Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I feel like I'm not hyped because it's basically the same game for the last 5 games and not because I'm old. Granted if I was like 14 maybe I wouldn't have played the last 4 games and BF5 would feel "fresh" or something but in reality if I was 14 I'd probably be playing Fortnite with all the other 14 year olds. Which I think is part of the problem with their sales - I don't think they are getting young/fresh blood into these games and the older people are getting burned out. Ever since Bad Company 2, I've generally had about 10-12 people I'd cycle through and play BF games with.. pretty much all of us have quit. BF4 we played for like 4-5 months after launch, BF1 we made it like a month. This one me and two guys I still play with couldn't make it 10 hours - the rest of the people didn't even try it.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Question - what are these people playing now? I am in my thirties and most of the people i know IRL gave up gaming in their 20's, as they felt gaming became a bit "meh, it's just more of the same", but in reality, they were just growing apart from gaming. It had nothing to do with the games, but rather that they had changed.

I don't feel like it's the same game at all - there are many differences to it, that makes it feel considerably different to past battlefield games... especially the massive reduction to spread, removal of the spotting system and suppression system, and the addition of the attrition system, aswell as the much lower TTK.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I can also relate to you fellow guru. People stopped gaming shooters around me, drifted off more towards what I'd say "minecraftian" games, where you collect resources and build something with blocks etc. They like to play digital Lego more these days, but occasionally they do play shooters too. Oddly enough, I'd say they degenerated in their appetite for games that have a mechanic behind it besides resource collection and building.
    But for battlefield... or shooters... we have to admit, it's shooting enemies and trying to capture points, or defend them, one way or the other. Yes, all in all it does remain the same, but on the other hand, the genre is limited by itself, and I don't think battle "royal" games are something new (just my opinion).

BangTail likes this.
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The core group (about 5 of us including me) are playing R6:Siege, a few others are playing a mix of Rust/New CSGO BR game/League of Legends/misc random indie games I never heard of, one kid plays hentai games on steam but he was always weird - a couple quit gaming all together.

I personally moved onto Siege, played that for a few years although recently got kind of burned out. I agree that as I get older I'm getting burned out with gaming in general but occasionally a game will come by that just feels different, interesting and exciting - as far as FPS, Siege was that game for me recently. Before that it was Battlefield, before that it was CS - I started with Quake/UT.. but all those and their subsequent sequels went through the same process for me. They slowly iterate the game(s) with the changes you're saying here.. different spreads/hotboxes (CSGO vs Source vs 1.6), movement changes (UT2K4 movement got way more loftier) but like in the end the core gameplay is similar. The loops are similar. The changes give it like a "burst" of interest for me but it only lasts a bit before they just become part of my "muscle memory" essentially and the core mechanics, gameplay loops, etc are all that are left.

I play a varying genres though - I still log dozens of hours in to SC2 each month. I played WoW for like 3 years back when it launched. League/DOTA for years in between games of CS/Battlefield. All kinds of random games in between all those. Idk maybe I just need drastic shifts to keep me interested in things but yeah I think the Battlefield series is dead to me. I don't think TTK changes or anything they are talking about here is going to make me or any of the people I played with come back.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, every now and then a game will show up that I will go to bed thinking about, but for the most part, those days are gone and I am quite sure that is a function of age.

I remember playing SWG pretty much 24/7 for 3 years about 14 years ago, I just couldn't get enough of it but those were MMOs you could effectively live in and they don't make games like that anymore.

Everything is geared towards the instant gratification culture these days.

There are still gems out there though and a few AAA games that are very good as well.

Siege is actually a very good example of a newer game that is pretty solid.

Bahahahahaha, it's lucky the actual weapons are nowhere near as crap as these fakakta representations otherwise we'd probably still be fighting WW2 now.

Five .303 bullets to kill someone @ 44m - smoke some more meth EA, fkin idiots.

Essentially, rifle bullets stop working at 70m in EAs bizarro world (but the same caliber round from a Sniper rifle miraculously only needs to connect twice and doesn't have the range limitiation :rolleyes: )

Well at least now the carebears will have time to 'fight back' :p

Oh yeah, uninstalled.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  6. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I learned that lesson from BF1. The ONLY community DICE listen to is a few youtuber. BF1 on day 1 was fantastic fun. After a few blah blah blah from a certain youtuber.. they make change to the game. It was no longer fun and exciting. So all my friends quit.. I eventually quit a few weeks later after the first DLC. Sniper fest = zzzzzzzzz.

fantaskarsef and BangTail like this.
  7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The ironic thing is that they didn't nerf the most WTF weapons... again bolt action rifles being able to instant kill you from any distance, and retardedly, the m30 drilling (shotgun) aswell... damn there are alot of people using the drilling now, cause the kill times are so long, it is super easy to do a headshot with it and get instant kill at any range...

Had a round where i was shooting with my mg42 at a guy who had the drilling BEFORE he shot at me, he just turns around at headshots me... this is at roughly 60 meters, so the mg42 reqruires 7 (!!!!!) bullets to kill, and has crazy recoil, but this shotgun can just instant kill me NP... fack off, like really !

The only thing this TTK change has done, is making weapons that can instant kill more OP.

And what is even more ironic... it has not solved the TTD issues... i still get random 1 frame deaths from weapons that takes 6 bullets to kill... i am 100% certain that their servers are at fault.

BangTail likes this.
  8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Dragam1337

Yup it's like I said.

7.92 x 57 round out of the Kar 98K non sniper, five to six bullets at well under 100 yards.

7.92 x 57 round out of the Kar 98K Sniper (that's the SAME F*CKING GUN with a scope on it) two bullets at unlimited range.

Whatever EA.

fantaskarsef, Dragam1337 and Kolt like this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The ironic thing is that the mg42 uses the exact same cartridge aswell... but yeah, that needs 7 bullets to kill -_-

BangTail likes this.
  10. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    After a few hours testing the new TTK, i will probably not play it again until they revert the changes.
    The Selbstlader uses 4-5 bullets to the torso/head area for a kill. Every gun is now viable on shot to medium range. Even MMG/LMG's dish more at medium range than a few well placed shots with a self-loader rifle.
    The rounds i played got more and more into Recon/Sniper and M30 Drilling fest with a few MG42 dues camping and moving you down from a distance..

And i don't want to start talking about the medic class...

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Steppzor

Yah, instead of fixing actual issues, they are 'fixing' things that weren't broken in the first place.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  12. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Meh, what a bummer. Was really looking forward in getting this game, but all I read is negative posts. I recall from BF3 the constant nerfing and buffing on weapons, giving a totally different game after some 6 months, and apparently BF5 will suffer the same faith. Nerfing, buffing etc etc.
    Is it even worth it for a "new" player to go into this game? I'm certainly not looking forward to shootouts where opponents dance around my bullets and put me down instantly.
    Already having a disadvantage over the now seasoned gamers that knows all the inns and outs of every mode and map.

As for getting older, that's all in the eye of the beholder, if a game is good, you can play it to your dying day. If it's not so good, then you're bored pretty quick yes.
    I found the beta pretty boring, and that's also why I held off from buying the game. Then I'm already an old man, yet love to play games like farcry series, or fallout for that matter.( and no, I disliked the settlement parts in fo4).
    So I suppose one can get tired from an old formula, but it doesn't require an old age to be bored from gaming overall. Or fast paced shooters for that matter.
    I still like shooters, fast or slow. This one though, maybe when it's cheap to buy.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    After testing it I feel like they need to find some middle ground in between pre TTK increase and post, that would be ideal.

Though it's now clearly showing which guns are OP and which ones aren't.

A lot of the LMG's could use better sustained throughput but need a higher first shot multiplier.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Blurry as hell textures when you zoom with the sniper..I even saw pixelated trees..Wtf..Texture filtering is still broken. You can fix it by forcing 16xAF via driver but it's still a mess.

[​IMG]

15. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Why posting a BF1 picture on a BFV thread?

Kolt and Dragam1337 like this.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The Battlefield V 12-13-2018 Update will begin rolling out to each platform according to the release timing and downtime windows below:

Downtime: This is a zero-downtime update, so you will not be kicked from gameplay. Once the update is live for your platform, you will need to exit the game and relaunch to apply the update.

Update Accessibility:
    • PC - Thursday, Dec 13th at 1am PT / 4am ET / 9am UTC / 10am CET
    • PlayStation 4 - Thursday, Dec 13th at 2am PT / 5am ET / 10am UTC / 11am CET
    • Xbox One - Thursday, Dec 13th at 3am PT / 6am ET / 11am UTC / 12pm CET

This hotfix update addresses issues with fortifications that arose with the December 11th update.

