Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Fuzzy? That’s just a setup thing.

2. GarrettL

GarrettL Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2070S
    I would agree. BF imo has always had an edge over CoD graphically.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Has always had. Honestly I don’t see that still, even though CoD has never been about graphics.
    It has never been the game people bragged about concerning graphics, like Crysis or now almost any Frostbite game.
    It’s impossible for me to go back not because the graphics turned out so nicely, but because the gameplay is so good.
    They really improved this nicely with several great, new features that I’ve never experienced like this before.

ramthegamer likes this.
  4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    That doesn’t look anywhere close to max. Set DOF according to taste, keep render resolution at 100, but especially keep filmic strength at 1 and film grain at 0.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Hmmm something must not be quite right. True the SP is superior, but this is probably one of the best looking COD's to date. I pay at 4k so things are sharp for me, but even at 2k I was pleasantly happy with how it looks.

So EVERYTHING is at max?

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    That s true they improved the gunplay and now it s so satisfying after you setup your weapon right, the gunplay is really something to behold,can t play any other game

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So a year and a half after its delayed release DICE has now announced that the upcoming summer update will be BF5's last

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-23-dice-to-move-on-from-battlefield-5-after-summer-update

The game will apparently continue to receive tweaks and they will continue to work on anti-cheat ( LOL! )

All I can personally say is what a colossal mess. If I had the chance to ask DICE some questions, they would be along the lines of:

- Was it worth it to pander to SJW's in the marketing ? You know that loud minority that won't even play the game ?
    - Was it worth it to attack the loyal fans who criticised you for injecting modern political agenda to the game and then telling them not to buy the game if they don't like it ?
    - Was it worth it to launch the game without a working anti-cheat system ?
    - Was it worth it to tack on a Battle Royale mode just because everyone else was at it, taking valuable manpower away from the core game development ?
    - Was it worth it to mess around with the damage system that was already working great and make changes that no one asked for ?

I could probably go on but you get the idea. Yeah I know, its not like they're pulling the plug fully on the game and it will remain playable for years to come but they were so behind this whole "Live service" thing and now the U-turn. I'm glad I bought the game half price a month after its release because I do think I got my money's worth and I will probably jump on at some point to play a bit more if they announce a working anti-cheat solution but I really feel for the guys who paid full price or bought an ultimate edition or have been buying skins and stuff with real money.

A quick note on the whole DLC vs. free updates as I've seen some people say that the game failed because they had no income from paid DLC. The new CoD is doing pretty well from what I've seen and they release free content updates. If DICE wanted to go the way of paid DLC, in my opinion it should have been the paid expansion model instead of a collection of smaller paid DLC's but ultimately, this game was content starved from day 1.

I guess work is already well away for the next Battlefield where they will no doubt try and damage control as much as possible but even with all the good times I did manage to have with BF5, I think I will definitely not buy the game at launch as this whole thing left a pretty bad taste in my mouth in the end.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    For me it was a failure from the 1st trailer on. Shame. All they needed to do was BF3 with a WW2 theme and ppl would've loved it.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    im glad aswell that i bought the game for only 25 euros..

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    and warzone is really amazing

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    it has and always will, but the gunplay in the new COD is just second to none, i can t go back to bf after playing cod this year, it is that good

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    BFV is also the first BF game that will never get fixed. Most had a rough launch, BF1 being the exception, but they all got eventually fixed, BF4 being the best example. With BFV they just dropped the ball so big time, that unless the next BF will be a massive, MASSIVE hit, I fear the franchise will truly die out. And given how they "handled" BFV for 1.5 years, I have very little faith in DICE's ability to make a good game.

What boggles me the most, is the fact that BF1 (even if not everybody liked it) was flawless execution. Fantastic trailer, great alpha/beta, good launch (compared to oher BF launches), authenticity (it literally made me buy and read 2 books on WWI after reading all the codex entries in-game) - NOT realism, stunning visuals (still looks WAY better than BFV), great support - CTE(!), loads of content and most of all - loads of "only in battlefield moments". Now, how the hell do you manage to go from THAT to a broken, unfinished (to put it mildly) clusterfuck of a game within such short time is mind boggling indeed.

The political bullshit at the start, was just the cherry on top. Remember they even had some sort of "SJW PARTY" after launch where they mocked their players base? Such behavior can not and should not be forgotten, because that was all DICE, no more EA blame bandwagon.

On a personal note, I didn't pay 1$ for the game, as I got it gifted to me. I played a lot more than I should, but then again I also played hundreds of hours of SWBF2 before it got "good". If there's one thing this game had going for it - that was the gunplay. And even that wasn't always the case with all the TTK back and forth. But other than that? Nothing, horrible. Hence why I mostly played the small format game modes, which are by no means "batlefield-like"....

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Not gonna lie they lost me completely at, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    As one of the few people around the globe who seems to be safe from taking the infamous SJW argument serious, I still think they killed the franchise for me personally.
    I have played and bought EVERY Battlefield game for the PC in the last two decades except Hardline (which was as much a Battlefield game as [insert game of your choice which is not BF]), and they just... did not offer anything of value anymore.
    I uninstalled the game and won't visit it again, whatever they do, since the game, after almost two decades, is still bug ridden and influenced by the wrong ideas for gameplay. Netcode still is an issue with this game, so is cheating.

BF2, BF3, BF4, BFBC2, BF2142, I loved you, the rest is just blocking hard disk space. I'm out, and the next Battlefield game has to be 2143 or something like that to even catch my interest.
    Good riddance, old love, catch you on the flipside.

ShadowDuke and KissSh0t like this.
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Anyone feels like reinstalling bf1 and playing it?

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Not really. To me the series went to sh*t (as they say) after BF4.

• 1942 - Amazing
    • Veitnam - Amazing
    • BF2 - Best in series
    • 2142 - Good but not my cup of tea
    • Bad Company 2 - Amazing
    • BF3 - My 2nd favourite in the series
    • BF4 - Very good
    • BF1 - Crap
    • BFV - Crap

For me the last 2 games never recaptured the essence of BF games. The next game has to be set in the near future, a modern setting with all the cool weaponry etc. But meh, that's just my opinion.

ramthegamer, Dragam1337 and KissSh0t like this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Same boat.. it kind of hurts to think that something I've loved for so long has been changed into something I no longer find enjoyment in...

Still kind of wish we had veteran status with the little 2 next to out username haha.

Hey EA, here's an idea to get more players into the series, "free" game with a Pizza Hut special deal.. 2 large pizzas with some garlic bread and a large bottle of coke and a copy of Battlefield 5.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    What do you guys think will be next in line?

I say they announce something like 'back to dah rootz' and go for a BF2/BF3 remake since todays world actually looks a lot like the BF2 scenario (China vs Russia vs US/Europe).

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It will be Bad Company 3 or 2143... can't see it being anything other than one of those two.

cops and robbers 2.... *stares off into the distance*

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    It will 99.99% be in that "modern" (or say very slightly futuristic, as in 5 years from now) setting. They can't and won't risk any other setting. But if they managed to screw over WWII so bad, screwing up a modern setting is not out of the question. The sheer amount of movies and documentaries that are out there about WWII, all they had to to was copy those or recreate the battles as seen in those movies. I'm so pissed that I will never see Stalingrad/D-Day/Bulge and others in Frostbite engine...:mad: