Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I am enjoying the beta a lot. TTK feels great. The game needs a lot of polish and bug fixes though, so I am really happy they pushed the game back a bit.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Graphics are the same as bf1

Shataan likes this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I think that BF looks better than ever (except the water which has strange reflections) but is way more demanding than ever, which is strange. Both Rotterdam and Narvik maps are huge and very detailed.

Back to performance, it's utter crap. And turning down from Ultra to High didn't have as big impact on performance as I thought. So far it's not possible to play the game at a locked 95fps @ 3440x1440. There are also some frametime spikes that are annoying.

I also don't like that it takes forever to get back in the game. 5 seconds to skip "call for aid" and then another 7 seconds (+ more if the squad guy is under fire). Takes a lot of the pace away. I also think they should make the enemy that shot you more visible in the "death cam". If it's some stupid sniper far off then you won't see him.

XenthorX and Solfaur like this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong by not using DX12 (I didn't use the slider to enable it), keeping settings at "auto: max fidelity" (everything ultra and "maxed out"?), the game runs comparable to BF1 DX11 for me... did I set something wrong? For me the game runs fine, just like BF1. No hickups, no lag, no frame drops that I'd have noticed.

The game looks okay, but honestly, I felt more impressed by BF1's look compared to this... what's that grain filter supposed to do? Give you eye cancer? Most useless post processing ever encountered. The soldiers look okay, animations are okay, but I don't see how this game is supposed to be a graphical update over BF4, which now is 5 years old...

As for the gameplay itself... yeah it's boring. Really. I did play, but only after an hour I already wondered why there was even another game, all we've seen so far could have been a simple reskin, nothing new at all compared to BF4, let alone BF1.
    The part where you need to hold a mouse button to skip to a "faster" respawn is just utter BS... think about it, you have to hold a button for seconds just to do what would happen anyways, that you die? Stupid, I can understand that you have to "hold on" that mouse button to wait and cry for help (which never happens in the BETA).
    And yes the constant shortage of ammo would help make squad play with resupplies more important, but that doesn't happen... you can't force people to be team players. You see the top squad usually consists of team players, but the general population of a server could as well play Serious Sam.

The company is just a way of trying to get people to sooner or later spend money on cosmetics, although the options when you go through the weapon's customisation is really a joke, nothing in there even remotely looks like I'd want to unlock it. I personally see this as a failed, useless "feature", not an innovation or selling point of the game.

The beta syndrome is strong here again, nobody revives, you have to hope to get some resupplies, and people are just as dumb as it gets. In 3 hours of playing yesterday only a gingle guy was smart enough to play the game like a squad (retreating when he was the last guy around, giving orders, playing the way the classes should e.g. teamwork with rez, tank attack, resupply and spotting).

All in all, this game is such a disappointment... I'd be all in for WW2 Battlefield, but this is just worse than BF1942, way worse than it was back then. Not a single system here makes it play any different than back then tbh. And I've played my share of BF1942 and especially BF2, which still is the best BF game of them all.

Ultimately I won't put money in it, unless all of my RL friends get it, but I don't see that happening either. (One of my friends said he'd get it for PS4 because his PC was to old to play it... good riddance with your potato.)

Singleton99, Solfaur and ramthegamer like this.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Did they censor "DLC" in the chat? That seems to be a banned word and you can't type it.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    theres a lot of words that are banned, also ffs ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    the graphics are better than bf4, but i don t see any difference btw it and bf1, game already looks great anyway, but i don t see why anyone would have any kind of motive to buy the new rtx vgas to play this game which totally can run fine on high settings using a gtx 970...where is ray tracing, etc...

Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I noticed that too, DLC, and other words that have nothing to do with swearing, it's hilarious. Best part though, and I must admit I abused this in chat a bit when I found out, is that out of everything, the word "Hitler" is not censored... lmao.

9. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    Beta is ok got bored after a few rounds, Performance for me was great Ultra @ 60 feels a lot like Battlefront, No squad team play as far as i could see, Maps are to small, Will be giving this one a miss.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Srsly, they didnt censor hitler but all the shortenings ^^

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tried it on my (base) ps4 and there was a horrible microstutter unfortunately. Tried two games and both were like that so I guess it's a beta problem.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I'm worried seeing people saying they have no issues with a 1080 Ti. My GPU usage is all over the place, 50-60%.

EDIT: This is of my last session on grand operations: http://prntscr.com/kru1ql

All Ultra btw, 2560x1080, HBAO, TAA High on.
    My CPU is Ryzen 1600@4ghz (Temp max is 66c)
    Temperature of my GPU was only 69c with fan speed set to 80%.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Played some more... and I realized what a massive grind the game will be with the current weapons upgrade system. Basically as it stands now, in order to make the weapons decent you have to spend points on 2 different trees for each weapon. And if you want both trees, apparently you'll have to buy the gun twice in the final game. Multiply that by however many guns there will be and oh man, some serious grinding, especially if you also want to go for cosmetics.

However, after 6 hours, I can say that the game does have some good parts too. They are just overshadowed by a lot of other things that are not so great, to say the least. They definitely need to increase the pacing of the game, all the animations of deploying bipods, entering/exiting vehicles etc. etc. take way too long, coupled with the fast TTK, it can lead to some serious frustration. Attrition too needs to be nerfed, for both infantry and tanks, I'm basically forced to play the tank like a dick camper, just so I can be close to a resupply pile. Also you should automatically get ammo/health when next to a resupply pile/crate, having to constantly click E on everything leaves you open to enemy fire.

I find it funny though, when people call this game a BF1 reskin, it's a completely different game. I for one would have been GLAD if that was the case, since I find the pacing to be a lot better in BF1, couple that with TTK from BFV in a proper WW2 setting and it would have been more than enough.

Rotterdam map is simply bad, Narvik makes up for it. Again though, not having iconic battles at launch will hurt this game a LOT. Coupled with all the other problems, by the time they get to Stalingrad/Kursk/D-Day etc. aka in a year from now at least, it will be way, waaay too late.

fantaskarsef and ShadowDuke like this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Played it for 2 hours, uninstalled it and have no plans to buy it.

Feels like a reskin, totally uninspired with their idiotic 'interpretation' of history, no thanks EA.

First time I wont be buying a BF game since it's inception and man does it feel good.

I don't always agree with Mack but he hits the nail squarely on the head with that video.

cerebus23 and ramthegamer like this.
  15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Jeeses christ the sniping is getting out of hand.

With the open mapdesign, lack of cover and better snipers compared to BF3 / BF4, you can't even play tactical, sit still for 1 second and you're sniped. Running around like a monkey with an STG44 is literally the best way to inflict some damage to enemy infantry.

And the bridge on Narvik is literally designed so that whenever you shoot from cover, you're exposed to the rest of the map... which means getting sniped again.

fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    What ram do you have ?

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    The first 100+ of BF V for me:

[​IMG]

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Video or it didn't happen.

DLC is now hate speech.

XenthorX and Solfaur like this.
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DLC did nothing wrong.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

The good old days where swearing was ok in video games where the aim is to kill people.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Singleton99 and XenthorX like this.