We'll have more info to share once the update completes.

Thanks and we'll see you on the battlefield!

The Teams at EA/DICE

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Perhaps you should post that in the bf1 thread where it belongs, rather than the bf5 thread...

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    In my 30's as well. My only interest in this game is to try out ray tracing to be honest. I might enjoy it a little then get bored of it. I do agree it's been a lot of the same stuff these years. I typically avoid assassins creed and COD. I've found myself getting into vr a lot more. Most of the creativity is in vr now. It's a whole new field with new possibilities but unfortunetly not a huge user base so quality and developement is sometimes lacking. There are still a few good priceless titles and experiences that have come out.

BangTail likes this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, ever since I discovered driving in VR, I've spent a lot of time there.

It will gain traction, it is definitely a lot more affordable now than it was.

I've had more than one person come over decrying VR and saying what a waste of money it is; 5 minutes in 'The trials of Tatooine' and the jaw is on the floor and VR is the best thing ever.

Seeing is believing ;)

Not a huge fan of Jack's and even though I often consider him be an EA shill, he is on the same side as most of us, people who actually play the game don't like these changes and don't want them.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    tensai28 likes this.
  20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I've decided to stop playing altogether until they reverse the TTK. I'm just not enjoying the game anymore, and trying to play "Conquest Core" is not a fix. It's one mode and not everyone is aware of it. I am also completely against them splitting the community up with a separate playlist. This is just going downhill so fast.

I'm going to give it a little longer to see Dice's reaction.. and if they don't seem to get a clue I will initiate a refund or even go as far as a chargeback.. I don't care anymore.. the game is not what I paid for and is not fun to me anymore. I'm sure this looks like over-reacting and all, but I just can't understand what Dice is doing here and I don't really want to keep supporting their idiotic ideas and company. The reality is that this game was ADVERTISED as a more tactical and hardcore shooter than what BF1 was. Proof?

In Dice's OWN words:

"Tweaking the Bullet Damage
    Bullet damage has been chosen with two things in mind. First, even weapons with a low rate of fire should allow you to win a 1-vs.-2 situation reliably when flanking and surprising the enemy. You should also not experience catching an enemy off guard, shooting him or her in the back from close range, only for your enemy to turn around and kill you because he or she uses a weapon with higher damage output.

In a game like Battlefield V, the time to take out a single player should not surpass 300 milliseconds by a lot.

Hence the MP40 and STEN, with their rate of fire of 539 rounds per minute, require four bullets to kill a healthy enemy at short range. This results in a Time to Kill of 333 milliseconds if all shots hit. With this damage output, the player will not be forced to use faster firing weapons only to be able to flank successfully or win a 1-vs.-1 in which he had a significant advantage.

Second, the difference in raw damage output between the fastest and slowest firing weapon should be as large as possible. Why? To ensure variety between weapons. As an example, the Suomi KP/-31 has the same damage as an MP40, but handles very differently, making it much less suited for medium range."

Source: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/gunplay-weapons-improvements-features-battlefield-5

What happened to that idea? This is on their website and is what BF5 was supposed to be about.

I feel like a refund is warranted since the game was advertised with the above in mind and has been changed beyond that. The product was changed to no longer match the description. I know I'm going on a stretch here.. but if we don't stick it to these companies in some way or another they will never learn. The only thing I can do to show EA/Dice that I am not happy - besides simply not playing - is getting my money back.

They had something really good that could have exploded into something really big (think R6 Siege). It just needed some more time and content for people to spread the word.. but the only word being spread is how bad the game is and how Dice ****** it up. Seriously, go look at just about any gaming circle or outlet about the game. People are upset. I understand the majority of actual gamers aren't the vocal ones on these forums and communities, but what Dice doesn't realize is that the core community is what keeps a game alive. The core community is pissed, and the outside casuals will hear and see that.

The game is just soooo broken now. This was a rushed out half-baked "fix" that broke most weapon balance and is only splitting the community up.

"In a game like Battlefield V, the time to take out a single player should not surpass 300 milliseconds by a lot." riiiiiiiiiight

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Dragam1337, cerebus23 and BangTail like this.