Battlefield Bad Company 3... Just maybe

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by peanutmanak47, Oct 8, 2011.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    2142 was different. i liked that one probably a little too much lol.

2. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    BF2142 was fun but I never played it much. It was made when EA was still getting their online **** working well. I don't know how many times my rank and stats would all get reset. After that happening a few times I gave up.

3. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Play on hardcore servers, as nearly all of them have spotting disabled.
    The way it's implemented is far too powerful, as it follows characters behind cover and through buildings. If it was simply a last known position, which would actually simulate squad communication somewhat accurately, than it would be fine, it's rather BS how it is now though.

4. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    2142 was my first BF game, I loved it. Another future BF series would be pretty awesome.

5. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Yeah !!! Bring on BC3 !!!, I need see more destruction, I mean BC2 is best MP I have ever played.

Oh Oasis map is one of my favorite of all the times.:banana:

6. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    After watching some BF3 footage, what's the difference between BC and normal BF?

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    BC is more..like action arcade style.

BF is more like...action / no arcade.

8. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I have played every single Battlefield game in the series. I have enjoyed all of them. Some more than others, but all have been a great experience. I will definitely play this one, too.

9. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    3d spotting to work only for your squad would be great.

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    +3

Yup. They should promote teamplay where they can imo. Ppl speeding around on their own and trying to kill 5 ppl in 1 minute are better off with other games.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Playing on hardcore is not the answer as all you get is people camping and with more snipers than any other class,i could also play this way also but i choose not too,this is why the only map i play on BC2 is Atacama desert which is the only map for me that feels like BF2 alittle,all the other maps suck from major bottlenecks and other issues.

I just wish they would bring back the spotting that they had with BF2 with regards to the Minimap,it worked and nobody complained about it,so why change it.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah well i dont like cheating in games as your basically using an unofficial wallhack.3D spotting is cheating plain and simple.

13. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    2142 probably had the best spotting system.

Any unit could spot on the minimap, but only dedicated scout units could spot on the 3D map.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i never played 2142 but by what you say it does sound the best.

15. SUnSpot

SUnSpot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI gaming 970 4GB
    never liked battlefield until bad company came out. Im not psyched over BF3 at all, but bc3 would be cool.

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    judging from the screenshot thread, BF3 is one of the most photorealistic games i ever saw. i'd like to see more incentives for team play along with using voip. i always had more fun when i was on a squad of guys where we can all actually talk to each other. but back when i played, having very many using their mic was a very rare occurrence. guess thats why they say the xbox online is so fun

17. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    BF3 isn't that amazing when you see it.

It just looks like BC2 with a few cheap lighting effects thrown in. Although, the scenery objects are much more dense, loads of grass clumps and broken chunks of concrete literally everwhere.

18. Aioras

Aioras Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Not agree, lots of complains for a BETA, still looks great so. Is quite better looking than BC2 for me.

19. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    bf3 isnt (on beta) massively better than BFBC2 in fact there are areas where i think BFBC2 looks better and more detailed, its colour scheme and art style are less realistic but that to me actually makes the graphics seem more vibrant.

and example so far of bfbc2 looking better is sandbags. on the beta of bf3 a sandbag wall is three separate angles and you can see where the textures end and stop so that each angle joins another badly very much like when you tile a windows background. on bfbc2 they seem like separate bags with a proper fabric texture, speaking of which the characters so far dont seem to have that fabric texture? anyone else noticed.

also trees have weird black lines down them, and the trunk sways??

on some shots with the mist, sun flare and water BF3 looks amazing, but only in still shots. where as i feel bfbc2 looks better in motion and less flaky texture pop, flicker, jaggies however we will see some amazing still shots on the screen shot thread

of course bf3 is in beta and id expect single player to look amazing !! :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011