1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield Hardline

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Paladin Goo

Paladin Goo Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Reference
    Yeah, if I relied on anything totalbiscuit said, I'd miss out on hundreds of great games just because *he* didn't run them well, or because *he* didn't like them. To hell with that sausage fingered nerd. He's not a legit critic just because he has a high sub count. He's still an uneducated human thumb. As I said, it's the diehards who don't like the game.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I LOVED the beta myself.

Watched a stream few times and it seems really good.

Tbh i really don't see why people are hating on it.

3. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Most have pre conceived notions. And many people that give it negative reviews haven't even played it, or for less than an hour. Then people believe them without trying it for themselves. Sheeple.

My only gripe (Well aside from wasting 600k - 200k on stealth paint which doesn't work on hotwire objectives, and having to spend 400k buying stealth outfits again because they disappear) is the weapon balance. It's not bad but it needs work.

SMG's are the best atm. ROF rules all. AR's however aren't bad. The M16 and the M416 are still really strong. But I'm an enforcer playstyle person, and the battle rifles don't hold a candle to either. Losing a shoot out at 100+ yards using a battle rifle vs a SMG is just asinine (And I do get 4-5 hit markers, often enough red ones which I take to mean headshots).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Because it's not BF4 again.
    Visceral created something different, something that doesn't fit within the mold of DICE's previous games... so... people are all pissy about it.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    is this game worth buying? or staying with bf4 better?

6. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    BF4 is better, this is just okay tbh

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Still a lot of BF4 players on the pc? I want to get Hardline since I have been skipping BF generations. I may just wait a few months and get some more feedback on this release.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    This is worth getting if you want something different from BF3/4.
    If you're not willing to accept that this is supposed to be a departure from the series... stick with 4.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I played a bit of the SP, seems pretty decent... I have a feeling it will easily be over BF3/4s ones, but it should, especially given Visceral's experience with the Dead Space series. I only played 1 round of MP, but I played several in the beta and found it ok. It will probably not "win me over" as Bad Company 2, BF3 or BF4 did though.

10. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    ^^^ troll post and video

Joe has gotten pretty ridiculous lately. Just watch his "personal setup up video" he literally knows absolutely nothing about PC hardware and has no idea what hes talking about. "Dual GTX980's with 8GB RAM a piece"....... yeeeeeea. Also his PC is prebuilt my the hell fire demons that are Alienware..... Sorry DELL!!!!!

He only likes RTS, MMO, and RPG games anything else he just bitches and moans about.

For one, BF:HL is the best BF games since BC2. Single player wise, multiplayer wise BF3 is probably a little better. But they got the single player right, it plays like a TV show with episodes instead of levels, the characters have back stories, their are twists, and the graphics in single player destroy BF4 in every way. New gameplay elements like scanning for hidden items as well.

But at least in HL we have more variety and choice of game modes, better upgrade system with cash instead of having to reach certain levels or do certain objectives just to unlock a weapon.

The maps have excellent layouts, the removal of extremely heavy vehicles (tanks/jets) just make the game more balanced and not having the entire map completely destroyed in the first five minutes of a match is pretty good.

The "levelution" actually changes the game modes, and changes the way you play a map. Everglades for instance, you can blow up three (maybe four) huge oil towers and where they fall changes the layout of the map significantly.

Sure you can be an idiot and break the game by driving round in circles on one game mode to rank up quickly or get higher on a leaderboard (like that matters) or you can enjoy the game and play it.

Or you can go back to brokenfield 4/Battlefield 3.5

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    That is sooo me right now lol, found a no kill Hotwire server where I just farm cash. It's ridiculous how much you can get by just driving around, or worse.. AFKing, especially with boosts on. I'm actually working on some documents while racking up the 100Ks of cash. :giggle2:

As for the SP, I'm near the end of Episode 3 and I agree that it's the best BF had since BFBC2. They pretty much mixed True Detective with police corruption action show and it works. The fact that they also have actual actors playing the characters helps as well. :)

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So how's the MP? I got bored of 4 because everyone was an engineer. Is this any better?

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Des drunk review incoming!!

SP is utter ****, one of the worse game ive played in a while story is cheese characters are dull graphics are okish is just crappy the cop elements are silly I honestly enjoyed bf3 and bf4 sp more just for the amazing graphics and tbh I liked irish and the chick! they had way more personality than these dull badly acted ****ers!

MP is fun and fast I like the new game modes and it has a lot of positive things like progression and unlock system and just the silly fun to be hand.

Ive found 32 player rescue to be really fun 1 life per person makes it like a kinda insurgency mode and slows down the game play its awesome really and fits the cops vs robbers perfectly.

The rest of mp is ok...not amazing nothing new tbh and so unpolished say what you will about DICE but sound animation graphics ect are always so amazing hardline fails in all of theses.
    Its just a ok game in the end a 6/7 out of 10 it works and is fun but just a filler imo opinion until DICE drops star wars.. ok im off to eat chicken.

15. Marduk

Marduk Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 780m

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    u really gonna buy this ? let me know if u do

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    AngryJoe is a has been, nobody really cares what he says, it's not like he knows what he's talking about anyway. He needs to get a real job.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Guess horror is more up Visceral's ally...

If I had that many subscribers I would probably quit working and go to college with the remaining time and study one thing after another until I finally figured out what I actually truly enjoy.

Probably my biggest issue irl right now: I'm good with computers and kind of rolled into it, but something just tells me it's not what I was supposed to be doing, at least not as a job.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    I use to think he was ok but lately lost so much respect for him. His new pc set up video was horrible to watch it was like a bragging video of how much of a retardly over priced set up he had bought with donations.

and the worse thing is it was cringe worthy how little he knows about pcs even though he pretends to be a hardcore pc gamer....didn't even build it either he bought a alienware..ugh

He also sucks at fps's so really his opinion means **** all

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Neah. Maybe if I had an Xbox I guess. Player count is way higher on consoles.