Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    No... did you bother to read this thread before? :D
    j/k, but no, you are by far not alone. Only this time I'd wish for balanced tanks (PAC hover tank was far more powerful due to it's mobility), and 100% TITAN MODE. If they don't have titan mode, I wouldn't even bother buying that game.

emperorsfist likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    They could make the walking mech so awesome with frostbite, mech was my favorite thing... and the rdx and invisibility cloak.

The way unlocking things worked in 2142 was just so awesome, I actually never managed to unlock everything, and when you saw a high ranked player, YOU KNEW DAMN WELL THEY WERE A GOOD PLAYER.

3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    I would've liked BF 2142 more if the environment would look a bit more modern. Those mechs running around normal farm houses always looked kinda awkward to me.

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I mean, the walkers look and feel good in Battlefront (as do the overall visuals), so making the mechs and Titans cool in, idk, "Battlefield 2143" should be possible. Add to it some nice SP module for all the factions (since Dice seems to love the "stories" format nowadays), because the factions won't be burdened by less than illustrious history, and I think people would love it. They should steer clear of making it overtly "epic" and overblown like the futuristic CoDs, though. I liked how the game still felt believable.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    As much as I would love a truly futuristic BF like 2142 in frostbyte, after the massive flop that was BFV, my bets on the setting of the next one are 99% modern, in the sense of BF3/4/CODMW reboot, or at best a "semi-futuristic" say 5-10 years tech advance, at best.

I just don't see neither EA or DICE have the balls to go for something more "risky" at this point. BF1 was a risk, and imo it payed off, because DICE still had the ability to make a good product at launch and support it with polished DLC. The exact opposite happened (and is still happening right now) with BFV... so my "faith" in DICE is at an all-time low.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    Did something happen in the last update or two? I literally have gigabit ethernet (approx 800 mbps average down and approx 100 up), and yet since the last update or two despite trying multiple servers, and despite having sub 50 ms ping, I seem to have major packet loss /latency issues and rubber banding.

I've tried rebooting my router and verifying the game files, it will go away and come back randomly. I did some googling and I see some other people encountering this, is it just another bug in this game? Issue has been around for weeks. It also doesn't manifest in any other way whether playing another game, downloading other files, watching 4K netflix, etc.

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    I'm afraid most people that contributed to those games have jumped ship a while ago.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yeah, same with original Battlefield. I still think rumors are true that Dice LA is going to develope BC3, soon. :D

9. GarrettL

GarrettL Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2070S
    That’s the only way Dice is going to get another cent from me.

And then they’ll do the same to it as BFV.

10. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Am i the only one who bought Cops & Robbers for the SP story only? :D

Kolt likes this.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    That crap had a sp? :D

12. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    It did and it was actually great fun. Some ppl would fake giving up and draw a weapon when you pulled out your handcuffs!

Kolt, fantaskarsef and Solfaur like this.
  13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yes I bought Hardline for the SP only. It is the ONLY BF game (besides 1942) where I have less than 100 hours and only played the SP. Every other BF game I have ~300+ hours at least.

Ironically I only played Hardline SP once and could never do it again because of the forced low FoV for SP. I've tried since and there is no solution that I can find. Game makes me feel sick after playing a bit. I remember it being a pretty good SP game so it's a damn shame they locked the FoV like they did.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    *grumbles* Hardline and calling it BF.... *is a grumpy old man*

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I mean.. it is a BF game. Not exactly my favorite or where I'd want the series to go but it's still a BF game!

Personally I wish Visceral was put on a new action horror IP or something but we got what we got :/

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I know it's from the makers of Battlefield (or not), but what always defined BF compared to COD and other shooter games for most of that matter (vehicles, gadgets and classes), was missing in a lot of games... and iirc Hardline had little in terms of vehicles, and certainly no air or naval ones, no real tanks... it felt as if they wanted to make a BF game that's aimed to cater to Black Ops themes as well as Heist themes...

But it's my opinion, and you can call it BF game any you want, I just meant I still can't believe they actually made this a thing but never gave PC players 1943...

Kolt and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  17. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    That's BF5. Happy now? ;)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    As I already had origin open three times to uninstall BF5, I think you can imagine my answer to your question :D

Kolt and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Ohhh man nostalgia, I remember seeing the cool trailer for 1943 when I was at a lan party and getting so excited for it only for it to be a console game... that was the worst betrayal ever.

xD

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  20. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Yeah i remember i was thinking the same when this trailer hit. And when i heard BF5 would go back to WW2 the old 1943 hype came back. However that Superwoke trailer with the cyberarm girl destroyed that hype in minutes.
    -sigh- :(

KissSh0t likes this.