Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Thanks, will do a bit more testing later to see if theres any impact on my performance.

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    I would like to see the Japanese involved and Australians. A large scale multiplayer map as Omaha beach would be really good too with this frostbite engine as well as more pacific maps.

Let's see what the future holds. At this point in time I really not expecting an Omaha beach, BUT perhaps Normandy inland maps as introduction to the Airborne since I've seen they have added American 506th paratrooper uniforms.

Shataan likes this.
  3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    a Wake Island 24/7 server would be a dream come true. That map was so good.

Xtreme1979 and XenthorX like this.
  4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Custom servers with: Devastation, Rotterdam, Narvik, Twisted Steel would be great imo.

I don't dislike Narvik, just wish they made some tweaks to it (more cover on the bridge, less excessively bright).

EDIT: FFS I just had the last assignment bug out for the new rifle. Bah, I hate playing Grand Operations.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    After 14 hours of playing in the past 4 days I can safely say I love this game. Yes it has some issues but a lot of it is stuff that can be worked on and I can see this game getting even better throughout the new year. Also finally found the right settings for my rig and I can now merrily run the game at medium/ultra settings, trick seems to have been to run it in DX11 and with Future Frame Rendering enabled while having Pre-Rendered Frames in NVCP at app controlled.

1 Criticism though, do sniper rifles kinda suck ? I swear I've had more luck scoring a headshot from distance with assault rifles and SMG's than I have with the sniper rifles. I know this has kinda been the case for a while now with the BF games and I never really got into sniping that much since BF2.

Also a quick question to see if anyone has any decent M+KB settings for planes ? I was hoping the game would have had the same style flight as SWBF2 had because I think that was really well executed as even a dimwit like me was able to get into decent dogfights and rack up some kills.

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Me too, BF3's is my fav campaign ever, except those QTEs. Shame we dont get many coop stories anymore. Something like Left4Dead coop mode would be cool but with a modern commando warfare like COD4's story.

mbk1969 likes this.
  7. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Oh I pop off hs like a crazy person with the kar. I had a really long one 532 M. in the beginning was like 30th in the world then all the skill shot bs non in game staged wanna be's started to do their thing. :\

8. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    [​IMG]

Repo Man likes this.
  9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I seem to prefer the M95 sniper, no idea why but I seem more consistent with it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Great news, it appears we will be able to use DLSS + RTX for BF5 here soon!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/deep-learning-super-sampling-dlss-is-coming-to-battlefield-5/

Key note: "According to NVIDIA, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is able to run Battlefield 5 with an average of 90fps with RTX disabled and with an average of 88fps with both RTX and DLSS enabled. Without DLSS – but with RTX enabled – the RTX2060 can push an average of 65fps. What’s also interesting here is that, contrary to Final Fantasy XV which only supports DLSS in 4K, Battlefield 5 will support DLSS in 1080p (we assume when RTX effects are enabled?)."

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    I find the snipers to be really good in this BF. I can get headshots from the total other side of the map sometimes. Just need good placement and focus. Just practice and I am sure you will get your desired headshots. I was having a hard time a first, but I am happy to say I can pull them off on moving targets now which is very satisfying.

As for the plane controls, I think they are far superior to BF 1 for example, for me I found flying in star wars really hard! I keep my DPI on 400 in mouse and around (i think) 60 percent in game. With a large mousepad you can really pull off some sweet turns and dramatic dive bomving with the Stuka.

Currenly having a blat with the Stuka slotted with the heavy cannon setup. With some good placement on heavy armor you can kill them in 1 -2 passes. They are devastating against infantry. Of course you need your squad to help you spot targets, but if you fly high enough and focus on the ground by direction of bullet tracers you can find infantry quite easy and when they are all bunched up, it is a slaughter fest! mwahahahaha

12. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I have 536 kills with the kar98k 326 of them are hs lol.

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I'm sure if I practice enough I'll get good with the snipers, I just need to figure out the whole zeroing stuff which was a totally alien concept to me in BF4 ( I skipped BF3 as mentioned in a previous post ) so I always sort of stuck to DMR's and AR's. I sort of got the flying figured out now after some more practice, binding "pitch up" to the space bar helped a bit but somehow the Star Wars Battlefront 2 way of things stuck with me as it just made sense since it was quite similar the Elite Dangerous mouse + KB flight model once you got your sensitivities sorted out.

14. max2

max2 Member Guru

Anyway to figure out how many people are playing Battlefield V without opening the game ?

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Ugh! doing this assignment atm where I have to "master all ranges" or something, got my 40+ meter kills, got my sub 40 meter kills but the melee kills are a pain in the ass. Just gotta get crafty as hell I guess, ah well, got 2 weeks off from work so should be done with it by then :p

16. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    This is excellent news! I'll finally be able to play with >60 FPS, 3440x1440 with ultra RTX settings!

17. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    Don't get your hopes up at that resolution. 4K & 1080P may be the only resolutions supported. DLSS has to be learned first, and then implemented in a driver update. So in order for it to work at your resolution NVIDIA would have to put the effort into learning the needed data for scene rendering, and provide the data for said resolution. I game at 2560*1080 so I hope I'm wrong.

18. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Oh boy it didn't occur to me that DLSS could be restricted to ordinary widescreen resolutions. If that really is the case then I'll have to switch out my monitor for a 4K one... I too hope you're wrong!

Xtreme1979 and signex like this.
  19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    ..when is the next patch coming!?!? The game has still soo many bugs....

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I'm quickly falling in love with the AG M/42, its such a satisfying gun to use! Just need to level it up to unlock the specializations to make it even better. Initially shrugged it off as just another semi-auto but then I saw a fellow countryman kick ass and take names with it during a grand op and thought to myself that I have to try that bad boy!