Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Sniper % maybe, however you sometimes get the problem in TF2 where some real awful snipers take up the 2 sniper slots and your team is suddenly at a massive disadvantage and no-one good can take over haha.

oh yeah I know its a beta, but why the hell does it not show latency / ping?

Stop giving me servers in Australia, jesus christ how hard is that to code

2. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Love the game. Cant wait for the controls getting stuck to stop being an issue.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Team balancing is still an issue on certain servers also. Like when I ended up in a team of two against a team of five earlier and even after several requests nobody would change. Kinda sucked.

4. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

yeah but you cant force team switching, i used to hate that soooo much, get killed as red respawn as blue it was enough to make me turn it off :(

5. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    BFBC2 Beta console port on the PC is great, keep up the good work Dice

Feels, smells and plays like it is a beta console port? DICE don't fu** up this one for us.

no lean ?
    no prone ?
    Right Trigger, Left trigger (console pad bindings) ?

more like an Alpha version than a beta, DICE you better hurry with all the patches after the initial release. One update since the initial Beta release?

Seems the 196.21 driver works better than the newer beta driver.

Be nice if they would of included some beta hard core mode servers to test out.

It gets old shooting someone with a huge gun in a vehicle, over heats and there still alive after hitting them enough to make them minced meat.

I hope Dice does not ruin what can be one of the greatest FPS to date.

6. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    never really seen anyone running with that
    and it has terrible accuracy, rather use the 2nd unlock of assault...

unless of course your in close-combat.. but then u should just use a shotgun or something..

7. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    So what is the deal with the dedicated servers? I hear so many different answers on the subject.

8. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    If anyone getting locked keys, use steam beta.

@people complaining about quality and how AA won't work. It's beta, wait next month till official drivers support the game.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  9. dshramek

dshramek Guest

I see tons of people using that pistol, myself one of them. I find it just as accurate as the m9. I find all pistols overpowered in this beta.

10. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Guess your on a newb server then haha :) just kidding.

Well alot of people on the two servers I play on run with the .45er. It has sick stoppingpower, it is fast and it is accurate enough. I took out 4 people last round comming in from behind, 1 shotted 2 of them with a single shot to the neck and then rapidly 2 shotted the two remaining where only one was fast enough to actually return fire with his low damaging carbine, totally raped. I only use my LGM as medic to scare people then I whip out the 45 and farm them :)..

If you have problems aiming may I suggest that your turn off mouse acceleration in Windows 7, if you don't know what I'm talking about then point proven :infinity:

I got one question for you guys though, did you notice you cannot change the mouse sensitivity "on foot", "as pilot" and "in a vehicle" independently? Or is it me who simply cannot find the right slider lol, seems extremly wierd..and makes it impossible for me to drive anything or use any mounted weapons since my normal "on foot" sensitivity is extremly low.

11. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    That's the beauty of having a mouse with on the fly sensitivity buttons. I have super sensitive mode for mounted guns/turrets/etc, normal mode for on foot, and very low sensitivity for sniping. Works perfectly :D

12. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    word

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Bird?

14. Renegade8100

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    rolfcopter

15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Hate to say.... but after playing a fair bit of the PC beta.... i'm honestly thinking about cancelling my PS3 preorder. Dunno about anyone else.... but a game where you seem to tend to spawn quite often with an enemy 2 feet behind you.... not my cup-o-tea. Granted that could just be the Rush game type, where the idea is progression..... but when i get knifed from behind once 2 seconds after spawning, then shot with an assault rifle 2 minutes later from behind 2 seconds after spawning.... it gets seriously irritating.

16. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Why don't you take 5-10s monitoring the guy you intend to spawn on to see what his situation is before you press "ready" :p?

17. Renegade8100

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    yeah.. welcome to bf lol people will sit there and watch the spawn points. in bf2 it was hilarious sitting at gulf of omen's bottom right beach base in an apc and just spawn killin the crap out of everyone. i am sure when the game gets in full swing, there will be clan servers that ban for spawn killing in uncappables

18. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    and its just a beta, i`m sure things will get ironed out

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah you have to blame that stuff on lack of teamplay^ you should have help clearing that sit out
    i just c4'ed 5 guys spawnkilling he he

20. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Yah, my ms 3.0 mouse can't do that.. and I've been using the ms 3.0 for hhmm maybe 10 years..so I can't get used to anything "razor esque" :wanker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.