Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    I can barely play the thing.
    It either freezes my PC or crashes the video driver.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Sick, what were you playing as ?

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Sold my 1080, recorded my last 2Hours of Battlefield 5 beta before that. Was fun to play in squad with JackFrags, love his content!

Now then... 1080-ti/2080/2080-ti let's wait and see... !

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    It would have been pretty pointless to sell your 1080, if you don't upgrade to a 2080 ti... otherwise it will be a minor upgrade for a whole lot of money.

XenthorX likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Guys i reckon i have found the optimal bf5 version - the nintendo 64 edition :p

[​IMG]

Zenoth, XenthorX and Solfaur like this.
  6. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    @UnrealGaming what the hell hahaha ! This is hilarious, wtf "white man" really?!

@Dragam1337 Got a good price out of it really

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
  9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    M1A at the start, STG44 near the end.

What I don't like is the "sneaky" P2W that's in the game. Get the deluxe version for extra "assignments".

Guess how much ingame money you get without assignments... not much.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    EA is trying to get more money from SJWs. And they're falling for it too.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Well I hope I can troll them in the full game by playing as a paraplegic black albino woman getting accused for cheats.

Dragam1337 and Solfaur like this.
  12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    I only played a little but the best thing about this game is the TTK. You don't need a whole magazine to kill. But what's with the menus? The background pictures are awful. They make it difficult to read the white text. There was one instance where my name in the squad screen was completely invisible. And when you get to the spawn screen with the overview, it goes all blinding bright white until it dissipates to see the map. Who thought that was a good idea?

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Figured out how to get around the render res being anything other than default bug with sli... first set the render res to whatever you want it to be, then simply change the actual resolution to something other than your native res, then change back to native res, then it works beautifully :p

4k ultra @ 120% render res

[​IMG]

XenthorX likes this.
  14. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    So is there any map with massive vehicular warfare going on? Or is it just on-foot with some light vehicles and 1 or 2 tanks?

The last BF game I played a lot of was BF2 (still own the retail version). Now THAT was a great game (so was the original BF1942, and Desert Combat; but BF2 for me was the pinnacle of the franchise). I also liked BF2142, that one is often forgotten but it was fun.

Singleton99 and XenthorX like this.
  15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    ROFL @The censorship.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Yeah I was wanting to ask the same thing too, will the game have any battlefield type maps? or just these small compressed type maps?

Here's another one.

*edit*

So it just clicked in my head how funny it is that the term white man is being censored after all the other nonsense EA have sparked with this new game... this is the funniest thing I have ever seen about any video game in my entire life.

My thought process went like this, "hang on I'm white aren't I"..... "and I'm a man".... "so they don't want me in their game".... I know this is so stupid but it made me laugh so much after all the other bullshitery, ohhh man EA have dug such a huge hole.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Corrupt^, DocStrangelove and Solfaur like this.
  17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super

I don't even know what to say...

It's almost like EA *WANTS* to go bankrupt. If i'd write a book "A 5 years business plan - How to alienate your fanbase, burn cash with useless advertising and have your stockholders running for the hills" it would turn out exactly like what EA does atm. xD

Corrupt^ and Solfaur like this.
  18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Another pet peeve of me is this forced teamplay garbage.

It doesn't work, stop doing it, you're simply gimping and limiting players their potential (and both casuals and hardcore players are annoyed by it). If you want to improve teamplay in a shooter there's only 1 solution really: get a really good ingame (or origin based) VoIP client with lots of options and low latency.

The basis of good teamplay doesn't lie in mechanics, it develops itself over time with good communication. When will developers learn this, seriously?

Squads with good teamplay in previous BF titles usually had 1 thing in common: They were on teamspeak/ventrilo/discord with their buddies. If you want to spread this to the masses and casuals, give them proper VoIP options built into the game!!

The only change I can stand with is retuning health regen. I think it should regen to a 100% but it should take longer then in previous titles.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    There OUGHT to be at least a few of those maps, like there was in bf4... but they will probably be massive in size, so probably the last maps to be finished :)

20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW