979 likes this.
  17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Damn, trying to grind out the last level of Overture, got 7 hours left, dinner almost ready, sciatica is starting to play up, getting drunker by the minute, I suspect the missus will want some attention too like watch a daft horror film or something... I will finish what I started dang it!

[EDIT] Done!... what a crappy outfit but at least I unlocked it!

Btw, fear the weekend warrior! Had a squad mate in a tank doing laps around a palm tree, a support destroying his own AA gun and then rebuilding etc.

I like the assignments but some people focus on them a bit too much.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    big ROBOT bill and darrenj like this.
  18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    My most favorite weapon right now, just loving it. Been playing more assault cos of that weapon, im usually medic.

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Been playing the first games in proper squads yesterday, we had 2 full squads (one my mates and me, the other some dudes they picked up from some German clan), I can only say it makes the game way more rewarding, and fun to play too when there's communication.
    Also, it's never wrong to let two other people die before the medic (me) gets the kills and revives :D

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970