1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Most of what that guy says in regards to settings is BS though...

You should NEVER lower the resolution on your monitor, when you can lower render res instead. Texture quality has absolutely zero impact on performance, so unless you are restricted by the amount of vram your gpu has, then you should always just set textures to the highest possible.

Kolt likes this.
  2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    You should never reduce either in BF V, if you try the equivalent of 720p in this game, brace yourself for a mess that has more TAA than actual game pixels smeared all over your screen.

fantaskarsef and Kolt like this.
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    So dear gurus, has anyone tried the campaign? (And is there a campaign?)

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    War Stories just as the last one, smaller separate miniature stories composed of a few levels though I don't know if it's the same as BF One where the length and quality of these were heavily mixed and several were also very much tall tales or how it's called like Italian-terminator dude. :p

EDIT: Ah but unlike Battlefield One only a few of them are available now, latest one added in was the German tank battalion commander story I believe.

Xtreme1979 likes this.

5. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    I've played all the campaigns, what would you like to know?

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I understand that each person has different taste, but still: do you find these campaigns interesting? involving? may be comparing to campaigns in BF3 and BF4?
    I like campaigns in BF3 and BF4. They are a bit too short, but nice (despite having quick time events - I hate them, but there are only few of them).

DocStrangelove likes this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    all these game have pretty much the same formula for "campaigns" a 4 to 7 hour theme park ride with a lot of michael bay moments a good amount of over the top drama. Wholly scripted experience.

Since call of duty got away with shilling that as a "campaign" alot of these multiplayer focused shooters copied it, after all single player is hard and expensive to do well. Why they wanted to just declare single player games were "dead" while in the consuming public single player is the preference of the vast majority of players vs deal with online. Multiplayer might have a bit more longevity and keep people into a game, but modding can do the same for single player games. But game companies have a MUCH harder time monotozing single player games, where mp games it is much easier to push it and convince more to buy them. So single player was declared "dead" by EA and activision.

mbk1969 likes this.
  8. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    They were so so. Not really engaging. I don't like pre-rendered video interrupts, and prefer rendered scenes. Voice acting was very good though, "You're Billy Bridger!" :D

mbk1969 likes this.
  9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 FTW3Ultra
    I still feel they missed out on a great opportunity,,,, by not giving us historic battles. This games visuals engine would have provided a truly epic immersive experience in those battles. What a waste. Historic battles have actual replay value. What they gave us, has 0 replay value. And tbh I could care less about what we got for the sp stuff. For me anyways, it was all less than compelling.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    i assume that down the line we're gonna get omaha beach, wake island, market garden, tarkov... ?

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I would have loved to see anything relating to Australian soldiers in New Guinea or The Philippines fighting the Japanese... there is so much of World War 2 that could be used as reference for accurate interesting stories, but nope.... ignored every single time.

XenthorX and mbk1969 like this.
  12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks, will do a bit more testing later to see if theres any impact on my performance.

13. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    I would like to see the Japanese involved and Australians. A large scale multiplayer map as Omaha beach would be really good too with this frostbite engine as well as more pacific maps.

Let's see what the future holds. At this point in time I really not expecting an Omaha beach, BUT perhaps Normandy inland maps as introduction to the Airborne since I've seen they have added American 506th paratrooper uniforms.

Shataan likes this.
  14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    a Wake Island 24/7 server would be a dream come true. That map was so good.

Xtreme1979 and XenthorX like this.
  15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Custom servers with: Devastation, Rotterdam, Narvik, Twisted Steel would be great imo.

I don't dislike Narvik, just wish they made some tweaks to it (more cover on the bridge, less excessively bright).

EDIT: FFS I just had the last assignment bug out for the new rifle. Bah, I hate playing Grand Operations.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    After 14 hours of playing in the past 4 days I can safely say I love this game. Yes it has some issues but a lot of it is stuff that can be worked on and I can see this game getting even better throughout the new year. Also finally found the right settings for my rig and I can now merrily run the game at medium/ultra settings, trick seems to have been to run it in DX11 and with Future Frame Rendering enabled while having Pre-Rendered Frames in NVCP at app controlled.

1 Criticism though, do sniper rifles kinda suck ? I swear I've had more luck scoring a headshot from distance with assault rifles and SMG's than I have with the sniper rifles. I know this has kinda been the case for a while now with the BF games and I never really got into sniping that much since BF2.

Also a quick question to see if anyone has any decent M+KB settings for planes ? I was hoping the game would have had the same style flight as SWBF2 had because I think that was really well executed as even a dimwit like me was able to get into decent dogfights and rack up some kills.

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Me too, BF3's is my fav campaign ever, except those QTEs. Shame we dont get many coop stories anymore. Something like Left4Dead coop mode would be cool but with a modern commando warfare like COD4's story.

mbk1969 likes this.
  18. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Oh I pop off hs like a crazy person with the kar. I had a really long one 532 M. in the beginning was like 30th in the world then all the skill shot bs non in game staged wanna be's started to do their thing. :\

19. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    [​IMG]

Repo Man likes this.
  20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    I seem to prefer the M95 sniper, no idea why but I seem more consistent with it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018