Battlefield Hardline

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Bigbeard1986, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Bigbeard1986

Bigbeard1986 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    To the 2 or 3 people that may be playing this game on pc; the latest, as well as the previous AMD driver causes BF:H to crash to desktop instantly, when mantle is in use.

I was unable to play the game until I edited the prosav file in documents folder to disable mantle, since there was no way for me to change settings in game due to crash.

Seems like AMD forgot this game existed, as this bug was present for a while, but no acknowledgement of it. I don't blame them though, no one plays.

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Mantle is EOL sadly and not supported anymore.

3. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    Mantle is supported still for now, so the issue with BF4 is being looked at for example. I will forward this issue on also since i can replicate it.

4. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 380x X2
    Go into the DLL thread and download some older Mantle DLL's. 1023.0 to be specific, if you use vsync (setting renderaheadlimit to 1 in-game may also work to smooth out vsync with later drivers).

But if you're on crossfire and use vsync, you definitely have to use DX11 in hardline. No driver version really got it right, at least not that I've seen. Mantle is still fine for BF4 in crossfire with the right DLL's

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Hmm
    Mantle working OK for me NP
    All you need to do is Flush Mantle Cache in My Documents\BFH folder
    Im Playing BF4 and H with Mantle from the begining, some problems here and there but it is solved in Win_X and with New Mantle Driver long time ago!
    Try and see.

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Yeah i been using mantle since they enabled it, the battlefield 1 hype has got me back into it, suffice to say i haven't had any CTD with it on the last 5 or so driver releases... the only type of "crash" i experienced was this::puke2:

7. cod6da

cod6da Member

GPU:
    powercolor rx 480 8gb
    Mantle no work for me in bf4 and bfh really bull**** mantle,fake technology.

8. moaka

moaka Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti MSI GX
    Fake technology ? mantle give me +40 fps on my old 7970 ( cf ) and stutter is gone , i playing with mantle all days all time without issue ... On my fury i can push max fps to constant 300 with mantle . (i can make a video for proof )

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Yup i have confirmed -> Mantle in New Driver is f.up
    You can run Mantle in BF:4/H but you need to Copy/paste The Cache + Settings all the time.
    We need next Driver or Stable 16.5.xx

10. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    This issue will be fixed in a later driver. I work for AMD. I can't say which one though.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Yeah they have now lot of work with Polaris Driver and getting things ready for New Driver VI.29 :)
    So Mantle in Polaris + Lots of different GCNs :grad:

12. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    By the way, is mantle triple buffering on windows 10 working now?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016