Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh don't get triggered my friend, just don't buy the game for Xbox. Enough kiddies do that anyway.

Netherwind likes this.
  2. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    This is why people think PC gamers are dicks

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Explain.

I get annoyed whenever I see "games play best on xbox one", when the game is available for PC.

Netherwind, Jonnyboy and Dragam1337 like this.
  4. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    What "people"? Yeah I'd like to know too.

Don't give in mate, it's just marketing trash talk. "Best played on Xbox". "The way it's meant to be played". All just marketing bla bla

ShadowDuke likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh games do play best on pc we got the widest range of input, output options, got a beefy enough pc you can run games at 4k and 60 or more fps, no console can do that they use scaling or frame rate limiting for almost all 4k output.

You can use head tracking or vr. You can get bluetooth and run your controller through that and game on your couch or beanbag chair.

And mods the pc gaming area is the only place you have mod options for many games not supported on consoles.

And emulators got old game? Just grab the newest emulator and upscale and AA it.

Facts do not really care about your feels.

PC is flat out the best gaming platform as long as publishers and devs will release their games on PC.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Back 2 topic, please. We dont need another pc/console discussion. ;)

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Depends, holds true for shooters though. Shooters on controllers is... meh.

ramthegamer and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Btw. if you plan getting the game the cheapest and only "two" days after official release (no Origin pre-play things..) - Black Friday is 23th. November and it should be 33% off, so 39,99$. The same was with Bf1 and BF4 for example. I dont see why not, maybe cos its only two days after release but prev. Battlefield titles were only one month, so... i plan on taking the deal.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Well they usually do since 90% of the time consoles are what the game is developed for

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The bit that I find a little bit humorous is that this is a Nvidia sponsored title with the Xbox One not having a Nvidia based gpu.

You are correct though, so many poor console ports, at least with this game we already know the engine runs well across multiple hardware types.

fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i m waiting for november 23 to get some games, shadow of tomb raider for example

jaggerwild likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Good call, will think about that.

13. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Does that apply internationally or just in countries that do black friday?

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Its a global discount cos of Black Friday, so internationally ^^

tensai28 and fantaskarsef like this.
  15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I would say that it's highly unlikely for a game to go 33% off only 2 days after release. EA is crazy but not stupid.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Look at Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Steam.
    EA did it before, too.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Man, i know they're trying hard on those solo mission but their formula just isn't working at all. Again short stories in which you don't even have the time to get any emotional connection to any characters.
    If Jackfrags feedback is accurate regarding this campaign, and they went again with some "battlefield-multiplayer scale" vs Bots as they did more and more since bf3, i'm gonna be seriously bored despite the pretty graphics and atmosphere.

It's like Bad Company 2 never happened.

It's funny how they now seems so attached to their solo campaign missions, while i always felt it was secondary to the core battlefield MP experience. CoD on the other hand, to me has always been the popcorn Hollywood solo campaign before anything else, and they had no worry ditching it.

I wish they focused all their attention to BFV multiplayer, as the FPS landscape is more and more competitive.
    At this pace i wouldn't be surprised if we had an Indie studio delivering a Battlefield-like experience with BF4 quality as free to play within the next couple years.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Pretty please, there hasn't been one in at least a few days ;)

19. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Not within the same week. If anything you might see a 10% discount.

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/launch-of-battlefield-5-is-just-the-beginning

What a joke. I'm sorry, but as a huge Battlefield fan that has been trying really hard to stay positive and keep my friends interested.. I have a hard time with this. What exactly is the game releasing with at launch? It's insane how much is clearly not ready... this game is clearly being rushed out in hopes of getting back some lost revenue from Battlefront(s).

Practice range and vehicle customization 1-2 months after the game releases?
    Grand operations 2-3 months?
    Battle Royale ~4 months?

Am I the only one around here that would prefer a game just not be released until it's ready?
    "A Live Service Journey Through the Second World War".. more like "A Full Priced Game Unlocked Within the Span of A Year". I just don't like this crap. I didn't like having to wait for the new levels in Hitman (reboot) and I definitely don't like paying for promises from EA. I was ok with some SP War Stories coming out later and even 'Battle Royale' being a month or two behind.. but not what seems to be like a lot of the meat and bones..

EA is kidding themselves here. Those executives are really out of touch with reality.

EDIT: I may have read the chart wrong. We may be getting an 'additional' Grand Operation mission in 2-3 months. It all still seems pretty underwhelming. I know expectations were probably too high, but I was hoping for something more and solid.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018