Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While I agree that the map design is way too sniper friendly, I would still prefer class limits as 'too many snipers' was a problem with the franchise long before this particular iteration.

Last time I checked, they didn't issue every soldier in WW2 with a sniper rifle.

I remember when BC2 went live there was a hill on one of the maps where there were always ~20 people sniping, it was hilarious (and tragic ;) )

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.
  2. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    As said before, its's a beta. And if I compare it with BF3, BF4 and hardline beta, it isn't much different, even better I might add.
    No doubt the big maps will be a different cake, and I do hope tanks wont be so overpowered as in previous games.
    No fun in players tanking the entire round and doing 50:1 or double that kdr.
    And after all, that's what we end up with when tanks stop destroying eachother and go for footsoldiers.

I'm still in doubt, but the game thusfar does pull a bit at me.Lets see the official reviews.

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I can't even get the damn game to run. I hit play and it looks like its loading, then it does nothing and goes back to the origin screen.

4. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I think the Beta is now finished

5. Jake-from-State-Farm

Jake-from-State-Farm Member

GPU:
    nVidia 1080-FE
    I was an alpha tester for BF5, and now as beta. As a big DICE fan, I just don't like the *feel* of BF5 to this point. I continue to play BF1 a great deal.

6. Jake-from-State-Farm

Jake-from-State-Farm Member

GPU:
    nVidia 1080-FE
    I was just playing beta BF5 an hour ago...

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    You have to go into compatibility settings, and disable full screen optimizations.

8. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Yep me too, we in New Zealand are already at 11 09 so I thought it was all over already. Can't wait for launch date to happen :)

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well I didn't change the auto graphic settings which were set to "Auto: high fidelity", and the below in detail settings were greyed out but only showed "ultra" at the time. I honestly did not try to set everything manually. I'm only playing 16:9, not widescreen, though. No hickups, no, seems I was "lucky" in that regard. Technically and performance wise the beta was spot on for me.

10. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Is there going to be Crossfire support for this game?

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I launched BF1 on a 64p map and kept a steady 95fps at Ultra (DX11). Then I tried BFV but cannot play in Ultra due to performance problems. Maybe my hiccups are due to using MSI AB? :) I read something about that in the thread concerning the next driver release.

signex likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah I don't even know which version of AB / RTSS I'm currently running tbh... might need to check that. But yeah I don't know, I was surprised when people said it performs worse than BF1 since I could not replicate that. Maybe if I'd have set all things manually it would have shown, thinking about the issue, who knows what the game really sets when you leave it at "auto max"

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I did that. I also watched youtube video's on it. No DICE! I'm not going to jump thru a bunch of hoops to play this game. I don't have much interest anyhow.

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I can relate, that's why I quit on BF1 even before the first expansion was released, when BF updates broke SLI support...

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Yea i think that was my issue as well, lately i played without MSI AB and it ran great.

There was a little bottleneck going on but i fixed it by setting resolution scale to 130% and haven't seen my FPS dip below 80fps.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I had performance problems with Alpha2. Alpha1 was fine. And open Beta ran like Alpha1 performance wise.I played the Beta for 15 hours. Randomly there was also a 1 sec freeze (gpu, 1 fps but the ram didnt run full) not reproducable for me.

I also mentioned the thing with RTSS/AB giving me like 20fps less in BF1 (and other games). I changed something lately but dont know what exactly anymore. Did some tests with AB and w/o, logged and for me it seems fixed now....it was weird enough to begin with so im glad thats sorted out (for now). Still, i have disabled AB from autostart and not using it anymore.

I also like the fact that Medic can give one ammo magazine now. Now im not spamming Q anymore but spamming MB3 (Gadget 3), but feels weird when you stop running , your actions, etc .when you press that button (or spam it). Tip; you can auto heal holding the same button you throw medic pouches and dont need to press/hold 5 on Keyboard. Which should aso be a key you can assign, cos there issnt one yet and you really need to get used to press/hold 5 in danger situations. Autohotkey should work to, but why just not let us assign the key.

Spawns are shitty as always and need also a lot of improvement. TTK is fine for me, even the low ammo count (tho two extra mags instead of one would be also fine, cos they already limited the usage of supply crates with a cool down for yourself). Noticed almost no one is playing medic. There were a lot of matches where i was the only medic on my team and i couldnt believe it.

Then you have the usual suspects playing Support and not throwing ammo pouches, tho there is no cool down and its unlimited.

White font on bright screen - bad idea. I have my problems, too. Icons above your teammates needs also better clarification what kit or the new roles, hes playing.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  17. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Come play with me Duke, I'm almost always medic, now rank 95 in BF1 almost all as a medic :)

ShadowDuke likes this.
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Damn, I should have tried without MSI AB. The Beta is over now right?

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    It is over now, yeah :)

Netherwind likes this.
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    For now i've canceled my pre order. will surely grab the game in the weeks after release as i loved alphas and betas. Just prioritizing GPU renewal for now