Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehe that's true, I usually do that when playing Overwatch. But I'm also not trying to be competitive anymore with BF

Netherwind likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    There's so much happening on the map and you get attacked from every corner. Always difficult to have your back clear :D

Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    What annoys me by far the most about the game are the near invincible bomber planes, and the very buggy bipods.

Bombers can instant kill everything, including tanks, but the only ways of combatting bombers are the AA guns (which might aswell be bb guns, as they do so little damage to bombers that they always have time to get out of range and repair) and fighter planes (and killing bombers is just about the only thing fighters can do...). They have made tanks fairly easily killable with panzerfaust (which is realistic), which is why you don't see tankers with insane scores like in bf4... now you instead see bombers with 50-0 scores.

Bipods are SO facking annoying in bf5 !!! They went away from the perfectly fine bipod system in bf1, where the bipod would be deployed when you just layed down. Now you have to manually try to deploy it, which 90% of the time it wont. Either it's because your man won't lay 100% still due to the new prone system, or it's because the surface isn't 100% even. This is VERY problematic with the mg34 and mg42, which can only be aimed when on bipod... i can't count the amount of times this has gotten me killed.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    BangTail and Solfaur like this.
  4. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RX6800 XT
    Anyone having issues with the game not switching between maps? becoming a pain in the ass having to rejoin the server after every round.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    Nvidia / Epic Games / Disney put up a very nice demo showcasing reflections using RTX cards and Star Wars theme.

DICE have currently the biggest license deal regarding Star Wars.

Epic games are currently owner of one of the most popular online game.

Licensing ain't forever and DICE had to showcase some engineering workforce.

6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Don't know about BF V because I don't use DX12 but when I used DX12 in Battlefront 2, it would not switch maps correctly.

7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i have a 2080 and am not having problems like that. I use dx12.

8. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Does ray tracing affect the cutscenes like making them brighter or better? Just wanted to know whether or not I'm imagining them looking nicer. I can see ray tracing working in gameplay with better reflections on my new card.

And I did a search first, to find out if cutscenes in BF5 benefit from ray tracing (DXR) on. But couldn't find an answer. Hate it when you ask a simple question in various forms of asking the question on Google and no answer. Frustrating.

Now in this case maybe there is no answer on Google because everyone except the few idiots like me knows the cutscenes in BF5 are not affected by it in the least. Well that's fine, just tell me nicely that cutscenes or movies in BF5 can not possibly be affected by DXR on.

9. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    I saw the RTX demo, and one small thing that I noticed, you cannot reflect something that doesn't exist, and here's the catch, to have better performance, some game objects are removed if you do not look at them, offscreen I mean. For example, you are looking at the water and there is an offscreen object, let's say a tree, and you cannot see it's reflection, because tree is not rendered for you to improve performance and lots of games does this. You can see in Battlefield V RTX demo videos, reflections are disappearing from objects that are offscreen.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090
    They are nerfing the panzerfaust next patch

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    OMFG this.

The planes are so OP and the AA is such rubbish, it is so frustrating having half your team wiped out by the same asshat in a bomber over and over again.

And the bipod 'deployment' has gotten me killed more times than I can count, seriously f**king annoying.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The bipod part was a mess in the beta too, just one of the many reasons I decided not to buy the game. I don't get it, they had literally perfected bipods in BF1, so smooth and seamless and then went from that... to this. It makes no sense why they did it, especially with these LMGs I've heard in BFV that can't ADS on foot.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got Origin Premier and tried the game a little bit yesterday evening. For me DX11 is the only viable option since DX12 provides stuttering due to uneven frame-times even though the FPS is almost the same. It's a very demanding game and I must try to turn down a few things to make the FPS locked at my refresh rate. I must also turn off the TAA which doesn't look good at all.

The SP seems pretty cool, we'll see further down the road. MP feels more polished than beta. Seen a bug or two (floating assets for example or pixelated bushes)

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    The pre-rendered cut-scenes do not have any ray tracing effects as they are already rendered before they play on your screen and are essentially just videos/movies. There are moments where you won't have control over your character that you could technically consider cut-scenes, but only if it is rendering live from your GPU can ray tracing be used.

This being said, what can affect the pre-rendered cut-scenes is something like having HDR on.. as for me it makes the pre-rendered videos kind of washed out looking and brighter (actual gameplay looks amazing though.)

15. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I just noticed something after playing around with the settings in BF1
    There's a sharpening filter built in to the post process quality option. But you can turn it off by setting the post process quality option to low, anything above low and you get sharpening. Here's a comparison in BF1:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/124808

As you can see the foliage gets really ugly and over sharpened with post-process at high.

I have tested other Frostbite games like Mass Effect Andromeda and it's the same thing. So it's probably the same in BFV. I would recommend setting post process quality to low in BFV if you don't like sharpening :)

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    And this is why the sensible thing to do is add a sharpness slider...

The Division has forced TAA as well but not even half as messed up as BF V and has a sharpness slider where the player can choose his own amount of sharpening.

XenthorX and Dragam1337 like this.
  17. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah slider is the best option, but even an sharpening on/off option is better than just hiding it in another option.

It took me this long to figure it out :confused:

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    SO I'm not seeing a Black Friday Discount on the game(well %10 off) I was planing on getting it but at $60 im a little disappointed. Suggestions?

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  20. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU