Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Can someone explain why theres only 5 Servers with the new maps in CQ currently on EU, at this time!? Queue up to 10 all of them and no emtpy servers, wth!?

2. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    Played with some fellow gurus finally and we kicked ass on the new Pacific maps.

Good teamwork!

XenthorX, Kolt and big ROBOT bill like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the bf v apology tour continues ;p.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Played “Iwo Jima” last night, and it looked just like in the movies.
    Setting-wise really great, but just like in real life the fights felt really, really unbalanced. We played breakthrough and it was really tough.
    Not in a fun way though, but felt like a lot of work somehow.
    Love the Garand, as that’s possibly “the” iconic weapon that I’d connect WW2 games and gameplay to, but now with more factions the UI feels totally out of its comfort zone. I can only imagine how it’ll look with all the main factions at the end...

signex likes this.

5. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I started laughing when I saw the title screen, it looks like Jimmy Carr :D

[​IMG]

Repo Man, signex and big ROBOT bill like this.
  6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Do we have a Platoon i dont know anymore....its much better to notice if someone is playing and easier to join. I think we only have a BF1 platoon.

Edit: Found none. So i created one. Search for guru3D (g3D) and feel free to join. ;) happy gaming.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I like iwo jima map

XenthorX and big ROBOT bill like this.
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Maybe i should install BF1942 again, still plenty of servers running.

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    For real? there's still servers?

Edit: tested the Pacific update map today - Really good, felt like the battlefield game i miss.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You read about the new changes coming, back!? procreating retards!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/dwueiv/community_broadcast_chapter_5_check_in/
    3d spotting back and ttk changes, just procreating ridiculous. So once again, i wont play this new pos! I also dont care they're sweet talking this crap right now, "3d spotting is only for you..." (whats next!? breathing sounds only you hear at a certain range, and they differ from each nation!?) and for ttk, you need almost twice as more bullets at 50m as you needed before, lolz!

And wanna bet, a few weeks after its live they going to revert back bevause no one procreating asked for this crap!!!

Kolt likes this.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yes. And honestly I just stopped playing altogether when I read about the upcoming changes. Completely destroying the game..

And yes, I realize all the information isn't quite out yet.. but I don't think I need every bit of info to realize what they are trying to do. They want the game easier for the noobs during Christmas. I don't care what anyone tries to tell you, it's the only logical explanation and the gunplay is going to be a lot worse. They claim that they are going to modify weapon stats to accommodate for needing (in some cases) 4+ more rounds at 20+ meters to kill.. but what does that mean exactly? No recoil? FG42 is going to have 40 rounds now? What exactly are we going to end up playing here? Laser beams?

Unless they revert... I'm out. No point in playing a game that is trying hard to just piss off the core audience in favor of only hoping to bring in the mass casuals. In reality by making everyone a bullet sponge and putting red dots over everyone's heads again you are only going to make it easier for good players to continue butchering the bad players.. except now the gunplay won't be as fun or rewarding to the shooter. BF5 has (had?) amazing gunplay and gameplay because you could actually flank and gun down your opponents effectively. If they want players to die less and stick around more, maybe Dice should invest in some better training and in-game communication outside of glaring icons over the enemy's head.. but let's face it.. there are ALWAYS going to be bad players flooding your game. Some of these bad players just need to sit down and learn how to play. You can't just dumb the game down to where your core gets upset and leaves. Do they really think new players are going to come in and make that much of a difference? Very daft.

Last year their TTK increase I stopped playing until they reverted it. I'll do the same here. I don't want to play Fortnite. And I really didn't want to moan and groan about it.. but that's the reality. I enjoy BF5 for the tighter TTK and simply will not enjoy it any longer if they go down this route.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Same with me. I'd love them to stick to the earliest version they released, like alpha/beta or release. Not with all their weird changes with high TTK and now even "easy mode" spotting.

Kolt likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    DICE are very good at this, they just keep changing stuff until a new iteration of Battlefield is released.

The one that still to this day pisses me off is when they replaced Battlefield Bad Company 2's networking / bullet drop for Medal of Honor's networking / bullet drop.... I still remember starting the game, getting into a match and thinking what the frack is happening to my bullets.

fantaskarsef and Kolt like this.
  14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    How the hell has DICE still not managed to sort out the cheaters in this game ? Decided to update the game after a long break to try the new maps, 2nd game I get in and there's a cheater just merrily wiping out my entire team in conquest. So frustrating because I think at its core its still a decent enough BF and I actually prefer BFV over BF1. Thank god I didn't pay full price for this.

ramthegamer likes this.
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    They dont care!? Even if you give them cristal clear evidence with a video showing the cheater in action 1st person doing more than obvious cheater stuff - still not banned. So yeah, wtf!? This has been since,..? forever!? They cant and wont develope an anti cheat system which actually works. So annoyed be the fact that theres still a ton of "obvious" cheater in this game and all past BF games.
    What happe nwith Fairfight detecting people doing like 10 kills in 30 seconds!? Auto kick/ban it was once, and now!? Nothing.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I think it's time to uninstall soon.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Has anyone with NVidia hardware noticed that the November update for Windows 10 (1909) fixed the stuttering and DX12 performance in BF5?

DX12 now performs significantly better than DX11 for me, and more importantly, there isn't anymore of that weird hitching/stuttering that used to occur.

19. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Seems to be pretty good for me too now, When I got into a map I hadn't played for a while it hitched a bit for a few seconds, but then ran smooth again

Carfax likes this.
  20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Game runs overall better with 1909. Im using dx11 tho.

Carfax likes this.