Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Tone

Tone Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3090 Tuf OC
    Does anybody have a 2080 RXT TI and plays Battlefield 5 in DX12 with RTX enabled, Im getting really choopy frames, even taking RTX off does not work with DX12, this is making the game making the game unplayable, I have 32 gb of ram, latest nvidia drivers, 10 core cpu plenty of power ect, this applies both to the SP and MP but in dx11 its fine, DX12 on Tomb raider is also sooper smooth, ive tried everything to get this game to work with DX12 but still nothing, any help cheers

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Read the thread? Ofc you get choppy frames, what did you expect!?

Dragam1337 and BangTail like this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's DX12 and it will probably never work properly if Dice's previous forays into DX12 are anything to go by.

This is one of the most insincere and disingenuous statements I have ever read.

All their games are like this, because they have to be fair, there is no second place and everyone's a winner /sarcasm off

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Dragam1337 and Kolt like this.
  4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    [​IMG]

So they are adding more modes to "core". I really hope this isn't the first step to a permanent hardcore mode that will just split up the playerbase..

I'm not sure I want to wait until January either. It might be best to refund and get my $60 back, then see what they decide in January. At that point I can probably get the game for $15 lol.
    Holding out over the weekend just so I don't do anything I end up regretting.. but I just can't get over how idiotic it was for them to up and change something that so many core players were so adamant on them not changing. They could have at least put up a CTE or done it in a better manner.. this was just so knee-jerk that it screams idiotic EA exec. Tiggr and Drunkkz3 (DICE devs) both seem to disagree with the changes themselves which further prove that this is an ignorant exec decision that was not fully thought out.

EDIT: update from the community manager:

"Hi Battlefield Community,

On behalf of the Battlefield team, I’d like to apologize for the silence over the past couple of days on the TTK topic. We’ve seen it’s been a big talking point and causing a divide in the community, which was never our intention. We have been listening closely to what you’ve all been saying.

Changes to the game carrying this kind of weight needs clearer, earlier communication before getting rolled out. We will improve how we roll out updates in the future and respond more quickly when you have questions or concerns.

So, why change TTK now? The intent came from us observing that new players are having a very hard time with the game compared to our core players, and we wanted to see if we could improve this over the holidays so more players can have a great time.

As many of our veteran players know, Battlefield games constantly evolve and change over time in our collaboration with the community. Battlefield V is no exception. We heard your feedback that many of you prefer the old TTK values, with one playlist featuring only Conquest using the “Core” settings clearly not being enough. To fix that, we will be adding a “Core” version of all playlists in the game next week, giving you a clearer choice between new and old settings. We’ll update you early next week on when the new playlist will be added.

We want to hear from you about the changes we’re making. We’d also like to thank all of you for the constructive discussions and feedback we’re seeing. Thank you.

~ The Battlefield Team"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...ttlefield_v_letter_to_the_community_new_core/

Dragam1337 and BangTail like this.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Kolt

All this is going to do is split the player base and hurt the game.

Way to go whiners, you got your easy mode and simultaneously killed the game.

[​IMG]

Honestly, BF6 should be set in some cushy suburb where two teams of millennials run around in a huge arena made out of pillows firing cotton ball guns at each other.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    EA are just morons, all the way through...

I made a guide thread for people using g-sync, as i saw alot weren't using it correctly, giving them less than optimal performance

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168471/guide-on-how-to-correctly-configure-g-sync/p3

So you have this twat g0merpile write in his first post in my gsync guide thread "disable gsync for best performance"... like, can you troll harder than that?

So i reported him for trolling on his various posts, and now... i got banned for reporting his posts, cause according EA, that dude is NOT trolling, so me reporting his post is a violation to the their rules, which means i get banned -_-

I have seriously never experienced anything more retarded...

BangTail likes this.
  7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yes, exactly. The whole point of removing premium was to not split the player base... and they go and do this. The BF community has already shrunk monumentally over the years compared to what we had before.. this is going to hurt a lot.

I would not make a big deal about this if BF5 had PUBG numbers. Regardless of that, I still have a huge bone to pick with the fact that the entire game - guns, maps, etc - were all balanced in mind around the original TTK. Half of the guns are garbage now, and this essentially indirectly buffed the hell out of back of the line snipers and the zerg-rush mentality.

Mark my words.. this TTK will make the gameplay a lot worse. Fast TTK along with the removal of spotting encouraged a more methodical approach of gameplay that was almost absent in BF1. When you can take more hits and get away easier it just makes everyone rush around pew pew'ing.

BangTail likes this.
  8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Just had a round with 37% Accuracy on my STG...

Sigh... if they want to make TTK slower, just add more recoil, etc, one of the problems is that the guns are absolute lasers.

Finished the assignment where you have to win the new gametype on all 4 or 5 environments, thank God, back to conquest, what a campfest that gametype is and the maps are all walled off so you can't even flank properly.

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    DICE finding new way to split player base now that premium is gone.
    Adding hardcore mode is not a solution.

R6S, Counter Strike, are hard games to get into. Patching BF5 to please newcomers is just hurting the long time core player base. This is terribly short sighted.

Radical_53 and Kolt like this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes yes, you are really good... how nice for you.

I don't see anyone else having that high accuracy - in fact most people i know have about the same accuracy as in bf4, about 20% with AR's.

You might find a few people agreeing with you, but the VAST majority of players would not want more recoil... i actually choose less recoil above improved accuracy on the stg as specialization for the same reason.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Why do they change it all the time? Battlefield 4 was pretty good in terms of TTK.

Kolt and BangTail like this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Issue is that each person has their own opinion about what direction the game should take.

Dice should honestly just have ignored all the crying, and gone with the direction they were going since beta, and stick with their ideas.

Now that they have gone against the direction they wanted to take the game before launch, they will have to revamp more or less everything in the game, from individual weapon damage, to mag size and total ammo amount.

XenthorX, Kolt and BangTail like this.
  13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The part about using riva to limit fps rather than the ingame setting to limit fps really does give smoother frametimes, works wonders!

BangTail and Dragam1337 like this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm glad you liked it ;)

BangTail likes this.
  15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    They actually have significantly less recoil than previous BF titles. The main difference is that the bullet velocity works quite different, less drop, more velocity focused (similar to PUBG).

Though recoil like on the medic guns isn't the way to go. It needs to be a clear well defined pace and pattern (with some randomization to it of course), but the medic guns that's not recoil, that's just "wobbling all over the place", at least on the higher RPM ones. You need something that's controllable and learn-able for players.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That might be true for standard weapons, but not with muzzle breaks and grips in bf4... with that i found the weapons to be much more easily controllable, there you were just hindered by the spread in regards to accuracy.

And again, all the people i know have roughly the same accuracy % in bf4 and bf5.

In regards to medic weapons, they just need a complete rework, especially with this ttk change.

BangTail likes this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    BangTail and Party Poison like this.
  18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I read it all from the start, But thanks anyway. And I do the exact same thing same with capping under refresh rate.

And I feel for you, I've tried too many times with the gsync settings argument.

Some folks just don't wanna be helped.

BangTail and Dragam1337 like this.
  19. Tone

Tone Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3090 Tuf OC
    Finally got this to work, I put a monitor driver for my ASUS into the windows device driver in the control panel, and ever since then it works very well, still get the odd stutter but now getting 70 + with RTX on, very strange

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There are random stutters even in DX11 in BF V. BF1 with ISLC runs like a dream.