Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    True, but again... loot boxes didn't impact gameplay at all... it would be different if you obtained weapons that way, but it's just cosmetic items.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    You used to pay for the full game experience. I hope i can have some look option for my character without spending a single dollars beside price of the game.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    There will be no loot boxes, you can buy cosmetics but you can see the price before buying their is no % of getting X also you can earn the same stuff by just playing the game.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Will there still be paid shortcuts available? those seem to be the norm now for the past few Battlefields.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Well done, I'm looking at prices fairly often on allkeyshop.com and I've never seen the game go below 41€ (which is around £36). And saying that 30+14 = £44 is paying less that any new game on steam is a weird comparison since you obviously didn't buy your BFV key on Steam or EA.

6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    They have not done it in Battlefront 2 as far as I am aware (although I can't say as I'm surprised after the sheer amount of backlash they received for all the financially motivated shenanigans that went on where that particular game was concerned).

If they do try it again, my guess is they will try to disguise it as something else or wait several years and hope everyone has forgotten about it.

Oh, yeah … Pro tip EA, Wilson et al, we aren't going to forget about it ;)

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    There might be a shortcut pack, but i really don't see an issue in that regard... i personally like working towards unlocking new weapons, and it's usually fairly fast.

It would be different if it were weapons you couldn't get without paying for them.

Kolt and BangTail like this.
  8. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I'm not bothered about that stuff either as long as you can obtain stuff without paying real money.

signex and Dragam1337 like this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Can't wait to play already this friday! :)

big ROBOT bill and Dragam1337 like this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    I know, right ! I am SO hyped :D

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The real question is.....

Which day of the week am i getting Origin premiere? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    The day before the early access... so the 8th november :p

XenthorX likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    XenthorX likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Battlefield 4 is the safe word.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah... honestly they lost me, been a die hard fan of BF franchise for 15 years, but I'm not even going back to BF4 again, I just quit it. :(

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Same here, started with 1942... Battlefield 4 was the last for me..... has it really been so long... time goes by so fast.

XenthorX and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    I still think BF3 had the best mapdesign and BF BC2 the best gun mechanics. BF3 had a good vehicle vs infantry balance, in BF4 this was skewed alot towards the vehicles on a lot of maps. Especially shanghai in 8v8 competitive was a disaster: best heli pilot wins because if you control the tower, you can just bombard the other 2 flags with parachuting infantry.

Not to mention on Golmud, the attack heli could fly higher then RPG/SMAW rockets (there was an actual limit where they would just despawn) would reach and in 8v8 they would just absolutely destroy infantry on the only flags where infantry could shine without the help of a tank.

BF1 was a massive step in the wrong direction imo, but they're getting rid of some of the things I disliked about it.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Vehicles appear to be a MUCH smaller factor in bf5, compared to bf4... which in my book is great ! Sure, a tiger tank needs to command respect, but in bf4 you'd have tanks completely dominating everything, just farming infantry, and that's just way over the top. From what i saw in bf5, i liked the balance, also in regards to the aircraft - in bf1 this was the biggest annoyance... being farmed by aircraft...

signex and ShadowDuke like this.
  20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Vehicles are still powerful but we have gone back to the bf2 days of NEEDING at least 2 in a vehicles to make it shine, BF1 has way too many that can just be played solo and still rank up so many kills with very little resistance.

BF1's gun mechanics are a bit all over the shop I do like that they tried to makes guns only fit into certain rolls but they screw that up by having high rate of guns stay be able to kill at midrange by just spraying enough bullets in a fast time.

It is hard to go back to it after playing BFV which imo has nailed (mostly) the gunplay)

BF2 conquest map design with BC2 rush map design with BF3 gunplay would be pure bliss BFV is close to that (bring back FF on by default!)

signex, XenthorX and Dragam1337 like this.