Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    second on my team leaderboard playin medic like a bo finally gettin a feel for the game wreckin the enemy a plane blows me up and the game crashes to desktop i sit starin at my screen

game hates me

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Not really. I still can’t understand how they started off nicely and then destroy it with their weird “balancing” patches, time after time.

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Too many hands getting involved. Hands connected to corporate mentality and lack of understanding of shooters.

I have played a few rounds after the latest patch. It's not game breaking or as dramatically bad as some say (have to bare in mind that these days, even if the wind blows in the wrong direction there will be a crowd protesting against mother nature somewhere lol) , but you can certainly tell its not the same game it was a few months ago.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  4. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    r u serious?? ive been playin the game only a few days and the amount of flaws are both immediate and jarrin the more that i play the more im left feelin like im playing something that is still in its phase one release window both inconceivably unfinished unpolished feelin its difficult to comprehend the game bein one year old as it stands today.

aiming in BFV feels floaty imprecise often weak with it if I get a kill i feel almost lucky compared with BF1 fact is goin back to BF1 which i still have installed alongside it feels more complete and has better polish in every way its how BFV should feel and play as of today n the gap between the two is fkin huge.; its embarrassing n makes the changes made in Battlefront II from release to today look like a work of art.

all im left feelin is that the DICE of old is long gone cos they at least eventualy managed to make moves that had a positive impact on the game overtime u dont have to look far to see that the BFV community is about as disilusioned and frustrated with the game as any community can be with a game n every change made is two step back instead of a step even only a baby step forward to makin the game what it should have been all along,

if i feel this way after only a few days i cant imagin how long term players must feel best fps by miles could not be farther from the truth when the game they release in 2016 makes the new release look and feel so poor.

AATT likes this.

5. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    what else? how about im done replyin to bots?? ask a constructive full fledged question and i will serve up a constructive thoughtful answer.

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Pay no attention, he is just trying to annoy you.

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Yeah, report his posts...

8. AATT

AATT Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    There cannot be any excuse for this game, ever.
    No need to craft fancy parables about the wind and nature, I just find that silly.

9. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    The only reason why SWBF2 was saved - more than that, it's gotten a revival and is a fantastic game now - was Disney grabbing EA by the balls due to all the negative backlash. I am pretty sure there were some sort of clauses where they could sue EA/cancel SW licence. So it was either this, or huge $$$ loss.

With BFV, EA/Dice do what they want, and it shows...

Kolt and Dragam1337 like this.

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Then say that. You are a human being who has the mental capacity to convey a structured sentence.

As for your question, Battlefront 2 is doing very well.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    I totally agree with you, but "what else" is vague, whether you read it in a good or bad mood.

Anyways, are you playing battlefront 2? You should if you are urging for a BF title to play. I know they are very addictive, but honestly like I said in my previous post, bf5 in its current stage is still playable.

13. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    LMAO, so true. I'm just waiting for DICE to move on with the next iteration of Battlefield. BFV has unfortunately gone on for way too long. Couple that with BF1s run-time and it's been several years since a really good BF experience was available, IMO.

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    My problem with Battlefront 2 is that I refuse to go out and buy another Dice game because the current Dice game was ruined by Dice. See the problem there? I'm more at a "screw Dice" mindset right now and don't really want to give them anymore money until they figure out what it is exactly they are doing with Battlefield.

That.. and isn't Battlefront 2 both 3rd and 1st person? I don't see how that could be fun knowing anyone can be peeking every corner.. maybe I'm missing something. I guess you just have to really look at the two games differently and accept that. I'd be willing to do that if it wasn't a Dice game though haha.

Yeah.. I'm a little butt hurt about BF5 and am not a fan of Dice right now. They are completely out of their minds when it comes to BF5 at least.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Anyone noticing stuttering again with DX12 after this latest patch? The game played really well in DX12 for a while, but now after this latest update it plays terribly in DX12 replete with lots of stutters compared to DX11 although the frame rate is higher.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I fixed it. I cleaned the DirectX shader cache, and uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual C++ redistributable 2015.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    The hotfix is somewhat ok, no more 13btk at range but I still feel the ranges it jumps from lets say 4 btk to 8btk is too short smg's its fine but lmgs? just feels silly.

Anyways if you want a game in the same vain as battlefield (well more BF2 project reality) check out hell let loose on steam. Its in early access but development is going at a nice pace. It's been my go to whle all this ttk crap has been going on.

18. AATT

AATT Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I asked there about performance and its in a rough state, not as bad as Insurgency is/was but certainly people seem to have issues that try high FPS due to high refresh monitors. (HLL)

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i tried to play a game yesterday, only to find that suddenly my account is banned or i dunno what happened, it s asking me to renew subscription or buy the game!!!!! can t even access any other game on the account

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Tried playing HLL but the game is so severely optimized for me. GPU/CPU less than 50% utilization and the game will drop down to the 40s at times. Increasing graphical settings and setting resolution slider to max (150%) actually INCREASES performance (gain 10+ FPS, more GPU utilization)

Other than that, I had a lot of fun and find the pacing to be a lot better than Squad. Squad is just.. too milsim and slow for me. HLL seems like a good mix between milsim and the Battlefield series, but it's most certainly still an early access title!

Insurgency Sandstorm recently had a big update that helped with performance a lot. With Insurgency I still tend to favor CoOp the most because as an old Terrorist Hunt fan (Rainbow Six) I've never seen anything quite as good as the CoOp in this game. It's phenomenal and probably the best T-Hunt coop out there right now.

DocStr4ngelove and Shataan like this.