Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    M1A at the start, STG44 near the end.

What I don't like is the "sneaky" P2W that's in the game. Get the deluxe version for extra "assignments".

Guess how much ingame money you get without assignments... not much.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    EA is trying to get more money from SJWs. And they're falling for it too.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well I hope I can troll them in the full game by playing as a paraplegic black albino woman getting accused for cheats.

Dragam1337 and Solfaur like this.

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    I only played a little but the best thing about this game is the TTK. You don't need a whole magazine to kill. But what's with the menus? The background pictures are awful. They make it difficult to read the white text. There was one instance where my name in the squad screen was completely invisible. And when you get to the spawn screen with the overview, it goes all blinding bright white until it dissipates to see the map. Who thought that was a good idea?

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Figured out how to get around the render res being anything other than default bug with sli... first set the render res to whatever you want it to be, then simply change the actual resolution to something other than your native res, then change back to native res, then it works beautifully :p

4k ultra @ 120% render res

[​IMG]

XenthorX likes this.
  7. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    So is there any map with massive vehicular warfare going on? Or is it just on-foot with some light vehicles and 1 or 2 tanks?

The last BF game I played a lot of was BF2 (still own the retail version). Now THAT was a great game (so was the original BF1942, and Desert Combat; but BF2 for me was the pinnacle of the franchise). I also liked BF2142, that one is often forgotten but it was fun.

Singleton99 and XenthorX like this.
  8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    ROFL @The censorship.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Yeah I was wanting to ask the same thing too, will the game have any battlefield type maps? or just these small compressed type maps?

Here's another one.

*edit*

So it just clicked in my head how funny it is that the term white man is being censored after all the other nonsense EA have sparked with this new game... this is the funniest thing I have ever seen about any video game in my entire life.

My thought process went like this, "hang on I'm white aren't I"..... "and I'm a man".... "so they don't want me in their game".... I know this is so stupid but it made me laugh so much after all the other bullshitery, ohhh man EA have dug such a huge hole.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Corrupt^, DocStrangelove and Solfaur like this.
  10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super

I don't even know what to say...

It's almost like EA *WANTS* to go bankrupt. If i'd write a book "A 5 years business plan - How to alienate your fanbase, burn cash with useless advertising and have your stockholders running for the hills" it would turn out exactly like what EA does atm. xD

Corrupt^ and Solfaur like this.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Another pet peeve of me is this forced teamplay garbage.

It doesn't work, stop doing it, you're simply gimping and limiting players their potential (and both casuals and hardcore players are annoyed by it). If you want to improve teamplay in a shooter there's only 1 solution really: get a really good ingame (or origin based) VoIP client with lots of options and low latency.

The basis of good teamplay doesn't lie in mechanics, it develops itself over time with good communication. When will developers learn this, seriously?

Squads with good teamplay in previous BF titles usually had 1 thing in common: They were on teamspeak/ventrilo/discord with their buddies. If you want to spread this to the masses and casuals, give them proper VoIP options built into the game!!

The only change I can stand with is retuning health regen. I think it should regen to a 100% but it should take longer then in previous titles.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    There OUGHT to be at least a few of those maps, like there was in bf4... but they will probably be massive in size, so probably the last maps to be finished :)

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I must be the only one here actually loving this game. :D

signex and big ROBOT bill like this.
  15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Nagh I love a lot of the changes they have made, mainly because a lot of them are from BF2 aka the best battlefield. People have totally forgot that game had NO hp regen.

I get the issues with "forced teamplay" but I feel if they ever want to go back to how it was in bf2 e.g no people just running and pretended to be rambo then changes needed to happen.

People will learn I'm already seeing more team play than in bf1.

I love that 3d spotting is finally dead

attrition is good but needs a tiny bit of tweaking

low re gen is a good thing smart use of your bandage reminds me of rising storm

The alpha 2 ttk was better imo it was a bit longer but it does feel great back raging on a group and been able to take 3 of them down in 1 mag

Also this build is around 1 month old a lot of bugs are fixed already but I still worry that another month is not enough, The game needs to launch with a lot of content and not be a repeat of the battlefront games.

XenthorX likes this.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Good point!

From my experience a good MP game 'encourages' team play by giving teams of 2+ players more options but otherwise do not restrict all lone wolf players. Players that can't be arsed to run around with team mates have their experiences / reasons not to.

If you feel restricted as a lone wolf and all the normal gameplay options are only available within a team it feels forced. These games are usually avoided by me cause online you just cant trust ppl. Team hits, grenade kills, vehicle crashes, giving away position while you try to stealth - these are just some examples i've witnessed over the years.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    You clearly see bf2 as the holy grail, but alot of people don't, myself included. Imo bf2 is way too tryhard, and it ranks amongst the lowest on my favourite battlefield games list. I like bf3 alot better with auto healing, and generally alot more friendly to solo players.

18. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Game runs pretty good on my rig.
    Between 70 and 90 fps 1080p high settings, and same at 1440p low settings, although the latter has it sit around 75 fps most of the time.
    Not bad for that old 2600k.
    As for the gameplay, I found camping and sneaking around give much more kills, running towards your goals gets you killed quicker.
    Not impressed by it either, just your average run&gun game with some nice aesthetics.
    We have to see if that all remains though, in the final game, probably some bigger maps will cause more fps drops etc etc.

As for the rest, feels clunky in movement and shooting. Oh, and I do hope there will be more achievements to unlock, as well as weapon unlocks, or else I feel many will quit before 6 months have past.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Love the game, a step up compared to bf1 in every regard as far as i'm concerned

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Imo it's just annoying, means you have to run to the supply all the time as a solo player... it's just tedious, it doesn't bring anything to the gameplay.

Everyone is talking about "team play", but nearly everyone are just playing by themselfs - barely anyone is playing in a clan or the likes of it, so it seems rather retarded to try and force team play between random people, who aren't communicating in any way.

Thankfully it's fairly easy to play as a solo player... just play as medic, where you can self heal all the time...

Solfaur likes this.