Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    No, no port they say. A separate team worked on the pc version.

2. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    A seperate team worked on porting it...

3. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i was not aware of this.

you cannot take down the big white skeleton structures

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well, if a separate team worked on the PC version.... then i think the PS3 people really underestimated the PS3's graphics power.

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Dice will listen.

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    And that's a petition how...?

That was an official request from Dice to do something...

It makes them APPEAR to listen.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i thought they said : pls stop asking about PRONE. NO PRONE.

why people insist on it. if u get pwned easily thats ur own problem. something is not right with u..use cover..work as squad and u good to go..since beginning i dont have problem with prone or lean or else..all tools of campers..now nobody camps so they get owned easily..i like it..its my advantage..ahahah man this is so great game. i have too many tips and tricks about this game.. like how to kill someone with only 3 bullets etc etc...

and guys we game mostly on

EA RACKAGE BETA 10
    EA RACKAGE DEMO 10

see u ;)

8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    They asked from people what they wanted and Dice made it happen.

Use cover, yes, get down to ground and you can use cover more efficiently, you could also use some smaller objects which would not help you much when you are at crouch.

Tank, tool for teamkiller. Mortar, tool for spawnkiller... Everyone who likes to play infrantry would benefit from prone, makes destroying tanks a bit easier to AT troopers (engineers). Lack of prone does not stop people from camping. Prone worked in other Battlefield games, I cant see why it would not work in this one.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    anyone thats demanding prone just wants to go camp ... i missed it at first and now im glad its not there. no camping, well atleast it's down to a minimum :)

10. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    Prone + Hardcore= absolute standstill

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This is better this way mate..really. nobody CAMPS....always on the move or behind something in crouch...

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    People with sniper on some building who are at crouch and do not move in 5minutes are campers, lack of phrone doesnt change that...

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    How about people with mg's in the corners of the buildings with capture points.

some call it defending , some call it camping :p

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    How is crouching behind something not camping while proning is? Crouching on that damn sniper-infested hill isn't camping because they're crouching behind something?

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    u got own by snipers? man i wish i can record 1 whole match and upload it :)...

Guys, calm down...crouching sniper or any enemy is far more EASY TO SPOT than a prone one. Do we agree on that? we should. On the other hand. crouching enemy behind an object never a great MATTER. he hide so he cant see u , so opportunity for MOVE or attack , flank or what ever..man i use my REAL ARMY tactics..and survive good..easy and clean..some of u already got me on STEAM friends list..lets game together in same server..i will be squad leader and u will listen to me..or we can do this BETTER in the FULL game..i use TEAMSPEAK with my mates, sk8 and White u know it..so using tactics is LETHAL..i always SPOT with Q..even if i die, team gonna get that enemy...

Move, take cover, spot enemies...KNOW the position of your enemies. use environment and move again...watch your TEAM MATES..r they shooting? r they under fire? LISTEN the MAP. sounds r great in this game. both fire fight and characters talk.. hear their native talking easily..or someone walking around u. and i look map..if there is no friendly around so that means its enemy...

iam no target for snipers..they cant catch me ..i hear their sniper fire on me..there is a SOUND for it in game which makes sound, i mean bullets pass next to u..just 1 shot...

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well tactics to me are a leader giving orders to fellow team members. taking section by section.
    not running around and saying "hey there is a guy on top of the building."
    thats how we use to it in my old clan. you need a plan.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i promise u victory if u follow my lead. we will save the galaxy from geth..ehh..wrong formula..

if ur ENTIRE TEAM decides to go snipe and camp, u have no chance at all....but basically games purpose is : HAVE FUN..so playing as a SQUAD is FUN..

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Real army tactics ? I would love to use those, but I cant because there is no phrone! When you are planning to destroy T-90, stay down and fire when you know that you will hit, you mostly are not going to get second chance.

There is also some crappy RPG-7 instead of my 112mm APILAS.

Luckily not much XP left for some better AT weapon...

19. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    What kind of a ****ty army teaches you that proning is bad?
    What if I want to take cover in a nearby ditch that an artillery shell just made? Oh ****, I can't because prone isn't in. The lack of prone severely limits the amount of cover in the game. That's why everyone just camps on that hill because the attackers have almost zero cover after that point.
    There are few rocks here and there, but they are always in the same places, thus making the gameplay very predictable. After few matches you'll know where the best places to take cover are.

Now if you could prone, you could take cover behind every single arty ditch or rock. You could run for two seconds, dive into cover, fire few shots, get up and run again for a few seconds and dive to cover. That's real army tactics for attacking, not what you said. (in fact it's one of the basic types of advancing for a single soldier, not even a tactic)

edit: My point is that
    No prone implies that there is less usable cover on the maps. And less cover means that the attackers have even slimmer chances of attacking without getting shot. Thus everyone will just sit somewhere sniping because they know they can survive that way. Ability to prone on the other hand would encourage the use of smaller cover, making assaults more feasible.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.